An Oldie But Goodie: Stupid Announcer Tricks in McMinnville

DelTavian

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

footballfanatic: that was a rather brash statement that you mad! How do you know that everything Del said about the Boyd announcer is right? I have just one question for you: Have you been to a game at Boyd? If not, then I rest my case. I think NO ONE is qualified to criticize Boyd on hearsay evidence. Isn't this America?

Del,

On behalf of the Academy of Recording Arts

and Sciences I hereby certify this thread GOLD.

100 entries and growing by the hour. The statue

and the gold-plated mouse pad are in the mail.

Keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to read

your well written and humorous opinion pieces.

I'll be back in touch for the PLATINUM ceremony

sometime next week.

Regards,

I'm truly honored for such an award. I'd say I was speechless but we all know that insn't possible.....

I'd like to thank so many many people. I'd like to thank my wife...(aka- Chilz) for putting up with the countless ballgames I've gone to, the occasional death threats I receive by mail and phone due someone not handling the truth I write on CoachT or other places, the annual reunions of my Army unit in order that we can stay combat ready on many levels, my desire to collect shot glasses and ___ ____ bottles, my constant whining for a bass boat, my endless hours on the computer to promote Grundy's athletes and the various noises and smells that I omit from time to time.

I'd like to thank my son who is my #1 inspiriation for everything and the best fishing buddy I could ever wish for.

I'd like to thank my mom for teaching me to be outspoken and stand up for what I believe in.

I'd like to thank my step-daughter pitcher for helping me keep a sense of humor about softball so it doesn't drive me completely insane.

I'd like to thank my little league coach who never screamed at me like any of the games were life and death. Of course the fact that he didn't is the reason I'm not in the major leagues today. Or maybe it's because I was terrible at baseball, have short legs and am as slow as Christmas.

I'd like to thank the other internet site/message board that taught me "How to play the Game!" on the web long ago. I'd tell you what site it is but many there would kill me if _some_ of the people here showed up there. However, some of you would do well there.

I'd like to thank the folks in Shelbyville for talking about a certain subject a couple of years ago that brought me to CoachT in the first place.

I'd like to thank CoachT himself for having the best sense of humor of all to put up with the nonsense that ends up on the boards far too often.

I'd like to thank Ric Flair and the 4 Horsemen for teaching me how to say "Whoooooo!" while holding up four fingers.

I'd like to thank my drill seargents in the Army for teaching me hand to hand combat, and how to use various weapons in the event that everyone on CoachT turns on me like the Horsemen turned on Sting.

I'd like to thank the Army for teaching me that nothing in life could be as bad as being in the Army, and that everyone in civilian life that complains doesn't really know how good they've got it.

I'd like to thank inventor of those little umbrellas you get in some drinks, because I hate it when it rains in my drink.

I'd like to thank Bruce Baird for creating the phrase "Del Tavian" which has been used in many forms and many ways.

And last but not least I'd like to thank the folks in Smith County for being this month's king of FanAds.

Del (who has to write something else now before NYPD Blue comes on.)

[Edited by DelTavian on 4/30/02 8:20P]

theflash,

footballfanatic knows everything I said is the undisputed truth because of you. You, yourself, said I made the greatest statement in the history of CoachT in another thread.

See, if you hadn't done that I wouldn't have all these blind followers (looks around and thinks....yup, the blind leading the blind.)

Del (who really needs to quit playing and write the serious stuff for a while.)

Del, I accept your congratulations for making you what you are! Will I be able to share in any of the royalties from your endeavors? I continue to stand behind my praise of you in regard to your classic statement about umps. That statement ranks right up there with statements made by Yogi Berra. It is a statement that, like you yourself, will never be forgotten. Del, I have only one request in return for all this praise I am heaping upon you. I already have the Boyd Christian announcer's autograph. Would it be possible to get your autograph and put the two together in some kind of elaborate frame for the future world to view?

You got it brother. I'll be glad to autograph an eggroll/cheese stick/chickenfinger tray from the Lady Jackets Booster Club Concession Stand after you come eat at our last home game tomorrow. But if you want me to mail it you better send your mailing address via secret messanger since the only people who can get more hate mail than me are umpires. Of course almost none of them deserve it but you just can't make the fans see it that way.

Del (who just saw Grundy County's Teri Winton hit her first homerun at Tennessee Wesleyan in the opening round of the conference tournament. She autographed the ball and gave it to me.)

Del, sorry i couldn't make it to the game out there on the mountain, but i had to be in Huntland where the Huntland pitcher tossed a no-hitter, but lost 4-0. Four unearned runs given up in the 7th inning. That Huntland pitcher is a really good pitcher. I'm still hoping to get your autograph to frame with the Boyd announcer's. Maybe i can get them placed in the Smithsonian, with his name being smith and all.

Del, I just had what I thing you will agree is a brilliant idea! Let's invite the Boyd announcers to put a few posts on here in defense of what they do. I'm sure you will agree, being a veteran and all, that we all have the right to be heard no matter how outlandish one might think their defense is. I let you do the honors. See if you can get them on here. His name is Steve Smith.