What Team Did You Play For?

Thesportsreporters

I played for RIVERDALE my freshman and sophmore year which was 85 and 86 we won districts both years with great games against oakland which we won of course to make it to the playoffs (i was not on varsity my freshman year) My sophmore year i got to play a little bit i even got to play in a playoff game against lawrence co but the game i remember the most was the quarter finals game against rhea county it was andy kellys SR year. It came a hail storm during the game and back then we rode in the old WARRIOR WAGON and we was a little nervous going down those hills in that thing

We had several get scholarships on that team Rias bennett Alfonso alexander John Jones they all went to tenn tech Curt watkins went to MTSU and i know there is more.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everett High , Class of 1977. I played tailback in a veer offense and safety on defense. For those that do not know , Everett was one of the schools that was closed when Heritage High and later William Blount opened. It was the largest school in Blount County and we had a great rivalry with Maryville , although we had no better luck against them than the current B.C. schools. We did usually play them close. I played against the 1976 MHS state championship team and the great Danny Spradlin. My claim to fame was I scored the last touchdown scored by Everett , against a Maryville team and I had the final interception ever by an Everett Bulldog in the final game of the season against Cocke County High. We never had a winning season during my time there but I loved playing high school football , and to this day I miss it. A great experience. <_<

Coalman i was wondering if u knew my dad Norm Wheeler or my Uncle Mark Wheeler they both went to everett my dad graduated around 75 and my uncle was in the last class to graduate

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825768150' date='Sep 29 2005 - 07:39 PM']

Wow..I remember reading about that and have told that story many times to kids to just let them know of the importance of keeping their cool. Football is a great game, but it`s not worth doing something dumb over. Can`t believe it was that many years ago. Didn`t he drop a punt late in the game?

HE WAS NOT THE ONE THAT DROPPED THE PUNT. I PLAYED WITH THE GUY THAT DROPPED THE PUNT AT LAMBUTH.

BEST GAME THAT NEVER HAPPENED WAS THE THIRD ROUND OF THE STATE PLAYOFFS THAT WOULD HAVE MATCHED US UP WITH WAVERLY WHO WAS ALSO UNDEFEATED AT THE TIME. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PLAY AGAINST ALL MY FRIENDS FROM THERE, BUT WE LOST TO MEMPHIS TREADWELL AND THE X-MAN AND WAVERLY KILLED THEM THE NEXT WEEK.

That's the same thing Lofton said.

WHICH LOFTON, KENNY OR KEVIN?

I played for Fairview High School for two seasons (2001-2002). Started at Cornerback and Wide Reciever for the 23 games played over those two years. We went 13-10 during those two years. Not very impressive but for Fairview it was a big turn around. We got the biggest win in school history, IMO, my senior year, when we upset Huntingdon (who was # 3 in the state) at their place in the first round of the playoffs. I had the game winning intereception, so that is probably why I remember that game so much. But both seasons our season was ended by the McKenzie Rebels. Both times playing in mud bowls at McKenzie. Oh man the good ole days.

Played at Smith County high school 1999-2002. I played FB in a veer offense and Will LB. Made the playoffs everyyear. Most memorable game 02 in round 2 against Portland in the mud. We were down 7-0 at half scored on the ugliest thrown ball ever in wet and muddy game made the score 7-6 we stop them and drive the field and score from about 20 yards out in middle of fourth quarter and then scored on the two point conversion play put us 14-7. They scored with a couple of minutes to go in the game and we block the extra point try. We go on win 14-13 to only lose to Trousdale Co the next week. I start at Austin Peay at the Rover LB spot.

Hey oldsc7, do you know my friend Earl Williams? He plays at Austin Peay as well, and im pretty sure he starts, either at LB or SS. How are ya'll doing this year anyway?

Played nose guard for Dickson County 87-89, grad 90. Through my three years of HS (Freshmen were Jr. High), we were 34-4 with the 15-0 88 AAA championship over M. Oakland. My senior year we scheduled Oakland for our Homecoming game (what was coach thinking), we beat them again but could celebrate that victory long due to the ACT the next morning.

For my last game, we were 11-0 in the second round, ranked 19th in the Nation, USA Today, and played a very talented Whites Creek team. For a long time I wasn't able to swallow our defeat. However, looking back now, losing to an eventual Super Bowl winner makes it much easier. WC linebacker Shelton Quarrels is now #53 (I believe) for Tampa Bay Bucs.

As it has been said, "Oh, the memories". But I am one of the few people who can say that I never lost to Gallatin or any school from M'boro.

Another out-of-stater but what the heck.

WR/DB, Sparkman High School; Toney, AL, 70-73. Hey, the other WR went on to play four years at Alabama A&M. I always felt that my poor play made him look better than he really was. :thumb:

Not any great games but we did have some great parties. Frankly, Sparkman was a big basketball school at the time. Our biggest rival was Hazel Green, which is a team Lincoln County is playing this year.