Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

When a team is so bad that you get to 35-0 or even 42-0 in the 1st half it is time to pull the starters. Reid had starters in way way past that. The starters are getting nothing from being on the field with what amounts to a freshmen team. Eventually one of his stars will get hurt when he is trying to run the score up. Karma.

He did take them out , were you at that game ? I was and I saw it . He pulled the starters in the 2nd quarter , you MORON !!!!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think this game will be much closer than the 1st meeting. CAK is much improved. Alcoa has also lost local fan support with their tacky run-it-up tactic last evening. Maybe they thought this was the BCS and they'd get extra credit in their next game for total points scored?

How do you bring an Alcoa fan back to reality?

Show him the film of any Maryville-Alcoa game.......

Go Warriors!!!

Any Maryville-Alcoa game???? This year's maybe but if I am correct Alcoa has beaten Maryville more than any other school. So to say ANY game would be incorrect

He did take them out , were you at that game ? I was and I saw it . He pulled the starters in the 2nd quarter , you MORON !!!!

Obviously you are a kid because you are acting immature. Hurling insults is what kids do. Had you read my post carefully you would have noticed that I said Reid had starters in way past the 35-0 mark. That is a fact. The Daily Times lists 11 TDs by starters. Sommer 2, Lanxter 3, Duck 3, Warren 1, Shiverdecker 1, Love 1. 77 points by starters is running it up That is a fact.

I have a question....

Is it true that Alcoa pratices the so called recruiting methods like Anderson County is known for. I work with the cousin of one of Alcoas biggest defensive players ( will not mention his name) and he told me that this kid should be at sweetwater but thru conversations with some key Alcoa people he was convinced to go to Alcoa. and what about the kid from up north Tennessee, what was so glittery that he wanted to come to Alcoa knowing he would not start this year and lastly what about kids on the team living with the coaches. something smells fishy to me and it is not fish.

Sorry, I'm just a guy who thinks sending the right message to young people is a key ingredient to holding the line on civility in society. That simple. Can't and won't support the inverse.

Secondly, I will not be so fore-boast in predicting a cake walk into the State Game for the Rebels, because there is competition at the 4A level in E. TN. Good luck to you, your team and what ever goals you have.

I was also pounded on this thread and elsewhere for not talking about the game, I posted some thoughts and study concerning the CAK vs. Alcoa game, and is there any constructive comments on my thoughts, pro or con?

However, you do "fore-boast" that all roads to the ship lead through Maryville. :rolleyes:

Being a Tennessee committment and being a Tennessee player is two different things.

Alcoa has talent but 2A must be really bad this year. I think they are the best in 2A East, but how good is it really? Good luck to CAK

Nonetheless there is a TN commitment on their team, a Florida State commitment on their team and a Louisville commitment (with more to come). You can't be a player until you have committed. Why would traditional national powerhouses in football recruit these guys if they were not that good??

There are teams in 1A that can beat a 5A team. Just because a school is a higher classification doesn't mean that they are necessarily the best. You ask how good 2A is???? Well it's only speculation. However I do know that in East Tennessee at a small high school (400 students), there are big time college football programs that are visiting players. This includes seniors, juniors, and sophomores.

Huntingdon, Loudon, and Westview are all respectable opponents in any classification. You can't sit there and speculate what would happen b/c it's only speculation.

Alcoa is hitting full stride and has been since McCallie. Im not sure it matters who they face at this point. Oh yeah and next year they will not be as good but they should go real far in 2A again.

Why would Bowden go outside the state of Florida to get a TE???? Warren must be something special and he could be the best all around high school player that has come out of the Knoxville area.

Don't be surprised to see Warren and Lindsey in the NFL one day.

Obviously you are a kid because you are acting immature. Hurling insults is what kids do. Had you read my post carefully you would have noticed that I said Reid had starters in way past the 35-0 mark. That is a fact. The Daily Times lists 11 TDs by starters. Sommer 2, Lanxter 3, Duck 3, Warren 1, Shiverdecker 1, Love 1. 77 points by starters is running it up That is a fact.

Shiverdecker does not start. And 5 of those are defensive TD's

Shiverdecker does not start. And 5 of those are defensive TD's

My bad. I guess that means the starters only scored 70 points rather than 77. But so what if five were defensive TDs? So what if they were all defensive TDs? When a score gets to a certain point in high school football the coach/teacher needs to take starters out. Reid did not take them out when he should have. That is a fact.

Edited by krakatoa

My bad. I guess that means the starters only scored 70 points rather than 77. But so what if five were defensive TDs? So what if they were all defensive TDs? When a score gets to a certain point in high school football the coach/teacher needs to take starters out. Reid did not take them out when he should have. That is a fact.

What a whiner!

You and FBE would make a good couple! :rolleyes:

-BlountCountySportsFan

The starters played 11 offensive plays, ELEVEN. Lindsey had three carries, Chris Shiverdecker had 2 carries, and Joei Fiegler threw 4 passes. Love's not a starter neither is Shiverdecker.