Marshall Co. @ Lexington

treefitty74

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the longest post ever for this region 5 vs region 6 matchups. It appears that you can read and hold a grudge. That's all right...I think if you look at the scores....REGION 5 won 3 out of 4 tonight..........not too shabby. You were the lone victor. The word all along was that IF the Marshall co QB had a hot night there would be trouble...obviously he did not. What you found out tonight that in Region 5 there were a total of three teams that could score but not stop anyone...one of them made the playoffs and that was Marshall. What is left in Region 5 is 3 tough defenses.....did I say THREE...as in THREE out of four.

You will be favored in next week's game...so?????????......

Boy, MC couldn't go it so just move on to the next team huh? I guess you will be Creekwood's biggest fan this week too huh? And if needed Lipscomb? Heck if we keep going then you will probably cheer for whoever comes out of the bottom forth of the bracket and then Fulton in the Boro?

I am a little surpised Liberty got beat, but I expected SS to lose and knew when I saw the CC bus on the way to Nashville today what they were headed into. But to be honest, I really don't care what Liberty, South Side, or Chester Co. did or what anyone else in region 5 and 6 did. I care that Lexington won, period. I don't hang my hat on a region. I was just poking fun at all of the trash talkers this week.

Good luck to all THREE teams from Region 5 next week. And good luck to poor lil' ol Lexington too, that lone team left from Region 6.

BULLETIN!!

BULLETIN!!

BULLETIN!!

On the bus ride home, Marshall County threw another interception. :thumb:

Hey, don't get mad. When you give up half-a-hundred-plus-12 ... in the playoffs ... then you have to expect a little fun at your expense.

I was at the at the game with treefitty and backindaoc, and I was very impressed with Lexington's running game. Not too many teams could have stopped that juggernaut tonight. It will be interesting to see how LHS matches up down the road in the playoffs, but I'm sure Lindsey & Co. are concerned only with Creek Wood right now.

And, believe me, MC's quarterback not having a hot hand wasn't the reason for the loss. In a word, the reason was: LEXINGTON.

Now, I do want to ask a serious question: Was there something wrong with MC's regular placekicker? I saw #42 listed in the program as the kicker, but #32 did the kicking. I think he would be the first to admit that he's not a kicker.

I got my wish...a track meet. Lexington will need new shoes and new legs for next week.

Lexington looks tough...........we'll see

Yeah it was a track meet alright. It was just a one sided track meet. And you know what, keep your respect. We don't need it from you. I'll give MC their props though because they do have a good team. The Big Red Tigers just needed a few series to get their bearings and then they pretty much shut down that high powered offense. All I can say to you Bulldog about your little "track meet..close game theory" is.....62-28....Put that in your pipe and smoke it. And those legs will be plenty fresh for next week. And how did you get what you wanted? The Big Red Tigers won a not so close "track meet". You think they are gonna be tired after that. Why don't you come on down to the jungle and visit us down here in TigerTown next week and you can witness it for yourself?

BIG RED MACHINE ROLLS ON!

You got any more excuses for Marshall County? If so, now would be the time to use them.

They were food poisoned...the dressing room had poisonous gas that permeated their minds....the Marshall QB had bet on the game to cover the point spread.....Lexington had spies in the Marshall lockerroom...Lexington used ineligible players........the players from Marshall were too tired too play.....The police in Lexington stopped the bus and removed all of Marshall first team before the game......and finally Lexington might have had the better team.......I got more if you need 'em.

Edited by bulldog69

Boy, MC couldn't go it so just move on to the next team huh? I guess you will be Creekwood's biggest fan this week too huh? And if needed Lipscomb? Heck if we keep going then you will probably cheer for whoever comes out of the bottom forth of the bracket and then Fulton in the Boro?

I am a little surpised Liberty got beat, but I expected SS to lose and knew when I saw the CC bus on the way to Nashville today what they were headed into. But to be honest, I really don't care what Liberty, South Side, or Chester Co. did or what anyone else in region 5 and 6 did. I care that Lexington won, period. I don't hang my hat on a region. I was just poking fun at all of the trash talkers this week.

Good luck to all THREE teams from Region 5 next week. And good luck to poor lil' ol Lexington too, that lone team left from Region 6.

I won't go as far as picking Fulton....but region 6 is not on my list this year....sorry!

They were food poisoned...the dressing room had poisonous gas that permeated their minds....the Marshall QB had bet on the game to cover the point spread.....Lexington had spies in the Marshall lockerroom...Lexington used ineligible players........the players from Marshall were too tired too play.....The police in Lexington stopped the bus and removed all of Marshall first team before the game......and finally Lexington might have had the better team.......I got more if you need 'em.

Lexington painted the visitors' locker room pink. .... The dog ate my homework. .... she said she was on the pill. :thumb:

By the way, to the MC cheerleader I thought I made some eye contact with, why didn't you throw me the Nerf ball?!?!?!? :D

[/quote

Dog, you will be a TOTAL JERK to the very end!!! :thumb::D

What a total waste of board space!! :o:)

Guest catfish-hunter

Congrats to Lexington on the win. Their region lost to a superior region 3 games to 1 tonight but they are a good team.

I picked Marshall Co. and I was WRONG!!!! It wouldn't hurt some of you Lexington fans who picked Liberty to beat the Cubs tonight and who picked Jackson South Side to beat Creek Wood tonight to admit that you were also WRONG!!!!

Creek Wood at Lexington next week should be a really good matchup :thumb:

First off,when you enter the playoffs at 5-5 and 4th in the region,then lose 62-28 you are not very good....I will give Marshall Co. this,they do have some good young talent...They have an imaginative offense...What they DO NOT HAVE is a defense or any semblance of a kicking game..That was the most pathetic display of what I loosely term "kicking" I think I have ever seen this side of a pee-wee or junior high game....There has to be someone in that school that could have been coached to kick...You can't give a team like Lexington a short field after you have scored every time...I still can't figure out if Lexington is THAT good or Marshall Co.'s defense was just THAT bad....I'm willing to bet the Lexington "O" is challenged more in practice than they were last night by the MC Tiger "defense".It will get tougher I'm sure,maybe starting Friday against Creek Wood...At least they are a 9-2 team...I was disappointed in the size of the crowd from Marshall Co..Maybe deep down they knew what they in for and stayed home....I was impressed with Lexington's fan support....It was a great high school football game atmosphere.(Nothing like what I saw in Maryville last year,but very good none the less)Lexington,don't make reservations just yet...This Marshall Co. team wasn't very good and it will get MUCH tougher..At least Lexington took care of their business and didn't choke like our Region 7-3A champion Dyersburg did....Good luck to the Lexington Tigers the rest of the way....

I think Big Red is trying to hurt my feelings.

Try to take things as they are meant.....I am just "jousting" and trying to "stir the pot" as I often do. I am certainly a true fan of Middle Tn football. It is obvious that Lexington is better this year........but the only time I will root for them is the semi-finals and beyond.

On a serious note...as always I hope there were no serious injuries to either team........

Now on to the Creekwood match-up

On a serious note...as always I hope there were no serious injuries to either team........

I do recall one MC fan talking to another about a player going out with a broken finger, but I don't think there were any other serious injuries. .... In fact, I don't recall the game being stopped for any length of time due to an injury.