ALCOA AA State Champs !

SPLITBACK

FBE,

It is obvious that you do not like Alcoa, but Alcoa has just as many legit D1 prospects as Maryville does. No h/s ball is what collegeball and never will be, not even big, bad 4A like you are making it out to be. Kids have to work hard to adjust to college ball. Maryville and Alcoa are both great teams with great players and hard workers so please, for God's sake grow up and just say congratulations. Oh yeah, Maryville likes to dance and flex in the endzones too. They aint perfect like u may think.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DON'T THINK SO!! MARYVILLE HAS LOTS OF GUYS TO SWAP OUT SO THE GAME WON'T BE TIRING. ALCOA IS A REAL 1-A SIZE SCHOOL AND I THINK IT TAKE GUTS FOR ALCOA TO EVEN PLAY THIS 5-A SIZE SCHOOL. IT JUST MAKES THEM BETTER FOR THE YEAR PLAYING THE OTHER 3A AND 2A SCHOOLS. DON'T YOU JUST GET IT!!ALCOA-MARYVILLE GAME GETS THE TEAM READY FOR THE NEXT 2A CHAMPIONS! THINK ABOUT IT

Trust me IT IS COACHING. I personally know GQ and play golf with him at GMCC. He mentioned to me that if he was at ALCOA he wouldn't care who he played, ANY classification. ALCOA'S talent was that good.

COACHING is what sat them apart. And will continue until changes are made.

Congrats to ALCOA and MHS. GREAT JOB GUYS... :P

FBE,

It is obvious that you do not like Alcoa, but Alcoa has just as many legit D1 prospects as Maryville does. No h/s ball is what collegeball and never will be, not even big, bad 4A like you are making it out to be. Kids have to work hard to adjust to college ball. Maryville and Alcoa are both great teams with great players and hard workers so please, for God's sake grow up and just say congratulations. Oh yeah, Maryville likes to dance and flex in the endzones too. They aint perfect like u may think.

Where in my post did I say something bad about Alcoa or players looking at the next level? You are right college ball is not like HS ball. Presently, I do not think Maryville has any legit D1 prospects in their current positions. Maybe Tucker if he hits the weight room hard.

You saying I do not like Alcoa are not true but I am not trying making a case for you to like my posts. Don't need you to insult me by telling me to grow up. I am well grown and if I see things I do not like I'll say so. You and others may not like some of the things I have posted, but it's the way I see it and last time I checked it was a free board and country. If you want one sided discussion turn on ABC, CBS, NBC or CNN.

By the way I said congratulations the same night Alcoa won, but maybe I confused you by using the words congratz?

Good post and I agree with it 95%. You may have forgotten about Shindicker (SP?) from JC, but I don’t blame the kid or his guardians. People who love their kids are going to do the best they can by them as they know how. The fact that Alcoa is a winning football program only helps. College is expensive and if a kid can get some positive exposure, and can play some, is big enough with better than average athleticism he needs the press to show his wears. Programs that are in the limelight attract kids are sought these days. Alcoa just won two state championships, 3 past 6 that’s exposure and they have enough to run the 2A table next year.

Check the district spending on students, SAT/ACT scores, teacher pay, tax base and you’ll find Alcoa near the top in Tennessee.

That would be Shiverdecker like when you're cold at the Blue Cross Bowl . (You shiver) :thumb::)

Edited by Coalman

Alcoa is one of the most impressive teams I have seen in a while. The amazing thing to me is that MARYVILLE a team that doesnt have the best talent in the world beat these guys 41 -21. WOW !!!! That is a impressive acomplishment if you ask me. I would love to see ALCOA play OAK RIDGE or TROUSDALE. and I think they would win. MARYVILLE = how do they do it every year.

Alcoa wins it almost every year don't they? It's not that big of a suprise! :P:P

• 4 months later...

put it like this...when alcoa has the talent to play 3-4A ball..and they fix the enrollment to play 2 A they should be bumped up

Dude, do your homework before you come on here making accusations. Alcoa is closer to being a 1-A school than a 2-A. There are only around 400 students at AHS, the whole school system only has around 1500. The building won't hold more than 500 students, according the chairman of the school board. To be in 2-A, the enrollment is 399-666. So, unless Alcoa builds a new, bigger high school or TSSAA changes their classifications, you won't see them playing in 3-A unless they choose to.

Now, about being bumped up: Alcoa has never shied away from playing larger schools. For instance, last year: Hopkinsville (would play in 4-A if they were in Tn), McCallie (would play in 4-A if they played with public schools), Fulton (3-A), Maryville (4-A). And, they beat all of those except for Maryville. Alcoa used to play a couple of 5-A schools until they took AHS off of their schedule because "they had to win some ballgames".

I invite you to come to AHS, look around, and then tell me Alcoa fixes their enrollment. :blink:

put it like this...when alcoa has the talent to play 3-4A ball..and they fix the enrollment to play 2 A they should be bumped up

Another brilliant post on your part!!

According to TSSAA:

5A 1358 and up

4A 984 to 1357

3A 667 to 983

2A 399 to 666

1A 398 and under

Alcoa is closer to 1A than 3A and one of the smaller 2A teams in the state, if you had said Maryville you would have been closer to the truth, who with an enrollment of about 1350 is one of the larger 4A teams in the state. :(

Maryville's win over Alcoa was dued to Coach CQ. He is a class act and one of the best coaches in high school football.

From time to time I would agree with you but your are falling into the world of many of the other nay sayers. No question GQ and staff are among the best and getting the kids ready to play but make no mistake, the kids work hard and get it done on the field. Many posters always want to credit the staff with the wins, and they deserve some of the praise----But the kids are the ones in the weight room, practice field sweating and executing the plays.

They beat the poop out of an over hyped Alcoa team last year, me and about 10,000 people saw that. 2A greats maybe, but not up to the task of beating a machine like Maryville with any frequency. This year will be no different.

I wish Maryville would drop the game and play Oak Ridge to get ready for 5A that is soon to come. But the game is a big money draw and money always rules the day.

To the enrollement comment, Alcoa is well in 2A with the numbers Maryville will move up the next time the numbers are counted in 08'.

Edited by FBEmeritus

FBEmeritus

There is no way I want that Alcoa/Maryville game dropped. There would be a riot if that happened. For us lifelong Maryville fans who went to school at Maryville and played ball there nothing is bigger than Alcoa/Maryville. I am sure the Alcoa fans feel the same way.

I don't want the William Blount and Heritage games dropped either. If I could drop some games it would be South Doyle,Clinton or Lenoir City.

I'm not even from Blount County, and I couldn't imagine Maryville and Alcoa not playing, I know it's a big game for both schools, but it's a big game for the entire area too. :thumb: I don't know of one high school football fan in the area whose interest isn't peaked even a little, when these two teams play.

Edited by catback