Liberty/McMinn Central

jndfan

Liberty had a big win over Haywood today, and Central pulled a win out against Alcoa. I know McMinn is solid and they currently hold the #1 ranking in AA, but does anyone think they are truly better than Liberty? Should be a pretty good game, and its hard to pick against a team that is 35-1, but I just don't think that McMinn has faced a team as athletic as Liberty. Also, looking at the schedules, Liberty has played the Bolivars and the Haywoods; whereas, McMinn hasn't faced the stiffest competition. I was suprised how Liberty struggled early on, and how Brandon Evans struggled with his shot as well, but their bench came up big. Alcoa and Central traded blows and went back and forth throughout the game---Beau Brown is a very solid player for MC as well. There will be a lot riding on this game and it could be very interesting, but in the end I believe that Liberty meets Mitchell in the finals.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knocking Liberty or Haywood but I wasn't really impressed with either team today...course on the other hand, Central didn't play up to par either...I believe both teams will play better tomorrow, however, the keys for Central:

1. Limit turnovers...there were way too many today...

2. Don't settle for a shot...it appeared they settled today a lil bit...

3. HIT YOUR FREE THROWS...you were under 50% as a team I believe...

4. Take advantage of second chance shots...you did a pretty good job today but you must do even better tomorrow...

5. Dictate the tempo...frustrate Liberty...

6. If the 3's aren't falling, don't panic...you all had success inside today on one of the bigger men in your bracket...

I attended McMinn Central 4 years ago, we are a basketball school, and usually have at least 1 of our teams in the state tournament every year. our girls are usually the standouts, but Beau Brown has brought something new to our boys team. they have what it takes to go to the championship, if not win it. but ill agree with you on the fact that if they play like they did against Alcoa, they will lose. and lose bad. under 50 % at the free throw line, under 10% behind the arc. yet this game also showed you how strong of a team they are. they play hard, and despite having one of his worse games this year shooting, Beau still put up 20 and 12. i think they need a wakeup call, or they will be heading home early once again.

I think this WAS a wakeup call...Coach A will have them ready for tomorrow...GO BLUE!!!

As I have stated before Beau Brown needs to get closer to the 3 point line to shoot his 3's. His NBA range 3's aren't doing it as he went I believe 0-8 on 3's today. I attended the Mitchell and Bolivar game last night and wasn't really impressed with either teams play. Willie Kemp was 1-8 on 3's in the first half I do believe. Which lead to the Bolivar not playing good at all. I wanted to see more from both teams, but I guess I was too hyped up with all the D-1 signees between both teams. Thaddeus only had 18 or 20 points on the night, but surely he will turn it on against Goodpasture. I believe Central has a good chance on winning tommorrow if Beau hits his shots from the perimeter. He was very good today when he drove inside. Liberty played decent today, but not up to their par. First round jitters usually shock all teams. We will just have to wait and see on this game. The foul calling in all of the games so far is just pittiful! When someone takes a shot and gets knocked to the floor and they don't call a foul, and then the refs comeback and call a wimpy little reach in! This has happened in all the games so far! I believe in letting them play, but in some of the games it has gotten out of hand. Good luck to all teams in the Semis

Liberty wins this game big.Mcminn want be able to put up with libertys full court pressure so i see liberty putting up about 100 pts.

I hope you're kidding. I don't really see any of the four AA teams left putting up 100 on one another. Central beat Alcoa in a bad game for them. Alcoa beat Austin East in the regionals, and Liberty beat A-E by 2 during the regular season. I think Liberty may have trouble if Central decides to play defense, otherwise it'll be a shootout. Go Chargers, chop them down one tree at a time!

I imagine with Liberty being in only it's 3rd or 4th year of existance was a little nervous at first....Make no mistake Haywood is good,real good.....But,I think the winner of last nights Bolivar-Mitchell will win the state...So,I would predict Mitchell....I'll be pulling for Liberty because Union City and Liberty have played 4 times the last three or four years.....

Go Crusaders!!!!!

Edited by backinthaoc

I hope you're kidding. I don't really see any of the four AA teams left putting up 100 on one another. Central beat Alcoa in a bad game for them. Alcoa beat Austin East in the regionals, and Liberty beat A-E by 2 during the regular season. I think Liberty may have trouble if Central decides to play defense, otherwise it'll be a shootout. Go Chargers, chop them down one tree at a time!

Haha man..........don't bring up that Austin East game, Liberty didn't play well at all.........and I can assure you that Alcoa is nowhere near the caliber of team that Haywood is. Central will have to play a greeaaat game to beat Liberty. Central will see just how deep and athletic Liberty is tomorrow night. I don't expect a blowout, but I think Liberty SHOULD win fairly comfortably....key word SHOULD, but believe me, I know that Central is a dangerous team and nobody can be overlooked in a state tournament. Judging by the AP polls, McMinn is supposed to win this one.

Haha man..........don't bring up that Austin East game, Liberty didn't play well at all.........and I can assure you that Alcoa is nowhere near the caliber of team that Haywood is. Central will have to play a greeaaat game to beat Liberty. Central will see just how deep and athletic Liberty is tomorrow night. I don't expect a blowout, but I think Liberty SHOULD win fairly comfortably....key word SHOULD, but believe me, I know that Central is a dangerous team and nobody can be overlooked in a state tournament. Judging by the AP polls, McMinn is supposed to win this one.

I agree. Go Liberty.