David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

Nutt, i think we will win by more than 7, last game i predicted a 2 score game and i was right but nontheless la will role into the boro the underdogs ONCE AGAIN and role out with a ring and a gold ball. I know the roady crew will be there in full force and with painted chests.

i won't say who i think the difference maker will be till friday so i can think about it and talk to the players during the week.

once again for me bein a senior at la this is the greatest way to close out my time in high school watchin us win a state title. maybe i'll be able to know what it feels like in my sport but that's a little ways off.

keep it goin la

Speaking as a senior myself...I to think it would be an awesome way for us to end our time at LA....and it being the FIRST TIME EVER LA has made it this far...its an honor just being part of something like that...I've been to almost every game...and we better pull this one off..."cuz thats gonna be alotta gas wasted to knox :thumb:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me begin by seying, "I hope I'm wrong." I don't see Livingston being able to beat Lipscmb. Lipscomb will have good size, good speed and good coaching. Not saying Livingston is not a great team, you have to be to make it to the championship game. I just don't believe you've seen the combination of all these factors these year. My prediction: Lipscomb 24 Livingston 12. I threw in some spelling and gramatical errers for Bumsquad.

You must be kidding. Have you seen who LA played? Almost everybody they played (in the playoffs) was probably bigger...faster for sure...and stronger than DL. Several were as well coached. DL has not seen a player like Cates. That young man is special.

LA's defense has been their weak point this year. It hasn't mattered in the playoffs. They've outscored some very very good teams. I expect them to do it again.

Edited by Antwan

Plus their defense has given up what ... a few TDs and a few FGs - in the playoffs? Don't expect them to let down on Livingston.

Just to let you know, "The Wall," (Which is what Notre Dame called their defense) had only given up 69 points the previous 13 games before playing LA and the Wildcats scored 48 points. The defense has never seen a player like Wilson Cates this season as Antwan said above. The only difference this week from the last two weeks, LA whips up on a Church of Christ school rather than the Catholics.

LA - 34

DL - 24

You must be kidding. Have you seen who LA played? Almost everybody they played (in the playoffs) was probably bigger...faster for sure...and stronger than DL. Several were as well coached. DL has not seen a player like Cates. That young man is special.

LA's defense has been their weak point this year. It hasn't mattered in the playoffs. They've outscored some very very good teams. I expect them to do it again.

Dear Naive:

How many Lipscomb games have you seen Antwan? Any film? I doubt it. Stronger? How strong is Lipscomb? How fast is Lipscomb? I haven't seen any times or weight charts. As well coached? How do you know? Coach MacAdams isn't going to be outcoached. I know your thinking, we beat Livingston, it'll make Smith County look good if Livingston wins. It won't happen. As the "Plas" says BOOK IT. Maybe it'll bring Livingston luck. They'll need it.

Sincerely, Not a Lipscomb Fan

Dear Naive:

How many Lipscomb games have you seen Antwan? Any film? I doubt it. Stronger? How strong is Lipscomb? How fast is Lipscomb? I haven't seen any times or weight charts. As well coached? How do you know? Coach MacAdams isn't going to be outcoached. I know your thinking, we beat Livingston, it'll make Smith County look good if Livingston wins. It won't happen. As the "Plas" says BOOK IT. Maybe it'll bring Livingston luck. They'll need it.

Say what you want, but all the Gold in Tennessee football will go to the "EAST" bracket, in 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and 5A. Lipscomb is obviously a good team but they are not good enough to beat LA. I know you THINK they can but in the end they will not be able to contain "Superman" but then again don't feel bad, neither has anyone else. :P LA 36 DL 18

Edited by devilfanatic

Dear Naive:

Not that I have to backup Antwan or anything, because Antwan will deal with your reply when he reads your post. Just to let you know though, I wouldn't doubt what Antwan knows about DL. He is a buff when it comes to digging up information.

Now, what exactly are you wanting to "BOOK?" That DL wins? If so, YOU GOT ACTION!!!!

Now, Mustang fan or not, you must be out of your mind if you think DL is going to roll over this bunch of kids from Overton County. They have seen this kind of program all year. Those "white collar" football programs with an attitude that they are going to beat a bunch of rednecks from the sticks. Well, they are about to get a rude awakening. And their is nothing that the great coach that he is, McAdams can do about it. There is alot of great coaches that have played LA this year that have coached their kids well to get them in the right place to make a play, BUT, they are still going to have to tackle Wilson Cates when they get there, and it is funny to see the coach on the other sideline swallow his tongue when Wilson Cates makes his plays. He wants to yell at his player(s) for not making the tackle, but deep down he is in awww.