Greeneville vs. Hamilton

river271

If all this happen,they still lose by 25. I will see how much defense they play when hamilton double that 46pt. per game avg,when they score 92pts or more on greenville.I dont know what greenville have and havent seen them play,but this is going to be the biggest blowout of all the 3a games and maybe of the tournament.

I keep reading the same thing repeatedly" I don't know what Greeneville has" and "I haven't seen them play"... but you all know what a blowout its gonna be? It would be unwise to bet against a horse you know nothing about. I think it is great to have confidence in your team but if you fail to have respect for a snake it could bite you. I haven't heard a single Greeneville disrespect this talented Hamilton team. We all know what an enormous challenge faces the Devils and are confident in their talent and preparation. I realize Hamilton has yet to lose a game this season, and from the tapes I have seen they have dominated everyone in west TN, but you might also consider they haven't played Greeneville yet.... GO DEVILS!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading the same thing repeatedly" I don't know what Greeneville has" and "I haven't seen them play"... but you all know what a blowout its gonna be? It would be unwise to bet against a horse you know nothing about. I think it is great to have confidence in your team but if you fail to have respect for a snake it could bite you. I haven't heard a single Greeneville disrespect this talented Hamilton team. We all know what an enormous challenge faces the Devils and are confident in their talent and preparation. I realize Hamilton has yet to lose a game this season, and from the tapes I have seen they have ted everyone in west TN, but you might also consider they haven't played Greeneville yet.... GO DEVILS!!!

How can they disrespect somebody when u know and they know that they are going to get blasted.The hamilton people are not disrespecting greenville,they are just keepn it real as to what is going to happen thurs.nite.

Listen, your not from greeneville so i'll forgive you for this. When we played craigmont, both Wiggins and Allen didn't play. Wiggins had just undergone knee surgery and had twisted his ankle, and Allen also had problems with his ankle. I am sure that if we had both Wiggins and Allen then we would have beat Craigmont pretty badly.

you know last time i checked i do believe we beat science hill twice and red bank badly once. Sure they aren't from west tennessee but when we beat red bank they were ranked 3 in the state. When we beat science hill the first time they were 7th. Sure not memphis teams but thats pretty stiff competition if i do say so myself.

[/yeah red bank was ranked 3rd in the state, but hamilton is ranked 6th in the nation and im sure if they are ranked nationally there is a pretty good reason.

How can they disrespect somebody when u know and they know that they are going to get blasted.The hamilton people are not disrespecting greenville,they are just keepn it real as to what is going to happen thurs.nite.

I did not say you were disrespecting Greeneville... I don't think it is very wise to just write them off like they were nothing when you admit you know nothing about them. Ifyou read the posts, The Greeneville fans have a great deal of faith in their teams ability and heart. I have't read any of them say they are going to get blasted. I would say Greeneville has as much chance as anyone else in this tourney of beating Hamilton.... that's why they're here.

Edited by barb

You all have to remember that this is HIGH SCHOOL basketball. Greeneville played Memphis Craigmont and lost 45-53, in December and without the presence of Wiggins. Jackson Central-Merry played Memphis Craigmont a week ago and won 58-63. Jackson Central-Merry played Hamilton two days ago and lost 71-83. You can see that all of these games are close and closely related.

Greeneville is a totally different team than they were in December. Not only has the addition of Wiggins helped but the chemistry of the team has grown tremendously.

To whoever wrote the quoted post above--

I'm trying to save you embarassment. People, stop using Craigmont as a measuring stick to gauge how Greenville will compete with Hamilton. Its pointless. I'm surprised no one has stopped you and mentioned this but, Craigmont was no where near being one of the top boys teams in the city.

They were mediocre at best, but came along at the end thanks to their weak district. Had they been in 16AAA again this year, they probably would not have won a single district game. Losing to one of the weakest city school teams in the city is not a good indication at all--it actually weakens your theory of why your team should win. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Anything can happen and that's why the games are played, but simply state this fact and leave it at that. It makes you guys look dumb and clueless to reference your performance against a mediocre team and use it to analyze your predicted performance against an exceptional team. Its really pitiful and embarrassing and you're making fools of yourselves in the honest opinion of someone who usually just browses on the boys' basketball board. Just thought you should know...(whoever wrote the post I quoted)

To whoever wrote the quoted post above--

I'm trying to save you embarassment. People, stop using Craigmont as a measuring stick to gauge how Greenville will compete with Hamilton. Its pointless. I'm surprised no one has stopped you and mentioned this but, Craigmont was no where near being one of the top boys teams in the city.

They were mediocre at best, but came along at the end thanks to their weak district. Had they been in 16AAA again this year, they probably would not have won a single district game. Losing to one of the weakest city school teams in the city is not a good indication at all--it actually weakens your theory of why your team should win. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Anything can happen and that's why the games are played, but simply state this fact and leave it at that. It makes you guys look dumb and clueless to reference your performance against a mediocre team and use it to analyze your predicted performance against an exceptional team. Its really pitiful and embarrassing and you're making fools of yourselves in the honest opinion of someone who usually just browses on the boys' basketball board. Just thought you should know...(whoever wrote the post I quoted)

Whenever I read one of these"6 degrees of separation" posts I also question the logic. Greeneville had some quality wins against much better teams than Craigmont. However Craigmont is the only west TN team Greeneville has played so it is the only point of reference Devil fans have.If you want to use this type of analogy it would make more sense to anylyze Science Hill's schedule since Greeneville has beaten them twice and they play a much more competitive schedule than Craigmont. I believe this posters point was that the scores of all the mentioned games were fairly close and Greeneville will probably keep it close as well... which is likely.

you know what i have noticed... No one ever comments back about the posts that i have.. You know why.. its because they are always right.. Greeneville will not get blown of the the gym by hamilton and i promise you they won't score a hundred points on us like they did against melrose. Greeneville will not go down easily. I hope you all look over them because like i have said before it will come back to haunt you........ :ph34r:

No one ever comments back because no one cares what you have to say.

I keep reading the same thing repeatedly" I don't know what Greeneville has" and "I haven't seen them play"... but you all know what a blowout its gonna be? It would be unwise to bet against a horse you know nothing about. I think it is great to have confidence in your team but if you fail to have respect for a snake it could bite you. I haven't heard a single Greeneville disrespect this talented Hamilton team. We all know what an enormous challenge faces the Devils and are confident in their talent and preparation. I realize Hamilton has yet to lose a game this season, and from the tapes I have seen they have dominated everyone in west TN, but you might also consider they haven't played Greeneville yet.... GO DEVILS!!!

Yea the only thing is that Hamilton's horse runs about 65 m.p.h. so I'm going with them. And I wouldn't say Greeneville is a snake more of a small lizard.

No what's funny is that you're going to get beat. I don't care how much crap you talk on here I don't care how much crap you talk elsewhere the bottom line is you're going to get beat. Yeah we got stroked by Alcoa, but we weren't the ones talkin about some sort of God sent upset. I don't care what kind of miracles have happened IN THE PAST what matters is the present, and my magic ball says that Greeneville gets beat.

Your magic ball?? Is that the same one that you looked into thinking you were gonna beat CAK in football, or is it the one you thought you were gonna beat Alcoa in basketball??? I am glad you have it all figured out...the way i see it i am just gonna tell coach Duncan to read your posts and he will cancel the trip since your magic ball has it all figured out.