White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

I could CARE LESS if I stir up the Rebs or not!

The CAVS aren't playin 'em,Sparta is!

I know their ranking is legit.They are absolutely one of the best two or three programs in the state year in year out.

But there's no way you can argue that they are better than Cookeville is.There's no way to prove it! Maryville's schedule is also no tougher than Cookeville's top to bottom.Aside from Central the rest of the region is weak.Throw in Alcoa & WB,that's it.Granted Cookeville is in right now the weakest 5A region but aside from a certain # of 4A teams 5A is still tougher football.

Rankings mean nothing when it's two different classes. Once again it's a FUTILE argument,save it for the Riverdale fans. :D

Oak Ridge scrimmaged both teams before the season, maybe they could tell us who they think is better.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could CARE LESS if I stir up the Rebs or not!

The CAVS aren't playin 'em,Sparta is!

I know their ranking is legit.They are absolutely one of the best two or three programs in the state year in year out.

But there's no way you can argue that they are better than Cookeville is.There's no way to prove it! Maryville's schedule is also no tougher than Cookeville's top to bottom.Aside from Central the rest of the region is weak.Throw in Alcoa & WB,that's it.Granted Cookeville is in right now the weakest 5A region but aside from a certain # of 4A teams 5A is still tougher football.

Rankings mean nothing when it's two different classes. Once again it's a FUTILE argument,save it for the Riverdale fans. :D

I agree with everyone else...let's not forget oh Powell, Knox Halls or West and for that matter..Alcoa who is loaded...William Blount who isn't a bad team either really. West is the best team not in the playoffs this year regardless of classification. They just unluckily play in 3-4a. I believe Powell has nearly beaten Farragut and did beat McCallie this year! Correct me if I'm wrong here. Knox Halls has beaten Sevier County which most people seem to have forgotten out here except for Halls fans and I do believe the score of that one was 24-14. Knox West took Mo-West to OT..just another reason to look upon Maryville's schedule as being a LOT tougher than you'd think. This debate should've been over with anyways...Maryville should've moved up for sake of all sanity. But they didn't and they had that option so more power to them. Next time around I don't think they'll have that option. Anyway, Maryville is very much legit. If you think Knox Halls or Powell is a pushover by any means then ask Maryville if those two teams weren't the most physical they've faced this year. And Central, well Central is loaded with tallent. I'm telling you, Maryville is good and there no mistake in it in why they've won 68/70 games or whatever that crazy statistic is. 4A football is just as good as 5A, if not better. Now, I think Riverdale is a step above everyone by all means. It'd be interesting to see Riverdale vs. Maryville, but that'll have to wait at least a few years. They just have it going on there. But overall play for a class, I'd say that 4A is better. That's just my humble opinion though. And by all means 3-4A is the hardest in the state...just ask those chattanooga teams who get tired of playing us in the opening round year in and year out. Chattanooga teams would dominate northeast Tn 4A football, but unluckily for them, that have to play the Knoxville area football teams. Good luck to those Rebs yet again!

Also, I left out that Knox Halls (4A again..I must remind) beat 5a power Kingsport DB in preseason play 2 TDs-0. Just another interesting point and yes I realize preseason doesn't mean anything, but it does to these two teams..believe me.

You keep leaving Powell out! They are a top 4A program! Also, Halls is in the playoffs.

If your not smart enough to look at the facts or come up with reasons the Sparta boys are going to give the Rebs a game then your just blowing air!

So when the Rebs beat your boys by more points than Cookeville did, will that do it for you?

Let's play this logic. Knox Central Beat Farragut(21-10), Farragut beat Ooltewah(35-7),Ooltewah beat Rhea Co (21-44) and Ooltewah beat Cookeville. (21-7at the half).

Try to follow that bouncing ball! Bless your hearts! You really don't know what your boys are walking into.artillery.gif

navyjack.gif

Rigger, your wasting your time arguing with these guys- they're dillusional. Actually anybody that doubts Maryville is more than dillusional, they're just plain idiotic. By no means am I a Maryville fan, but 5 State titles in the last 7 years- you gotta give them props.

I've been jawing with some of the Rhea Co. fans on the Central thread and they're just as blind. I think that they should carpool with White Co. up here so that they can cry on each other's shoulders on the ride home. Go 3-4A!

P.S. I think some of those BHS fans are getting a little out of hand- you need to set them straight

You keep leaving Powell out! They are a top 4A program! Also, Halls is in the playoffs.

If your not smart enough to look at the facts or come up with reasons the Sparta boys are going to give the Rebs a game then your just blowing air!

So when the Rebs beat your boys by more points than Cookeville did, will that do it for you?

Let's play this logic. Knox Central Beat Farragut(21-10), Farragut beat Ooltewah(35-7),Ooltewah beat Rhea Co (21-44) and Ooltewah beat Cookeville. (21-7at the half).

Try to follow that bouncing ball! Bless your hearts! You really don't know what your boys are walking into.artillery.gif

Are you kidding me? I'm not a Sparta fan!!

I'm a Cookeville fan only responding to your post that Maryville is better than the CAVS this year;something that is an opinion only & can't be proven!

I KNOW Maryville will beat White County,and I really do not care.

Don't know where you're getting the above statement. :D

It's funny you're on here scrambling to jump on that big rebelnation bandwagon.I thought you were a Farragut fan? B)

Too bad the Admirals won't be around to meet Cookeville later on.You MIGHT have an argument with the Rebels but not with them! B)

Edited by THE SQUAD

No one from Maryville cares about Cookeville. We don't play them.

But should anyone doubt the Rebels, I'd say you've made a tactical error. No one has left the field after playing them and still doubted them in a lot of years. It's easy to question our success or to throw stones, but all the gold balls really speak for themselves and render your arguments baseless and futile. To suggest that our schedule is weak really shows your ignorance. Further, we play 15 games just about every year, and, in the process, must theoretically play the best in the state to prove that we are the best in the state. So, question our ability to beat the best no more.

Now if you want to start a 4A vs. 5A war, then that's just another thing. It's a major waste of time.

Are you kidding me? I'm not a Sparta fan!!

I'm a Cookeville fan only responding to your post that Maryville is better than the CAVS this year;something that is an opinion only & can't be proven!

I KNOW Maryville will beat White County,and I really do not care.

Don't know where you're getting the above statement. :D

It's funny you're on here scrambling to jump on that big rebelnation bandwagon.I thought you were a Farragut fan? B)

Too bad the Admirals won't be around to meet Cookeville later on.You MIGHT have an argument with the Rebels but not with them! B)

Just trying to show common teams that have played each other. As far as Farragut thats another thread and they did kill the team that beat the cavs.