TN High @ Hamblen West

randy3116

The only teams that Tennessee High has had a high degree of trouble with, excluding Dobyns Bennett, are teams that have a very good passing game. My understanding is that MoWest has NO passing game. If this is the case then I feel very good about the game Friday night.

This Tennessee High team has played progressively better and they are night and day difference between now and the DB game. Tenn. has a two edged sword with their passing and running at this point in the season. We have one of the best receivers in the state of Tennessee that no one knows about, but MoWest will see his moves come Friday. I know for a fact that no one has seen anyone of his calibre this entire year. His name is Deshaud Johnson (unsure of the spelling), either way everyone will know his name come Friday about 10:00 when he has juked kids out of their cleats.

I know everyone whines about the officiating, but this is a substantiated case and anyone on either side of the field would say the same thing about last week's game. What I am referring to is 4, yes 4, touchdowns called back on extremely questionable calls that were away from the play and had no bearing on the touchdown. If even two of these flags were kept in the pockets of these idiotic men, the score would have gotten very ugly. This does not bear too well on MoWest's showing against Cherokee if using head to head match ups as a measuring tool.

One final note, before the season began, Tenn high scrimmaged Daniel Boone. Even with all of the inexperience on the Viking squad, they still handed it to Daniel Boone. Since then, this team has improved immensely. You have to remember that last year's 13-1 team was mostly seniors, so these kids are just now playing together well as a team. Having said that, my point is that Daniel Boone was beating Morristown West at halftime, at least that is my understanding and please correct me if I am wrong. But stupid mistakes by coaches and players by Daniel Boone gave the game away to MoWest.

Conclusion:

Morristown West's 11-0 record is extremely misleading as they have played in a weaker conference than Tenn. high (usually the other way around though). Also, Tenn. High has played 3 tough opponents who have prepared them for battle, whereas MoWest toughest game was a weaker Knox West team.

Tenn High 31

MoWest 17

Great post NATION!!!!!! :thumb:

It seems they have to see for themselves. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question...How many senior starters does the Vikings have? Especially at QB, RB and WR positions?

Believe me …. If all where seniors …. We will STILL be good to go next year!!! At this point GOOD program, GOOD coaching, and getting better game after game!!!! One of these days the poles will recognize who gets is done year after year when it counts …. Sullivan East, Sullivan South, DB, NO … COACH STUBBS’ VIKINGS!!!! Stubbs NET coach of the year!!!! :thumb:

Any doubters need to tune in to next year. :D

Wow! my first post this year. THSVikings2004, your the man. As usuall, your the most accurate Viking poster out there.

Now, my 2 cents.

The Vikes didnt start to click until the North game. Everything before that is "coulda shoulda woulda". For example: except for three missed tackles by the secondary we probably beat Science Hill. We had something for South in the second half but we got too far behind in the first half. That tells me that stamina is not an issue. D-B? They simply killed us because they passed the ball and their recievers actually ran under the pass, caught it and fell on the 1 yard line. Like, a dozen times. The fact that all 3 of these games where Home Coming games for them doesn't help. Usually teams get up for Home Coming Games. I thought weak teams were scheduled for home coming. :thumb: Oh, never mind. We lost all them. Any whooo. When Coach Stubbs debuted the Gun Offense, I felt like a proud Poppa. I wonder if we could have scored on Maryville with the new offense. I believe that region 1 has surpassed region 2 in conference strength. Mo West is the only team in region 2. Region 1 has THS, South, and Elizabethton. Betsy down substantially this year but you know they will be back. Boone is living a fantasy on the shoulders of Skye Hicks. Shut him down, as North did, and they lose big to South tomarrow night. The Mo West realist know that last year was no fluk. Their team has improved (obvious, since they are undefeated). The Vikes, well lets say that these two teams are lot more evenly matched than last year. The Vikings are very good at stopping the run. Not so good at stopping the pass. Since Mo West generally runs the ball that bodes well for Viking D. I dont think our Defense will beat us. Penalties by our offense will. My prediction, Mo West will need to score 28 points to win. If they can do that running the ball on our D, then get the place cleaned up because the Champs form Maryville are coming soon. :D

THS 27

Mo West 14

Edited by nisstek

Now, my 2 cents.

I believe that region 1 has surpassed region 2 in conference strength. Mo West is the only team in region 2. Region 1 has THS, South, and Elizabethton. Betsy down substantially this year but you know they will be back.

Boo to you and your post, but you make some good points. Region 1 was definetly stronger than Region 2 last year, this year things have evened up. Should be interesting to see which regions end up in the third round.

".....My understanding is that MoWest has NO passing game. If this is the case then I feel very good about the game Friday night...."

I disagree. West does have a very good short and long passing game this year and is not shy about going to it. I suppose that no one believes this because the Trojans have been a very effective running team this year and they haven't had to rely on the pass.

Regardless, the time for debate is almost over. Here's to a safe journey for all Viking fans and an injury-free ball game tonight for both ball clubs.

See you on the other side.

Boo to you and your post, but you make some good points. Region 1 was definetly stronger than Region 2 last year, this year things have evened up. Should be interesting to see which regions end up in the third round.

Relating to District 1 and District 2...I believe if they were all put into one conference this would be the order of finish.

1. Mo West

2. S. South

3. Daniel Boone

4. TN High

5. Elizabethon

6. Cherokee

7. Mo East

8.Greenville

9. Johnson County

The rest, I don't know and don't care. My thoughts may change after tonight, but we'll see. I also believe MoWest will win rather handily tonite and S. South will do the same. Then, MoWest will win the Region. Next year, TN High will probably be odds on favorite to win it all. I agree, they do have a good program up there.

It is almost impossible to compare identical opponents. There are too many variables on game night to think that one team is stronger than another based on what or how they played the same team.

That being said, when Morristown West played Cherokee we started our second string quarterback (a sophomore) due to an injury. At half time the score was 24-0 and looked like a blow out was comming, but Cherokee made great adjustments at half time that allowed them to keep the ball for almost all of the third quarter (no score, but they were able to move the ball 3-4 yards a carry).

Our offense got a little cold after their third quarter drive, but was good enough to win the game.

I believe it will be a tough game, but West should come out on top. West should win by at least a touchdown.

Relating to District 1 and District 2...I believe if they were all put into one conference this would be the order of finish.

1. Mo West

2. S. South

3. Daniel Boone

4. TN High

5. Elizabethon

6. Cherokee

7. Mo East

8.Greenville

9. Johnson County

The rest, I don't know and don't care. My thoughts may change after tonight, but we'll see. I also believe MoWest will win rather handily tonite and S. South will do the same. Then, MoWest will win the Region. Next year, TN High will probably be odds on favorite to win it all. I agree, they do have a good program up there.

You may be correct, but IMO, South will be the team to beat for the next several years. They are loaded with young talent. The best is yet to come. Colonial Heights (middle school feeder) is 34-1 over the last 4 years.

Great season Vikings. It was fun to watch you all become team this year. You kept up the fight until the end with the Trojans. Just couldn't stop the big man. I have a feeling we'll be seeing them again next year. Congratulations to Mo West and good luck against the Rebels to the east next week and I look forward to reading the posts concerning your Semi Final game against the Rebels to the west.