White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final was 28-21 in OT. Cookeville would spank Maryville or any other 4A team in the state. B)

Good luck WC on Friday. B)

HEHE , thanks for the laugh .... nothing like spewing coffee through your nose onto the keyboard !! :D

Welcome aboard Rigger !! Maryville fans may have to adopt Farragut now as the 5A team we're pulling for .. after William Blount is ousted of course .

Looking forward to playoff football tonight , good luck to all teams and hopefully no one gets injured . :thumb:

HEHE , thanks for the laugh .... nothing like spewing coffee through your nose onto the keyboard !! :D

Welcome aboard Rigger !! Maryville fans may have to adopt Farragut now as the 5A team we're pulling for .. after William Blount is ousted of course .

Looking forward to playoff football tonight , good luck to all teams and hopefully no one gets injured . :thumb:

Wouldn't it be more like welcome to the ranks! :blink:

I've always respected their great programs. (Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer and the best sport of all Wrestling) They all ways give the 7 time Regionsl Champion the Admirals a tuff match.

Godd luck on your next gold ball!

BTW- I even get my sons Lettermen Jackets at Pokeys! :D

Here's my take on the game tonight:

Maryville is primed for another state run. They are in this position every year and are accustomed to it. Business as usual for the Rebs.

Ryan Tallent gets plenty of time to rest and heal up in preparation for the remainder of the playoffs.

The 3-5 defense of White Co gets exploited tonight as they learn that our offense is plenty smart enough to figure out who to block. That being the case, we find the holes and their DBs are forced to make a lot of tackles on Tank and Singleton after they've already gone ten yards. Our running game clicks tonight.

Tyler Maples will find the end zone at least twice. Probably two passes, but could just as easily be a special teams play. The establishment of our run game will open up the passing game.

On defense, well...what to say. The Rebels are just amazingly dominant on this side of the ball. I see White Co having some minimal success but not finding the endzone on their first couple of posessions. But, the D holds. We bring in fresh bodies. Their big boys get a little tired and we get a little wired. Their big RB finds out what a swarming shut down defense looks like. Their big WR finds that they can't get the ball to him.

Wake up call to all in the Rebels path: it's playoff time, it's Rebel time...we own the postseason.

Maryville 42

White Co 14

Here's my take on the game tonight:

Maryville is primed for another state run. They are in this position every year and are accustomed to it. Business as usual for the Rebs.

Ryan Tallent gets plenty of time to rest and heal up in preparation for the remainder of the playoffs.

The 3-5 defense of White Co gets exploited tonight as they learn that our offense is plenty smart enough to figure out who to block. That being the case, we find the holes and their DBs are forced to make a lot of tackles on Tank and Singleton after they've already gone ten yards. Our running game clicks tonight.

Tyler Maples will find the end zone at least twice. Probably two passes, but could just as easily be a special teams play. The establishment of our run game will open up the passing game.

On defense, well...what to say. The Rebels are just amazingly dominant on this side of the ball. I see White Co having some minimal success but not finding the endzone on their first couple of posessions. But, the D holds. We bring in fresh bodies. Their big boys get a little tired and we get a little wired. Their big RB finds out what a swarming shut down defense looks like. Their big WR finds that they can't get the ball to him.

Wake up call to all in the Rebels path: it's playoff time, it's Rebel time...we own the postseason.

Maryville 42

White Co 14

Good post- but no way they put up 14 on you all, not even on your 3rd string