White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

This shouldn't even be debated folks. Maryville will have this one wrapped up by halftime. I think resting Tallent last week and this week (which from what I hear he could play if we were playing a team like Central) is gonna help us bigtime in our playoff run. Not only because it gets him back to 100%, but because Tank Baker is getting an opportunity to carry most of the load and he has played very well. That gives opposing coaches that much more to worry about when analyzing the film. The player that will really jump out at them is Tyler Maples though. Nobody on this years team has been more impressive. He has 16 all-purpose TD's in the regular season ( just missed another punt return fri. night on that 70 yarder he returned to the 3). 16 td's for a WR/DB in the regular season is IMPRESSIVE. The kid is averaging 20.6 ypc (11td on 30 catches). He also averages 20.7 per punt return (2td's in 15 attempts) 27.5 each kickoff return (1td in 6 returns) Lastly he averages 40.5 yards per interception return (2 td's on 2 picks). These stats have been made in the first half of most games and with other teams kicking the ball away from him on punts/kickoffs. He is getting a lot of interest from Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Florida, Alabama, and Virginia Tech. He has already been on unofficials to UT and Vanderbilt, and is going to florida next week on an unofficial. With our running game being as strong as it is and with a playmaker like Maples I see us having no trouble making it back to the boro to claim what is ours . . .

Maryville-48

White Co.- 13 (on reserves)

You know this for a fact about Maples. Yes he is good but not SEC good. His receiving TD's are some what of a by- product of the QB's only looking for him. When I saw a catch Friday night by #9, I was like , Wow why don't they throw to him or that big tight end #88 more. Good luck to him if that is the case!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White County is too banged up to win this game. Would only have a slim chance even if we weren't banged up. Maryville probably won't even see Dell Lewis JR on offense. He might play a little defense.

I havenot seen White County play, and i have not heard much about them. I do know this, Maryville is as good as people say they are. They are well coached. They lost a majority of starters, there SEC caliber quarterback, and an offensive line, but they are still 10-0. That shows great coaching, and talented dedicated kids, at the beggining of the year i would have never predicted they would be 10-0, but they are. I hope that White County doesn't blame this upcoming loss on a few injuries. I really wish White County had a rested injury free team, so that when Maryville wins there are no excuses. I hope that region 3-4a has a good first round, as do maryvilles other county neighbors.

Maryville wins easily 49-7.

You know this for a fact about Maples. Yes he is good but not SEC good. His receiving TD's are some what of a by- product of the QB's only looking for him. When I saw a catch Friday night by #9, I was like , Wow why don't they throw to him or that big tight end #88 more. Good luck to him if that is the case!!

I do think Maples gets more passes his way for some reason. With his speed he gets great speration and with the QB's we currently have it maybe a good idea to be callins one number at a time. I'm not second guessing GQ because is can clearly out coach UT's! I was at the game vs. SC and the UT offence is clueless with all the talent they have! Coaching makes a huge difference and on Sat Night that was the case. GQ know's what he is doing. Go Rebs

I do think Maples gets more passes his way for some reason. With his speed he gets great speration and with the QB's we currently have it maybe a good idea to be callins one number at a time. I'm not second guessing GQ because is can clearly out coach UT's! I was at the game vs. SC and the UT offence is clueless with all the talent they have! Coaching makes a huge difference and on Sat Night that was the case. GQ know's what he is doing. Go Rebs

Not to take this thread any further off line but I am thankful that as of this post Randy Sanders is set to resign :D

Not to take this thread any further off line but I am thankful that as of this post Randy Sanders is set to resign :thumb:

I agree but he is just the fall guy. The whole situation has gotten way out of hand. Fulmers ole' boy system has runa-muck because the program has failed to progress and the great game progresses. If the alumi are satisfied with canning sanders alone while phil is allowed to bring in another ole boy then get ready for a few years of dismal seasons.

Look at the kids UT is trying to get into camp on the "O" side of the ball. UT did not want Thompson, Stewart, Cassion Jackson, Prugh and other local outstanding High School players through the years, but the kids they got from other places have not produced. Everyone who watched Riggs in H.S. knew he would be a bust. But UT bought into the press and his family planted hype. I don't know about you but I am glad Maryville, Central and some others have well coached teams to watch because that UT product is not worth my ticket money. Go reb's.

I agree but he is just the fall guy. The whole situation has gotten way out of hand. Fulmers ole' boy system has runa-muck because the program has failed to progress and the great game progresses. If the alumi are satisfied with canning sanders alone while phil is allowed to bring in another ole boy then get ready for a few years of dismal seasons.

Look at the kids UT is trying to get into camp on the "O" side of the ball. UT did not want Thompson, Stewart, Cassion Jackson, Prugh and other local outstanding High School players through the years, but the kids they got from other places have not produced. Everyone who watched Riggs in H.S. knew he would be a bust. But UT bought into the press and his family planted hype. I don't know about you but I am glad Maryville, Central and some others have well coached teams to watch because that UT product is not worth my ticket money. Go reb's.

Amen FBE...UT is aweful from a production standpoint of their athletes(excluding the genious mastermind Chavis). Amazing how this "non-existant" state of Tennessee tallent is having success across the country at big name schools, yet UT WON'T recruit them or they simply ask players to walk on. I don't blame players in this state going to other places where they are offered a free ride for college. Tuition nowadays is getting to be ridiculous for some families. I wander if all those salary increases for the great coaches we apparently have has any connection to tuition hikes...cause we all know UT is accepting more and more kids nowadays...or so it seems.

Anyway, on to Maryville. Is Tallent going to play? If he doesn't play and White County's players that have been hurt play it could get interesting. From what I understand about White County they're not such a bad team. They've just been unfortunate with circumstances. I thought that someone said their stud running back was playing defense but not offense yet. So, will he play against Maryville on O? I don't have much of an idea about who White County really is, but I have a feeling that this game will be closer than some would think. I hope I'm wrong, but I just got that feeling for some reason. Anyway, go get 'em rebels from a red devil fan. Good luck to all 3-4a teams.

Amen FBE...UT is aweful from a production standpoint of their athletes(excluding the genious mastermind Chavis). Amazing how this "non-existant" state of Tennessee tallent is having success across the country at big name schools, yet UT WON'T recruit them or they simply ask players to walk on. I don't blame players in this state going to other places where they are offered a free ride for college. Tuition nowadays is getting to be ridiculous for some families. I wander if all those salary increases for the great coaches we apparently have has any connection to tuition hikes...cause we all know UT is accepting more and more kids nowadays...or so it seems.

Anyway, on to Maryville. Is Tallent going to play? If he doesn't play and White County's players that have been hurt play it could get interesting. From what I understand about White County they're not such a bad team. They've just been unfortunate with circumstances. I thought that someone said their stud running back was playing defense but not offense yet. So, will he play against Maryville on O? I don't have much of an idea about who White County really is, but I have a feeling that this game will be closer than some would think. I hope I'm wrong, but I just got that feeling for some reason. Anyway, go get 'em rebels from a red devil fan. Good luck to all 3-4a teams.

ok boys

White co. is huge they don't have a linemen less that 270. They are a fisical team so that will be another good test. Tallent was practicing so that is good. Hopefully that feeling is another 40 somthing to nothing feeling.

:D

Edited by rebelman16

Lewis will probably play a limited role on each side of the ball,he is a big strong kid and a good kid.I hope you are right and it is at least interesting at half,either way like ive said we are still talking bout warrior football in november,so no matter the outcome this is something to build on!!!!!

Lewis will probably play a limited role on each side of the ball,he is a big strong kid and a good kid.I hope you are right and it is at least interesting at half,either way like ive said we are still talking bout warrior football in november,so no matter the outcome this is something to build on!!!!!

You guys are real positive.

I hope it is a great challenge for both teams as well.

:D