Maryville At Central -

MLREB

Just curious. How could they have had the game won when they never led the entire game? They still had twenty yards to go. Their offense did not score all night so I hardly think them scoring was a given at that point.

mhs- The Radio folks on 990 am was saying the samething as mjubh. Why so defensive? U have one of the best programs in the State.

It would be nice yo see Maryville step outside it's confort zone and play other top schools like Alcoa has done.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have stats? And were all 14 points for central scored by their D on turnovers?

I heard on the radio we held Central to under 250 yards. I was surprised it was that much. Not sure how much yardage Maryville had. They move it at times but both of their TD's came on big plays. Central picked up a fumble by Maples I believe and ran it in from about 20 and then I think it was Hunt who threw an interception that got returned like 90 yards for a td. The one that really hurt was after their first score we moved right down the field and Baker fumbled at about the two yard line. After that they fumbled it back to us and then the long INT return.

KICKING ADVANTAGE CENTRAL. If it comes down to a kicking contest Central wins If I am not mistaken Maryville has had a few miscues in the kicking game. If Gaston is the return man Central will score one T.D. on a kick return.

Quote from bigcatt2

Central gets one blocked. Maryville drills a 47 yard game winner. Sometimes you just never know huh?

mhs- The Radio folks on 990 am was saying the samething as mjubh. Why so defensive? U have one of the best programs in the State.

It would be nice yo see Maryville step outside it's confort zone and play other top schools like Alcoa has done.

I don't know how i sounded defensive. Unless stating a different point of view makes me defensive. If Central had fumbled at the one yard line going in for the game winner I could have seen the point. Like I said, their O did not score so to me 20 yards was not a given at that point. I guess I felt like he was saying Cental handed us the game when in reality we almost handed it to them.

What can I say we just don't have the courage of mighty Alcoa! Alcoa has absolutely no one to challenge them in their region. We have powell and Central to deal with every year, and Halls is good from time to time. Previous to this year we played Morristown West for three or four years and they were semi finalists and a blue cross bowl participant during those years. We had an extra team added to our region and had to drop them. Our only non region games are Alcoa, Heritage and William Blount. I am sure if we dropped any of them we would be called chickens. Before you pat yourself on the back too much Hopkinsville does not seem to be much of a powerhouse to me. Neither is Fulton. McCallie is average by their standards this year. Powell beat them and you saw the score of our game with Powell I guess. Other than Maryville I honestly don't see a top team you have played. I know you Alcoa folks are disappointed when Maryville is challenged and pulls it out. Sorry it didn't go your way tonight.

mhs- MBA played one of the top teams in the Nation and so did Riverdale. I'm just saying It would great to see the rebs play outside their norm. You have the top program in the state. Go out and show your stuff.

Give Alcoa credit for stepping uo and playing 3A, 4A State Champs, one of the Super 7 and Hoptown who has been one of the top programs in KY,

mhs- MBA played one of the top teams in the Nation and so did Riverdale. I'm just saying It would great to see the rebs play outside their norm. You have the top program in the state. Go out and show your stuff.

Give Alcoa credit for stepping uo and playing 3A, 4A State Champs, one of the Super 7 and Hoptown who has been one of the top programs in KY,

Well for one thing I don't make out the schedule. MBA is a private school right? I am sure they have more money to travel than we do. I don't know about Riverdale. Wonder how much money Alcoa had to blow to go to Kentucky and Chatt compared to what they got out of it? Alcoa did put a pretty tough schedule together although I heard it was the result of Wm Blount and Heritage dropping them suddenly and them scrambling to find games. The tougher the schedule the better. It makes it look better that we were to only team to beat them. Will Alcoa be playing those same teams next year after all those stud seniors are gone or was it a one year deal? I am guessing Fulton and McCallie yes and Hoptown no?

Maryville's defense was awesome and deserved a shutout. Central's offense didn't score a single point. This is George Quarles best defense ever. Everyone on defense played well. Especially Landon Hall.

Offense looked good at times but shot themselves in the foot too many times. Offense needs to stop the mistakes or they will get put out early in the playoffs. Tonights game should have been at least a 28-0 game. Penalties,fumbles and interceptions.

If Maryville would have lost this game it would have been a bitter pill to swallow. I would have hated to seen a defensive effort like that wasted.

I believe Central and Maryville will meet again.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett had open Date. I went to the BIG GAME! it was all that is good about High School Sports. Great game great atmospere. congrats to both teams! Thanks for the show! good luck to both! Mr. Huskey, sir it was nice to meet you. Thanks for sliding over and making room for us to have a seat!

All I know is that they were about to score and the offense for Central was moving against the great Reb D.

I would have liked the game more rigger101 if we had gone by your "about to score" rules. Using that format Maryville would have had at least 3 more td's as they were a lot closer to the goal line three times, than Central was on the last drive.

The "great Reb D" had a shutout.

Edited by STARSNBARS

I would have liked the game more rigger101 if we had gone by "about to score" rules. Using that format Maryville would have had at least 3 more td's and they were a lot closer to the goal line than Central was on the last drive.

The great Reb D had a shutout.

Be careful Stars or he will accuse you of being defensive. He dosen't like other people's opinion. He is an Alcoa fan who hates Maryville but tries to stay in the closet with it. :blink: