Alcoa

cephus23

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDF,

As much as I hate to admit it, you hit the nail square on top on this one. I have some questions for you. 1. You name - does that mean you love the red devils or you are in hot pursuit of the red devils? 2. How in the world did you know Rankin was VERY interested in Alcoa (give us a hint in your cnnection)? 3. How many coaches can he bring with him, how many will he have on staff, what if anything will he be teaching?

My name doesn't matter. Rankin is a VERY close friend of the family. Not sure if he will be bringing coaches with him or not at this point, as of right now he will not be teaching at all.

Rankin will indeed , be the assistant principal @ AHS. He has no plans at this time of bringing in any coaches. As of now the previous staff is intact , minus Reid of course. There will be a couple of teaching positions open next school year , one of which will be the P.E. / weight training position that John Reid held. Alcoa has two staff members who teach in other school systems but it is not known if they will be offered teaching positions at Alcoa. :thumb:

Rumor is he will be an administrator, assistant principal. RDF, you say Rankin is a friend of the family, does all of your family still live in East Tenn?

We were told last night at the Booster meeting that he will be the assistant principal. If there were any doubts about him being hired, Rankin pretty much blew those away. He answered all of the questions thrown at him the right way. I think most (if not all) of the parents left there feeling really excited about him coming.

We were also told last week that one of the assistant coaches that teaches in a different school system would be coming to work at Alcoa. I don't know if that's a definite, though. Hopefully the other coach will get the weight training job and will stay.

Edited by tornadogold

Rankin will indeed , be the assistant principal @ AHS. He has no plans at this time of bringing in any coaches. As of now the previous staff is intact , minus Reid of course. There will be a couple of teaching positions open next school year , one of which will be the P.E. / weight training position that John Reid held. Alcoa has two staff members who teach in other school systems but it is not known if they will be offered teaching positions at Alcoa. <_<

Coach Rankin on 560 AM stated this morning that their was a possibilty that one assistant coach from Riverdale would go with him to Alcoa. He did not give the name.

RebelRon--

I normally enjoy your commentary on local sports. To say that you believe the only reason Alcoa hired Rankin is to beat Maryville lacks your normal good sense. Rankin was the best coach for the Alcoa job period. I will not say better than GQ because I have respect for the success that he has had at Maryville.

Again, it seems arrogant that you feel that the only concern for Alcoa football is to beat Maryville. I enjoy the game, but would not trade any Championship we have to beat Maryville every year.