Greeneville vs. Hamilton

river271

I'm going with Hamilton to win this game and then win the whole thing. If you go 34-0 or whatever they are in Memphis that is really saying something. Nothing against Greenville, Siegel or RE who are the teams I think they will play. What grade is Wiggins in. I follow recruiting very closely and I haven't really seen anything about him. Of course seens he is an underclassman his name just might not be out there yet. Just looking for some info on him.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all have to remember that this is HIGH SCHOOL basketball. Greeneville played Memphis Craigmont and lost 45-53, in December and without the presence of Wiggins. Jackson Central-Merry played Memphis Craigmont a week ago and won 58-63. Jackson Central-Merry played Hamilton two days ago and lost 71-83. You can see that all of these games are close and closely related.

Greeneville is a totally different team than they were in December. Not only has the addition of Wiggins helped but the chemistry of the team has grown tremendously.

Sycamore abeat JCM by 10 and then lost to Bolivar by 30. Bolivar lost to Hamilton by 1. There is no logic in comparing games like that. This not a good matchup for Greeneville. Hamilton wins by 15.

I'm going with Hamilton to win this game and then win the whole thing. If you go 34-0 or whatever they are in Memphis that is really saying something. Nothing against Greenville, Siegel or RE who are the teams I think they will play. What grade is Wiggins in. I follow recruiting very closely and I haven't really seen anything about him. Of course seens he is an underclassman his name just might not be out there yet. Just looking for some info on him.

Wiggins is a 6'7" Junior transfer from the State of North Carolina. He can play anywhere on the floor, plays great defense and has a solid 3 point shot as well as a good mid-range game. He's also a good kid.

Several SEC schools and ACC schools have shown interest in Wiggins not to mention a variety of mid-majors.

The knock on Wiggins has been his slight frame - he's sort of built like Tashaun Prince. But, he more than held his own against Powell's 6'7", 255 lb. monster named Lee Smith who has signed to play a little pigskin next year on the Hill in Knoxville. Wiggins + 20 to 25 lbs. = top flight D1 prospect.

Wiggins will evidently play AAU ball with the Travelers this summer - so I have heard. If he has a good showing against Hamilton, he'll quickly become a name outside of East Tennessee.

I will go with Hamilton by about 10 to 15 because of the depth and athleticism. It seems like every year a team from the tri-city area makes it to the boro with an impressive record and all hyped up by the fans but they end up looking very average. I remember the Greeneville team from about 3 years ago who got beat by Bradley in the first round. They were a very scrappy and strong team, just didn't have many athletes. I was wondering how this year's team compares to that team? Another thing....Why does Siegel think they have such a better chance of beating Hamilton than Greeneville does??

I will go with Hamilton by about 10 to 15 because of the depth and athleticism. It seems like every year a team from the tri-city area makes it to the boro with an impressive record and all hyped up by the fans but they end up looking very average. I remember the Greeneville team from about 3 years ago who got beat by Bradley in the first round. They were a very scrappy and strong team, just didn't have many athletes. I was wondering how this year's team compares to that team? Another thing....Why does Siegel think they have such a better chance of beating Hamilton than Greeneville does??

Your are correct, the Greeneville team from a few years ago didn't have many "athletes" - they had a couple of big guys who were tall but slow (ex. Matt Malone who played at UTC for a year or 2) and a couple of other solid players. This G'ville team would run circles around the team from a few years ago that got blasted by Bradley. Not to take anything away from that team, but there is no comparison between the overall athleticism of this year's team vs. the team from several years ago. Also, didn't Bradley pound Hamilton in the semi's that same year ?

Greeneville fans love the heart and athleticism of this team but I think everyone realizes the tremendous challenge Greeneville will face next Thursday. Plus, the Devils are just a good group of kids - no trash talking, no bickering, etc. They just play ball and have fun doing it.

By the rules of the TSSAA the state tourny must play eight minute quarters not three. If Greeneville thinks they have a snowball's chance in heck of winning the game then somebody has been smoking something, and I'm not talkin Marlboros. Hamilton's flippin point guard is as big as Wiggins and the posts are bigger. I'm talkin turn around in the paint and hammer it over whoever is in the way and laugh about it on the way back down the floor. The flippin point guard can hammer it WITH AUTHORITY. Then after the dunk they're gonna shoot the lights out. I counted over 15 threes hit in the game with Mitchell.They're ranked #6 in the nation for a reason. I hope you guys don't have week long reservations cause you guys are comin home early.

Longhorn its funny your talking trash considering you go to South Greene, what was your score down at alcoa monday night??? I can promise you we wont get beat that bad and by the way anything can happen on any night 1980 US hockey team vs. The Soviet Union...NOVA over Pat Ewing and UNDEFEATED Georgetown...Florida women beating Lady Vols in Knoxville, first time ever losing to an unranked team in Tompson Bowling history...And at least we are in the BORO

Longhorn its funny your talking trash considering you go to South Greene, what was your score down at alcoa monday night??? I can promise you we wont get beat that bad and by the way anything can happen on any night 1980 US hockey team vs. The Soviet Union...NOVA over Pat Ewing and UNDEFEATED Georgetown...Florida women beating Lady Vols in Knoxville, first time ever losing to an unranked team in Tompson Bowling history...And at least we are in the BORO

YES ! It is all a matter of getting the mind set.