What Team Did You Play For?

Thesportsreporters

I went to Dalewood Elementary. Most of the kids from Dalewood went to Litton. One of my mother's best friends was Bill Harris' wife who coached at Litton.

I tell people that I was supposed to go to Litton but they found out my parents were married so I had to go to Stratford. That's a joke. :lol:

I also went to Dalewood, class of 65 :thumb: . Did Bill Harris have a son named Tommy? He was a Litton player that also ended up at Stratford but did not play after the move. Stratford was a great neighborhood school in the day. The 1972 team was great but I don't think they were as strong as the Mike Jones era of teams.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also went to Dalewood, class of 65 :thumb: . Did Bill Harris have a son named Tommy? He was a Litton player that also ended up at Stratford but did not play after the move. Stratford was a great neighborhood school in the day. The 1972 team was great but I don't think they were as strong as the Mike Jones era of teams.

Coach Harris's son played at Stratford, and his football nickname was ZERO. IT had to do with the blocking system we used. He played well for the Spartans.

2001-2004 White House Blue Devils, two region 6-4a championships, freshman and senior years. Quarterfinals appearance freshman year and semifinal appearance and 13-1 record senior year. My freshman team was also the Walking Horse Bowl champions in Marshall County(2001). I was a three year starter at center and started a handful of games at noseguard. #57 Loved every minute of it

yea i remeber you...you were pretty good but i played for portland 2000-03...i played guard my first 3 years and started at center my senior year...we won state my freshman year and went to the playoffs all 4 years...our biggest game was the white house game in 03 even though we lost everybody fought to the end and the refs stayed out of it and let us go...my family played and coached for white house in the late 70s and early 80s

Edited by ptown_man

Yes, Tommy became a dentist.

The other Harris family mentioned - The father was Doug and the sons were Doug Jr., Don and Terry.

Gallatin, '91-'93. #77, OL. Started at Left guard in '92, center in '93. We were 14-1 in '91, lost to a monster Oak Ridge squad in the Clinic Bowl. 15-0 in '93, beat Clinton in the Clinic Bowl. 9-2 in '93, won the Region, got a bye, and lost to Oak Ridge 14-7 in the 2nd round. Only game I ever lost at home. Played at MTSU my freshman year, didn't like it, quit and concentrated on school.

Grundy Co. of course. 81-84 seasons. 85 grad.

Line both ways of course.

Best personal game was against Whitwell in 83. Have no clue about my personal stats but I know it was my best game.

Best game for the team was the 83 comback victory over Marion Co. Ken Colquette's Warriors were up 21-0 at the half against a Grundy team that had only won 2 games. They were 5-1 or 5-2 at the time and favored by 30 to spank us. We came back and tied the game on the back of the legend Steve Turner. In overtime they scored first and kicked the PAT. We had to go to 4th down to score on our posession. We went for two and Mike Northcutt hit the great Tim Orange in the corner of the end zone to give us the 29-28 win. The entire second half our 150 at the most fans were louder than Marion's 800+.

Out of four years that's the game that means the most.

DL.

Were their any Turners on that team?

Gallatin, '91-'93. #77, OL. Started at Left guard in '92, center in '93. We were 14-1 in '91, lost to a monster Oak Ridge squad in the Clinic Bowl. 15-0 in '93, beat Clinton in the Clinic Bowl. 9-2 in '93, won the Region, got a bye, and lost to Oak Ridge 14-7 in the 2nd round. Only game I ever lost at home. Played at MTSU my freshman year, didn't like it, quit and concentrated on school.

Sensation, what are you doing now? Are we going to play anymore? I'm sure you went to the Silver Bullet. It was my anniversary. Give me a yell at school.