Greeneville vs. Hamilton

river271

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would rather see Hamilton win that way Siegel can play them and we can prove that Hamilton is all hype and that they are not the best team in the state sure theyve had a great season but all great things come to an end

Obviously, if Hamilton loses to Greeneville they would no longer be considered the best team in the state and there would be no reason for them to play siegel to prove your point.

Hamilton

Halftime score:

Hamilon - 39

Greenville - 37

By the rules of the TSSAA the state tourny must play eight minute quarters not three. If Greeneville thinks they have a snowball's chance in heck of winning the game then somebody has been smoking something, and I'm not talkin Marlboros. Hamilton's flippin point guard is as big as Wiggins and the posts are bigger. I'm talkin turn around in the paint and hammer it over whoever is in the way and laugh about it on the way back down the floor. The flippin point guard can hammer it WITH AUTHORITY. Then after the dunk they're gonna shoot the lights out. I counted over 15 threes hit in the game with Mitchell.They're ranked #6 in the nation for a reason. I hope you guys don't have week long reservations cause you guys are comin home early.

By the rules of the TSSAA the state tourny must play eight minute quarters not three. If Greeneville thinks they have a snowball's chance in heck of winning the game then somebody has been smoking something, and I'm not talkin Marlboros. Hamilton's flippin point guard is as big as Wiggins and the posts are bigger. I'm talkin turn around in the paint and hammer it over whoever is in the way and laugh about it on the way back down the floor. The flippin point guard can hammer it WITH AUTHORITY. Then after the dunk they're gonna shoot the lights out. I counted over 15 threes hit in the game with Mitchell.They're ranked #6 in the nation for a reason. I hope you guys don't have week long reservations cause you guys are comin home early.

I just talked to Coach Duncan and he stated that he was cancelling the trip to the Boro because of your post. He didn't realize, until after hearing about your post, that Hamilton was that good. Good luck to Hamilton in the semi's - they'll be well rested.

Hamilton - 82

Greenville - 60

Halftime score:

Hamilon - 39

Greenville - 37

Your post says a lot without saying a lot. My concern is that G'ville will be able to hang around in the first half but be too tired to hang around in the second half. They say (whoever they is) that Hamilton plays 14 players and we know G'ville plays 7 players and 8 at the most.

Coach Duncan will have the troops prepared and each player will leave it all on the floor. No doubt about it.

Remember that Buster Douglas beat an unbeatable Mike Tyson many years ago; the USA beat the unbeatable Soviets in the semi's of the Olympics in 1980; Villinova beat an unbeatable Georgetown team led by Patrick Ewing in the 80s; and NC State beat an unbeatable Houston in the early 80s. Heck, Spud Webb even won the NBA slam dunk contest in the mid 80s against an unbeatable field.

I certainly don't think you are talking trash. This will be sort of like David vs. Goliath. No doubt about it. Hamilton has one of the top teams in the country.

Also, G'ville has a couple of "role" players who come of the bench but only expect G'ville to play 7 players at the most. Maybe 8. G'ville's team is in overall superb condition but it will be tough to hang with rotations of 4 and 5 players.

Coach Duncan is a great coach and he'll have G'ville as ready as they can be. You never know.

Its more like David and Goliath's whole flippin family.

Listen say what you want. Greeneville can and will hang with them. They might even win if they are on cause there is no team that can shoot with them if they are on. As for size, i do believe we have shut down every team that had size with your defense we have. Thats right we actually play defense unlike any teams you have played so far. Don't expect to put up a hundred against us like you normally do because it won't happen. Greeneville will surprise you.

Listen say what you want. Greeneville can and will hang with them. They might even win if they are on cause there is no team that can shoot with them if they are on. As for size, i do believe we have shut down every team that had size with your defense we have. Thats right we actually play defense unlike any teams you have played so far. Don't expect to put up a hundred against us like you normally do because it won't happen. Greeneville will surprise you.

The heat gets turned way up for the Greene Devils, I wish them the best but having been to over 25 state tournaments I'm afraid they could get overwhelmed. However lots of great teams seem to struggle in the first round so if you have to beat them that is the best time to play them. Remember Unaka won the class A a few years ago with gutsy play and a lot of heart. IT CAN HAPPEN, that's why they play the game.

To my knowledge, when Greeneville played Craigmont, two of Craigmont's top players were not eligible until January, Street and McCulley, who are 6'8 and 6'5...

I'm sure Greeneville is a very good team: they wouldn't be here if they weren't...but...

Hamilton is tough

Everyone knows about 6'8 Williams and 6'8 Watkins, the two senior D-1 signees. But Hamilton also has High Major Junior prospect 6'5 Devyan Hunter, and a pair of D-1 guards in Myron Strong and Broderick Gilchrist. Hamilton can also bring 6'5 Sr Wing paul Hagler off the bench, along with diminutive sparkplug G Pete McIntyre. This team has size, guard play, outside shooting, and athleticism...

Hamilton will be too much for Greeneville, though I am looking forward to seeing Wiggens...

To my knowledge, when Greeneville played Craigmont, two of Craigmont's top players were not eligible until January, Street and McCulley, who are 6'8 and 6'5...

I'm sure Greeneville is a very good team: they wouldn't be here if they weren't...but...

Hamilton is tough

Everyone knows about 6'8 Williams and 6'8 Watkins, the two senior D-1 signees. But Hamilton also has High Major Junior prospect 6'5 Devyan Hunter, and a pair of D-1 guards in Myron Strong and Broderick Gilchrist. Hamilton can also bring 6'5 Sr Wing paul Hagler off the bench, along with diminutive sparkplug G Pete McIntyre. This team has size, guard play, outside shooting, and athleticism...

Hamilton will be too much for Greeneville, though I am looking forward to seeing Wiggens...

Everyone knows about their division 1 prospects, but the best player on the court isn't going to be playing for Hamilton, he will be playing for Greeneville. Antwaine Wiggins will go to a D-1 school most likely in the ACC, which puts colorado or San Fran to sham. Im anxious to see how he does against some real competition because it is possible he will put on a show. The Devils might not win but i promise people will remember who he is.

Everyone knows about their division 1 prospects, but the best player on the court isn't going to be playing for Hamilton, he will be playing for Greeneville. Antwaine Wiggins will go to a D-1 school most likely in the ACC, which puts colorado or San Fran to sham. Im anxious to see how he does against some real competition because it is possible he will put on a show. The Devils might not win but i promise people will remember who he is.

I agree. Wiggins can play with any of those boys from hamilton. I have never seen them play but i know he is as good if not better than any of them. If he was a senior then we could compare colleges that he will go to but at the pace he is going right now those schools would be lucky to get someone like him. I look for him to drop thirty against hamilton because big time players shine in big time games. You will remember this greeneville team for a long time because they will surprise you against hamilton.