District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

That's the honest truth. But to hear some of these guys talk like they can beat Minor, amazes me. I only think a few, if any, have even seen him on or off a baseball field. To see them judge his abilities before witnessing them is incredible. Hitting good is key but pitching is everything.

I wouldn't say pitching is everything because if it were Forrest would have went to the State tournament the last two years. Minor has been there and he has always been pretty dominant. The difference in this years team is the total package. They have been averaging almost 12 runs per game and that is with usually playing only 5 inning games! They are 27-4 and Mikie didn't pitch all those games. Their pitching staff of Minor, Skelley, Burkett, Whitley, and Arceneaux has to be one of the best. Their defense has made some good plays and made a few errors. With the pitching we've had it's hard to say how good or bad they are, but I would say they are much better than most of the teams we've faced. Not to take anything away from Mikie because he is the best pitcher to come out of Tennessee in a long time, but if Forrest makes a run at the State title it will have to be a team effort.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Robertson beat Jo Byrns tonight 3-1. Jo Byrns is a great team and as much as i loved beating them i wish that they were still in it. I have respect for every guy on that team. Even though we are real big rivals, i think we all have a mutual respect for each other and both want each other do good in everything they do. Good luck to the Jo Byrns seniors, it isn't going to be the same next year not seeing yall's faces on the field. Even though the season wasn't like yall wanted to be, yall are all still great players and i'll miss you all. Wish the best to Brandon Sneed, Justin Whitaker, Eli Carlisle, Clay Head, Zach Byrns, and Jacob Geezley. Good luck to yall in the future and Distict 10-A want be the same without yall! Parker you pitched a great game tonight, can't say how much you made us work for a run.

East Robertson- 0 0 0 1 0 0 2=3

Jo Byrns- 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 =1

WP-Clinard

LP-Holman

Well aren't we being a little cocky! There is nothing wrong with humility especially when it comes to baseball. It is always better to fly under the radar then to announce your coming down the home stretch! I hope you back up what you say! Oh just remember who these words are coming from! Cocky, Cocky, Cocky..... I guess I should have known and wouldn't expect anything less! :)

hey coach i was reading back on past posts and i came across this one and i guess we did back it up this year! i think there will be better things to come next year like maybe even a state birth with 8 returning starters and a year of experience under everyone's belt...well hope everyone is ready to play Forrest Monday cause even though i know they are bad, i'm still going to go down there adn give my best defensive effort and hitting effort. Alright just thought i would post since noone else does anymore...GOOD LUCK TO NCS MONDAY! Represent us good and maybe we'll see yall Wednesday, you never know what could happen.

That's the honest truth. But to hear some of these guys talk like they can beat Minor, amazes me. I only think a few, if any, have even seen him on or off a baseball field. To see them judge his abilities before witnessing them is incredible. Hitting good is key but pitching is everything.

If Minor can be hit or not has alot to due with the umpire. In the 9A championship game against Cascade the umpire gave Minor about an 8 inch strike zone. Even the scouts that were there commented on how little he was giving Mikie. Cascade got 4 hits I believe and a couple of walks. Cascade is a good team. You can't look past them.

If Minor can be hit or not has alot to due with the umpire. In the 9A championship game against Cascade the umpire gave Minor about an 8 inch strike zone. Even the scouts that were there commented on how little he was giving Mikie. Cascade got 4 hits I believe and a couple of walks. Cascade is a good team. You can't look past them.

When you are as good as Minor apparently is you can expect to have a small strike zone being called. With all the publicity Forrest is getting and Minor has been given the umps are going to make him work for strikes. And from what i can tell he usually earns his wins regardless of what the umps gives him.

Just curious here ...this is the second or third post making reference that someone is looking past Cascade and for the life of me i can't figure out why they think anyone is looking past Cascade. If anyone is looking past the first game played in the region then they are making a huge giant mistake ..no matter who they are playing. Everyone knows that Forrest is loaded with pitching ....that is no secret. I am sure Cascade is a very good team or they wouldn't be in the region ...but make no mistake ...NCS and East Robertson have good teams also. Should be good baseball ....at this point in the playoffs people that are stil lplaying deserve to be there. Good luck to everyone next week.

When you are as good as Minor apparently is you can expect to have a small strike zone being called. With all the publicity Forrest is getting and Minor has been given the umps are going to make him work for strikes. And from what i can tell he usually earns his wins regardless of what the umps gives him.

Just curious here ...this is the second or third post making reference that someone is looking past Cascade and for the life of me i can't figure out why they think anyone is looking past Cascade. If anyone is looking past the first game played in the region then they are making a huge giant mistake ..no matter who they are playing. Everyone knows that Forrest is loaded with pitching ....that is no secret. I am sure Cascade is a very good team or they wouldn't be in the region ...but make no mistake ...NCS and East Robertson have good teams also. Should be good baseball ....at this point in the playoffs people that are stil lplaying deserve to be there. Good luck to everyone next week.

The big difference in Forrest this year isn't pitching. It's the hitting. Forrest is averaging about 12 runs a game. Their district may be light but their non district schedule was no creampuff.

after reading what voldad has said i agree 100% on the fact that people who have made it this far deserve to be here....but taking what he said a little further i dont believe anyone is overlooking anyone especially from the ncs side of things...i mean lets call it how it is...we havent been or had this good of a season in forever...yea last year we went to regions but we had a very little shot in beating goodpasture...this year we are all one year older and more experienced but not to where we are overlooking anyone...i know cascade is a good team....all you have to do is look at how have they have played to tough competition....i also understand that forrest is a good solid team in every aspect....so i believe that both games should be competitive and there shouldnt just be a blow out...but no one is overlooking anyone....

dont give up on district 10A. hopefully ncs will be reppin' for at least a little while longer. bummer bout east but congrats to them on making it as far as they did. i hope everyone is still fired up about the race shaping up in single A. and as far as district pride, i know we're probably gaining some fans each day and pissin others off just the same, but i hhope all you guys posting all year long stay interested in whats goin on. NCS beat Cascade tonight 3-1. we got forrest on wed. i know we will probably save pitching which i have mixed feelings about but im not the coach.

BASEBALL is all that matters right now- i hope we continue to go get em.

Hey man good luck to yall. I think i'm going to come down there if i can get a couple more guys to go with me. We'll be here all the way routing yall on and even though everybody else that has been put out still aint' posting, i'm still routing yall on and hope that yall represent our district well. Good luck tomorrow against Forrest, they are a really good team!