Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

No way BCHS is beaten by 15-20 pts. by BA. No matter who plays or doesn't. I don't know-I've made my pick and BA may win...but a margin like that this time of year? I don't think so.

FLMS...this crow doesn't taste too good tonite!!! :thumb: Congrats. HOPING YOU GUYS CAN TAKE IT ALL THE WAY IN YOUR DIVISION! You sure palyed it out tonite...no matter what the reason.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What??? No luxury suites! No segregated restroom or concessions

stands for the BA faithfull. How dare they force us to play (or watch)

basketball under such primitive conditions. I guess that I'll have

to stay home and watch the game on our special satellite broadcast

(only available to BA with our special satellite receivers).

Do you seriously think that BA is taking this game lightly :thumb:

Even after the result...the Bolivar Tigers take NO ONE lightly. Ever! That is not what happened tonite. We got beat. It does happen occasionaly to everyoune

But outcoached as referred t earlier???

Nah. No way man. No way. Not tonite or any other night...our crew can saty with the best of them as far as that. Anyone who thinks Rudesill is OUT coached, needs to ask someone. No joke and not being overconfident...just judging by HISTORY! Just brought it up, b/c t had been named earlir in th thread.

Rick wouldn't even like to read this..but it's true.

At least that part was on an even par.

Congratulations to Brentwood. I did not get to see the game as I had intended to, but from everything I am reading shows exactly the opposite as I had predicted, BA brought their A game and Bolivar did not show up.

I will agree with an earlier post that Bolivar looks like a 2-man team, but I am anxious to see why Chism is continuing to have health issues. He is a big guy and certainly outweighs Wright but he is going to have to overcome these injuries.

I am also suprised at Kemp's up and down game. If anything has been consistent in Bolivar's play it has been Kemp. He always seems to put up the points or make that defensive stop when needed, and plainly just gets the job done. I know they will do well come tournament time, but if they do not have all cylinders firing this late in the year and are on a consistent roll, then this journey to the promised land will be much, much more difficult than in years past.

Congratulations again to BA. I predicted otherwise, but you all were the better team tonight.

Did you hear any word on how BA fans were able to handle the bathroom situation ? I know you had expressed concern on a previous post.

The crow was awful to me too. Whats so bad is the fact i've seen BA play, but man I just couldnt go agianst Kemp.

No matter the outcome...for me...can't go against Kemp and Chism. Amazing to me that Bolivar plays all of the high ranked teams, but still some people want to smack us arround if we have a bad night!

We'll see what the training gets us. Yes. I did say training...b/c it can only make the guys stronger---in my opinion.

Gee...do you think it's even possible that Kemp and Chism (and some of the rest) could have had an off night? and I don't want to hear about us and excuses. We lost. Period.

I guess some people expect them to hit it perfect EVERY night! :P

I think Wllie & Wayne are the best duo in the state ,but they have to play whole lot of minutes. In years past the supporting cast was much better at Bolivar Lake, Walker, Becton ,Murrell, & Robinson. I will say this though that the young guys that are playing will continue to carry on a great tradition of quality basketball that has been part of Hardeman county long before the Willie & Wayne Show.

No matter the outcome...for me...can't go against Kemp and Chism. Amazing to me that Bolivar plays all of the high ranked teams, but still some people want to smack us arround if we have a bad night!

We'll see what the training gets us. Yes. I did say training...b/c it can only make the guys stronger---in my opinion.

Gee...do you think it's even possible that Kemp and Chism (and some of the rest) could have had an off night? and I don't want to hear about us and excuses. We lost. Period.

I guess some people expect them to hit it perfect EVERY night! :thumb:

I thought the quotes from both coaches demonstrated why they are both so successful and demonstrate class.

Clearly, BA played a very good game, and Bolivar did not have their best night. It happens. BA lost to two teams also this year, probably neither of which is as good as Bolivar on a good night. Nobody looking at either of these team's schedules would possibly think they would go unbeaten. Frankly, Bolivar's schedule is a bit tougher than BA's, only because...well... they had to play BA twice!

BCHS will do well in the playoffs.

I think Wllie & Wayne are the best duo in the state ,but they have to play whole lot of minutes. In years past the supporting cast was much better at Bolivar Lake, Walker, Becton ,Murrell, & Robinson. I will say this though that the young guys that are playing will continue to carry on a great tradition of quality basketball that has been part of Hardeman county long before the Willie & Wayne Show.

Not dissing Kemp and Chism at all...but you have some good points. Rudesill has been able to contiue to develop very good teams-year after year. Wayne and Willie would be the first to admit this especially after they're through in their final season.

And these two (Chism and Kemp) really do have to play too many minutes in almost every game...if we are going to the Finals-which I believe they will...the supporting cast will have to continue to step up. They'll have to. They've been doing much better as of late...just keep it up/step it up here at crunch time guys! We KNOW you can do it!!!

So get at it!!! :thumb:

Not dissing Kemp and Chism at all...but you have some good points. Rudesill has been able to contiue to develop very good teams-year after year. Wayne and Willie would be the first to admit this especially after they're through in their final season.

And these two (Chism and Kemp) really do have to play too many minutes in almost every game...if we are going to the Finals-which I believe they will...the supporting cast will have to continue to step up. They'll have to. They've been doing much better as of late...just keep it up/step it up here at crunch time guys! We KNOW you can do it!!!

So get at it!!! :thumb:

What u think for state match ups?

It looks like brentwood academy is the best team in the state.They just absolutely destroyd bolivar.Its a good thing that fox sports net didnt televise this game,because this was a mismatch.I think bolivar was ready to play,but they are not ready for brentwood.They missd layup after layup.I actually had some people sittn around me who watchd the whole first half, and they didnt know who was willie and wayne.Bolivar,to be a top team and only have 3pts at the end of the 1st quarter and just 13 pts at halftime.I thought i was watchn a little twister game with all the bricks.Dont think they will play in oman arena again,they cracked the glass.LOL. Joshua bone and brian wright are two underrated ball players.I actually believe that brentwood is a top 10 team in the nation.Would have loved to see them play oak hill academy in the hoopfest.Another mismatch with so.laurel ky.

What u think for state match ups?

Bizzie..I put my feelings in another thread tonite so I won't take up the space now(well I SAID I wouldn't...but end up doing so!)...but if ALL of our guys get they're heads on straight---I mean they've all got the game--just have to think (and all play HARD) on through-as they have/can...they'll be at the state matches for sure.

For some of them...it's not their game, coaching etc. at this point! It's playing to WIN that third trophy and KNOWING they can do it. I mean not going through the motions-heck we all know they're extremely talented-but hard playing as they did 2 years ago! Do ya'll remember that team guys? 2-4 guys just can't do it all-especially with the talent on our team. When it comes to the last BA game...it doesn't matter in the LONG RUN. No excuses-but it doesn't when it comes to achieving that goal! Except for the fact they MUST get their dadgum heads---all of them, the whole team on right---if they are going to accomplish their goal of a 3rd State Champonship. Oh, they can do it...but they MUST play harder and not just in the 4th quarter!!!

(Guys-you know how I feel about all of you-so listen and take no offense here--b/c none is meant). I want it for you. Not even for the school...I want it for the TEAM---you're the ones who play it, and Rudesill and staff coach you, so in the end--it'll belong to you. And what a great accomplishment it can be. Man oh man! And there are so many others who'd love to see you fall on your face!!! You just CAN'T allow that!!! Not this team.

So as I said in the other thread...He** guys, go get it b/c others sure do want it...and will be more than happy to take it...IF YOU LET THEM!!! The ones of you who know me already know how much I want it for you AND your coaches!!!

Bizzie.I guess I DID pretty much restate the other thread-sorry! But to your original question...I have some guesses...but Biz, I'm always afraid to guess at this point! Silly I know. But I want it so badly for this team and the guys I really know, that I'm afraid to even guess! If we get there-and they should-then I'll try to take a shot. For what it's worth anyway.

BTW...for what ever it is worth...I always enjoy your posts! And I apologize for the length here---just have strong feelings about this team...all of them...but you don't get to know many Kemps and Chisms.

However it turns out, I sure amproud of wha this team has accomplished in the last few years. But toheck with that...we need that 3rd Gold Ball guys!

And to those who criticize this post...oh well..wish I could say what I want to...but I'll just say.."go right ahead and have at it".

Edited by firefulmer

It looks like brentwood academy is the best team in the state.They just absolutely destroyd bolivar.Its a good thing that fox sports net didnt televise this game,because this was a mismatch.I think bolivar was ready to play,but they are not ready for brentwood.They missd layup after layup.I actually had some people sittn around me who watchd the whole first half, and they didnt know who was willie and wayne.Bolivar,to be a top team and only have 3pts at the end of the 1st quarter and just 13 pts at halftime.I thought i was watchn a little twister game with all the bricks.Dont think they will play in oman arena again,they cracked the glass.LOL. Joshua bone and brian wright are two underrated ball players.I actually believe that brentwood is a top 10 team in the nation.Would have loved to see them play oak hill academy in the hoopfest.Another mismatch with so.laurel ky.

OK.

BA is Div II.

They pretty much did "destroy BCHS" as you say-which was much-not all of our own doing-still hats off to BA.

You're right about Fox and the TV thing...thank goodness.

Don't agree with the "mismatch". But I guess our guys just can't have a bad night according to some. And it WAS a bad /off night for too many of our guys. But...--it happens.

Who cares if people can distinguish Willie and Wayne? Chip...come on about that at least!

Lots of bricks for sure...our guys also know that. Way too many and way too early.

No one's knocking BA down here has ever said they shouldn't be ranked.

Now...just what have you got against the Tigers? They lost? Even badly? Yeah man. They know. And they're not proud of it at all. But I can assure you of this much-yes I know you prob. don't care...but here goes-

The team AND Coach Rudesill are not the least bit happy with the game, the effort by some or the outcome. People who KNOW this team believe that if our guys are the team we know them to be...they will work even harder to achieve their goal. Especially after that game! They do hate to lose.

To anyone.

If you're a present/past ball player...how would YOU approach preperations for the upcoming tourneys after a whupping like that? Especially with our coaching staff?

Don't count them out yet Chipper.

Like I've said...when the string runs out, it's out. Still-what a run it's been... But don't count on it being out yet.

Just b/c of that game?

I'd like to hear from others who feel that way. And there very well may be some..give you that much...but that don't make it so!

Guys, IF you are reading this stuff.. do you see what some think of you? Even more reason to get that mind right!!! But we're all still behind you. The whole school, te city and at least half of West Tennessee---if not even more. You can count on that. No matter what.

And Chipper...I mean absolutely no offense by this. You said what you thought and I agreed with a lot of what you said. But I don't have to like it! Heck man...I didn't like how the game went down either...but that's the way it goes sometimes. For ALL teams. I bet this team hated it 10 times worse than I did!!!

Firefulmer out.

Edited by firefulmer