Bledsoe County needs help

volhead

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not implying that we have 6 division 1 prospects on this team all i am saying is there are at least 6 kids that should be looked at by college scouts (more than likely, div 2 or 3. If you ever have seen a div 2 or 3 game you would say the same about some kids you have watched in seq co. In my eyes you dont have be looked at by U.T. or any of the other big name schools to be a college football prospect that is what i meant. the kid that played DT for S C should be getting looked at but i dont remember his name. :thumb:

We played you folks from Bledsoe this year and unless they were hurt when you played us IT IS NO WAAAAAAAY YOU HAVE 6 PROSPECTS AT ANY LEVEL. Sorry to burst your bubble. :thumb:

It's funny how every daddy's son is a college prospect, when the watch TV they think their kid is just as good as any of them, when they aren't. Those guuys on TV dominated games in HS, they ran the ball for 200 yards a game made 15 tackles and then played the special teams as well.

It takes legit speed to play at the college level, thats not just for the backs, lineman have to be fast and strong.

For example, Simeon Rice of the Tampa Bay Bucs, probably runs a legit 4.5 or faster as a DL, the school I am at don't have a RB that can get close to that.

But you got to love the dreamers.

It's funny how every daddy's son is a college prospect, when the watch TV they think their kid is just as good as any of them, when they aren't. Those guuys on TV dominated games in HS, they ran the ball for 200 yards a game made 15 tackles and then played the special teams as well.

It takes legit speed to play at the college level, thats not just for the backs, lineman have to be fast and strong.

For example, Simeon Rice of the Tampa Bay Bucs, probably runs a legit 4.5 or faster as a DL, the school I am at don't have a RB that can get close to that.

We might not have six in the whole Valley.

i didnt realize that there were scouts posting on this thread. sorry im such a poor judge of talent!It's good to know that we have (EXPERTS) that can sit in the bleachers with mustard on their chin from the 3 hot dogs they choked down and tell me that there is such poor talented kids on these teams. so be it far from any of us from this point foward to give any of these kids any credit, your team or mine!

tell me that there is such poor talented kids on these teams. so be it far from any of us from this point foward to give any of these kids any credit, your team or mine!

I don't think anyone said there was poor talent on the valley teams or Bledsoe County but I can only think of three seniors on "Valley" teams that are college prospects.

Ath/DB - Curt Bureau = Sequatchie County

LB/FB - Van kinsey = Marion County

WR - Antonio Robinson = South Pittsburg

I am not saying those three are the only ones but they are the ones you could watch in a game this past fall and say they could play at the next level at a school like Chattanooga or TN Tech or smaller schools like Carson Newman etc..

Well, that is one way to look at it.

It's like a wheelbarrow, it sits still until someone pushes it!

For those who moved away from the rural county life, best of luck to you and yours.

For those who choose to stay in "home town USA", I leave you with this:

" Stupidity is expecting different results while using the same methods"

Respectfully submitted to provoke thought, not controversy....

Polecat

You said it all,we have not gave up the fight we are still chipping away at this,there have been some conversation with those how have the power to change this and one tried to use intimadation to get this off their shoulders, some are trying to make it a politics thing! But nevertheless it has been, and still is, about the kids they NEED to do whats best for. We have goten off track on this thread and im only gonna talk about this subject from now on.We need support to make a change so get on the phone or talk face to face with those who can make a change,we need to stay after this and WE WILL SEE RESULTS! I will say this again if any of you in other areas were faced with this what would you do? We didnt have a JV team last year,and we had enough kids to play,the overall record is unacceptable,and the overall attitude is at the lowest i have ever seen it! Dont get me wrong i support these kids 110% and i am not trying to cause division amoung anybody,but go out and talk with these players parents,and people in the community and find someone who can honestly say that this coaching staff has done a good job! You will be hard pressed to find that one person!

I don't think anyone said there was poor talent on the valley teams or Bledsoe County but I can only think of three seniors on "Valley" teams that are college prospects.

Ath/DB - Curt Bureau = Sequatchie County

LB/FB - Van kinsey = Marion County

WR - Antonio Robinson = South Pittsburg

I am not saying those three are the only ones but they are the ones you could watch in a game this past fall and say they could play at the next level at a school like Chattanooga or TN Tech or smaller schools like Carson Newman etc..

Two of those are good players but only only has a legit chance of playing.