District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has got to be a very disappointing season for the Jo Byrns baseball team. You lost a catcher and a pitcher off of a team that was pretty solid last year. If your not disappointed or don't care then you shouldn't consider yourself a baseball player or an athlete. I know their is a player or two that has had a good year, but baseball is still a team sport. For whatever reason, you guys fell for short with the returning talent you had. An athlete has to be dedicated and disciplined, no matter what the circumstances are, to giving your all and winning. I've truly enjoyed following you Seniors that have made a tremendous impact in athletics at Jo Byrns throughout your careers and I wish you the best. As for you underclassmen that will be preparing for football once baseball is over, step back and ask yourself if you have the Desire, Dedication and Discipline that it requires to be an Athlete. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying to you guys. I love you guys. I've followed most of you since you were in Jr. Pro sports and I've enjoyed it. I am saying that when you get to be my age, I want you to be able to look back and say, " I gave it all I had", because once its done there are no second chances and you will have to live with the effort that you gave while you had the chance. I'm telling you this because I am living proof. When I look back, I can't honestly tell myself that I gave 100%. Its not a good feeling. Don't put yourself in my shoes. Start today working to be the best you can at anything you do. Good luck and work hard.

This has got to be a very disappointing season for the Jo Byrns baseball team. You lost a catcher and a pitcher off of a team that was pretty solid last year. If your not disappointed or don't care then you shouldn't consider yourself a baseball player or an athlete. I know their is a player or two that has had a good year, but baseball is still a team sport. For whatever reason, you guys fell for short with the returning talent you had. An athlete has to be dedicated and disciplined, no matter what the circumstances are, to giving your all and winning. I've truly enjoyed following you Seniors that have made a tremendous impact in athletics at Jo Byrns throughout your careers and I wish you the best. As for you underclassmen that will be preparing for football once baseball is over, step back and ask yourself if you have the Desire, Dedication and Discipline that it requires to be an Athlete. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying to you guys. I love you guys. I've followed most of you since you were in Jr. Pro sports and I've enjoyed it. I am saying that when you get to be my age, I want you to be able to look back and say, " I gave it all I had", because once its done there are no second chances and you will have to live with the effort that you gave while you had the chance. I'm telling you this because I am living proof. When I look back, I can't honestly tell myself that I gave 100%. Its not a good feeling. Don't put yourself in my shoes. Start today working to be the best you can at anything you do. Good luck and work hard.

I think it means more when you type a true "give it your all speech" and open up, espcecially when you can hide behind a screen name. I always told my dad to not encourage me personally, but please type something up on a message board to really motivate me. Oh yeah, Cory your team did a tremendous job of coming to play against NCS. I hope some of you guys read these inspirational words because I truly care for you. Come play Camden son.

Edited by Camdenlionpride

Who in our district has the best chance at Forrest and the Region MVP Minor. I know that it's far off but who else would beat him out for it. I'm just curioius what everyone else thinks. I would guess the best hitting team would have the best shot, but that's just my opnion. So I think either NCS or Jo Byrns, because they are the best hitting teams; who also happen to have pretty good pitching staffs.

I hate to say this, but our district has been too faulty at times to even think of having a shot at Minor and the rest of the Forrest team. It's not very often you come across someone who has thrown 4 no hitters in one season and also set the STATE record for K's in a game w/21 while facing 24 hitters. It's just not normal. He's also signed to go to Vanderbilt with other star players in the state such as Caleb Cotham (Mt. Juliet) and Kyler Burke (Ooltewah). All I can say is good luck to whoever has to face Minor and Forrest b/c they are the team to beat in A baseball this year.

i iam wondering if minor will pitch the first game of region or if they will save him for the championship. assuming we mak it there(ncs) i believe the #1 seed from our district might miss him. of course anything can happen any day and we still have to play at least 2 more district games. but say we come in first and they pitch him the first game and we win ours- then maybe forrest is beatable(moreso). WHAT do you guys think and too bad the games got rained out today, definately didnt help us, as we now wont know who we're startin till game time but it might have helped some aces get ready. good luck to everybody tom. assuming we get to play.

Dave we just played horrible. Ok i take that back NCS played so good that it made us look horrible. I've never seen them hit the ball like that till last night and if they get to region and can hit the ball like that then they can beat Minor saying that Forrest doesn't kill the ball also then they have a great chance. Anthony pitched good. We should have had the 1st 3 outs of the game but the 1st guy popped out and we got him, the 2nd guy grounded up the middle, anthony tried to glove it and it redirected the ball and nick couldn't get the ball to 1st in time. If anthony would have left that ball alone then thats the 2nd out then the next ball was a ground ball to 3rd and we made an error. So they ended up scoring 5 in the 1st inning and we would have avoided all that with those 3 outs. If they wouldn't have scored 5 then i think it would have been a totally different game but things didnt' play out like that. So now we got Jo Byrns, hope its a good game. And Houston Co. hit the ball exceptional to last night so they are a good contender. But i hope we do send out best 2 representives to region so we can get a team in state. Hopefully we'll play tomorrow but if not we'll all be there Thursday ready to go. Good luck to all!

This words aren't for motivation. They are the cold hard truth.

Missing Minor may not be that big of a victory if Forrest's #2 pitcher Ben Skelley throws like he has been lately. High 80's to low 90's and not missing too many spots. Good luck over there in yalls district though.

That's the honest truth. But to hear some of these guys talk like they can beat Minor, amazes me. I only think a few, if any, have even seen him on or off a baseball field. To see them judge his abilities before witnessing them is incredible. Hitting good is key but pitching is everything.

Edited by satars12