Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

My bad. I guess that means the starters only scored 70 points rather than 77. But so what if five were defensive TDs? So what if they were all defensive TDs? When a score gets to a certain point in high school football the coach/teacher needs to take starters out. Reid did not take them out when he should have. That is a fact.

You seem to be quite the expert when it comes to football. I would be very interested if you could elighten us Alcoa fans with some of YOUR vast knowledge coaching football. I would certainly enjoy hearing it good or bad, Or simply tell us what you do for the community you happen to live in. I hope what ever you come up with would be in a POSITIVE manner..... " But I won't count on it", judging from past comments you have made.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be quite the expert when it comes to football. I would be very interested if you could elighten us Alcoa fans with some of YOUR vast knowledge coaching football. I would certainly enjoy hearing it good or bad, Or simply tell us what you do for the community you happen to live in. I hope what ever you come up with would be in a POSITIVE manner..... " But I won't count on it", judging from past comments you have made.

Who are you? Coach Reid? Coach Reid's son? Coach Reid's brother? If you are either one, I suggest getting a new screen name. But I am pretty sure you are his brother. FYI people talk trash on all these boards and give their opinions. Key word is opinion. Not everybody will have good things to say about your family member.

Edited by krakatoa

Who are you? Coach Reid? Coach Reid's son? Coach Reid's brother? If you are either one, I suggest getting a new screen name. But I am pretty sure you are his brother. FYI people talk trash on all these boards and give their opinions. Key word is opinion. Not everybody will have good things to say about your family member.

So what!!!! Why should I get a new screen name? The opinion some people give is rather GUTLESS wouldn't you agree???? You also avoided my question! I'll answer yours though, I'm his brother and proud of it!!! Again I hope you find the good in others.

So what!!!! Why should I get a new screen name? The opinion some people give is rather GUTLESS wouldn't you agree???? You also avoided my question! I'll answer yours though, I'm his brother and proud of it!!! Again I hope you find the good in others.

Chill out dude. This is a message board. Sorry that I think your brother made a poor choice against GP. I am sure he is a great guy. But I still think he ran up the score. My name is KRAKATOA and I am entitled to an opinion.

Look Krak, This is a CAK/Alcoa thread, no one from Alcoa wants to hear your crap!

I know I,ve read enough of you and FBE's crap.......and I'm sick of it!

You do nothing but whine about anything and everything about Alcoa!

Bottom line..........If you don't have anything good or positive to say.............then SHUT UP!

If you think this board was created to "TALK TRASH" then you are the LAST PERSON that needs to get on there and question Alcoa's coaches about sportsmanship.

-BlountCountySportsFan...........and frequent trouble maker at AJ's Sports Bar!

Look Krak, This is a CAK/Alcoa thread, no one from Alcoa wants to hear your crap!

I know I,ve read enough of you and FBE's crap.......and I'm sick of it!

You do nothing but whine about anything and everything about Alcoa!

Bottom line..........If you don't have anything good or positive to say.............then SHUT UP!

If you think this board was created to "TALK TRASH" then you are the LAST PERSON that needs to get on there and question Alcoa's coaches about sportsmanship.

-BlountCountySportsFan...........and frequent trouble maker at AJ's Sports Bar!

I hope We can cause trouble @ AJ's sometime in the future. Go Alcoa

This whole gutless stuff has gone to far. They are kids, they play their hearts out. I understand that 91-7 does not look good. Alcoa is in a no win situation as far as this board is concerned when it comes to pulling players. If they pull at 35-0 then the starters lose playing time, then all Alcoa critics say that Alcoa's starters will not be ready to play a full 4 quarters in the final game. If we don't pull early as far as the score is concerned then we are accused of running up the score, even if it happens to be the 2nd quarter that they are pulled in. How should pulling starters be judged, by score or time. What score indicates pulling starters. There is no answer to this because you can't please everyone all the time. What if the defense scores 35-0 the offense has not got going, and then you pull the starters even though they have not done the scoring. Too many factors come into play. fact is they are kids and they are well coached. Do you want Reid to ask them to lay down, I know no one does, or at least I would hope not. It is his obligation to his freshmen to call plays and treat them as starters when the play. Why shoul their plays be limited in choice all because the starters got the job done. Let's quit arguing and look at the facts. If you busted your butt all year then in the playoffs when you get to play the second half would you want to be limited to draw plays and dives. There is no set way to decide when to pull players. I am sure the comments will be to the effect of you just know, he could have controlled it. He shortened the quarters and played the JV. Short of asking GP to leave or practicing punting they did alot. I would be more dissapointed in him if I knew that he asked kids not to give there all. Please this is CAK/Alcoa, give the classless junk a rest. Nothing good comes of arguing senselessly. As I read through this I see the same points said 100 different ways by the same and different people.

For the love of the game back off, lest we encourage Alcoa to make an example of CAK and show the state what running up the score really is.

(The last part was in humor in no way do I condone running up the score at CAK so hold back your angry comments. Alcoa has more class than that. It was a joke)

Edited by alcoa11905

i'm a loudon fan and hope we get a second chance to meet up with alcoa next week (assuming we take care of business this week)

on the 91-7 its my understanding Alcoa scored 70pts in the first half and had already called off the dogs / no disrepect to GP but i think you do what ever you can in the first half to get as much of a lead and plenty of momentum for the remainder of the game then motor down if you have to after that point. if you can put 100 points in the board in the first half then you do so

good luck to Alcoa and CAK

and go Redskins of course!