Middle TN Umpires

hardhitn

Central TN Baseball Umpires Association and yeah Binns is our illustrious leader. I feel that our association has some of the best umpires in the state. As matter of fact I think I'm the best umpire in the state that is missing the season due to a torn ACL. :thumb:

For those that know who I am, yes, not getting to umpire is killing me!!! Surgery is scheduled for May 5.

Jody 72...you will probably know who I am later on..I work baseball with you many times and will again soon I hope..I too think that our asociation and the boys from the mountian do their best to do it as well as can be done..I know for a fact that nobody tries harder, even if we do have Binns for our mentor..Just kidding Binns. I believe we have a good reputation with all the coaches in our districts we work and in all the counties we go to...Of course everyone makes a mistake now and then but we are human..We had one of our best move way up north to Kentucky but he will be back for some summer ball I hope..

Binns and Jody Hargis know that if they send someone who is not up to the task that the kids will suffer the most and they would not have that happen..I am happy to tell anyone who asks that I am with the tullahoma assoc. because I know we are some of the best around or at least try to be..I will have to ask your and my buddy down the road @ Motlow if you are the best and get back to you on that..HA HA.. anyway, I didnt know you were having knee problems but I hope all goes well..will call you in a few days.. M.H.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cub, didn't realize you didn't know about the knee. I should have called you, sorry about that. Our buddy in Kentucky is coming back this summer, at least he was the last time I talked to him. I'll be home during May recouping from surgery, gotta let mom take care of me. :ph34r: Im hoping to get to some games and see everyone.

Riddler, we handle most of 11A (Moore Co., Huntland, etc.), 8AAA except for Columbia and Lawrence Co, and then Warren Co. Also provide for the middle schools.

Cub, didn't realize you didn't know about the knee. I should have called you, sorry about that. Our buddy in Kentucky is coming back this summer, at least he was the last time I talked to him. I'll be home during May recouping from surgery, gotta let mom take care of me. :ph34r: Im hoping to get to some games and see everyone.

Riddler, we handle most of 11A (Moore Co., Huntland, etc.), 8AAA except for Columbia and Lawrence Co, and then Warren Co. Also provide for the middle schools.

;) Hey thanks Jody////Again you guys do a great job!

God Bless

Every year I see this happen at least once. Happened again this year in the Warrior Classic:

bases loaded.

two outs.

3-2 count.

Runners going on the pitch...

Ball four

A fan (in this case, fans, yells...)

TAG HIM!! Hey ump! He is out!!!!

Who is out? The runner running to the plate of course...

A couple of years ago one mom yelled during every inning for about 3 or 4

of them how her team would be winning if the umpire had got that call right..

Finally, around the 6th inning or so, the umpire, between innings,

called the lady over at the backstop and, in a very nice and gentle way, explained

the play to her and the rule... She didn't yell at him anymore...

Our umpires in the Boro, though not perfect, work at being good umpires. That is refreshing to see. Their are some that are only interested in the check and it is obvious when they work. The only umpire I have a problem with in the Boro is the mod\umpire who uses the seeing eye dog to help him. His dog is getting old and has lost the ability to call the breaking ball. (Just a joke rivedaleman)

Every year I see this happen at least once. Happened again this year in the Warrior Classic:

bases loaded.

two outs.

3-2 count.

Runners going on the pitch...

Ball four

A fan (in this case, fans, yells...)

TAG HIM!! Hey ump! He is out!!!!

Who is out? The runner running to the plate of course...

A couple of years ago one mom yelled during every inning for about 3 or 4

of them how her team would be winning if the umpire had got that call right..

Finally, around the 6th inning or so, the umpire, between innings,

called the lady over at the backstop and, in a very nice and gentle way, explained

the play to her and the rule... She didn't yell at him anymore...

I would hope that the ump would not have to explain something like that to a fan...maybe someone else who actually had a clue could tell her..

Like I have mentioned in earlier posts here and on other threads, everybody in the stands is an umpire. Some people should either stay at home or realize when to stay quiet...Sometimes people will continue to keep mouthing until it gets to be like a virus...the bad habit just keeps on spreading thru the stands and then everybody is acting crazy..the players do not need that.

Our umpires in the Boro, though not perfect, work at being good umpires. That is refreshing to see. Their are some that are only interested in the check and it is obvious when they work. The only umpire I have a problem with in the Boro is the mod\umpire who uses the seeing eye dog to help him. His dog is getting old and has lost the ability to call the breaking ball. (Just a joke rivedaleman)

too funny!!! reminds me of a joke that I saw on heckle depot.....HEY UMP!!! IF YOUR SEEING EYE DOG BARKS TWICE...ITS A STRIKE!!!!!

Well back to the topic I think that two of the best umpires in Middle TN are John Lashley and Rick Eaton. Sorry, if the names are spelled wrong but if you've ever had them you'll know who Im talking about. Very profesional and do a great job.

Professional that is first and foremost what makes a good umpire.

Umpires take five minutes before each game which you are making 55$ a pop and clean your shoes and equipment. LOOK professional... And Just call strikes strikes and balls balls....The best umpires are the ones that go unnoticed./..

Are you going to be ready by football? Someone will have to keep your white cap in line. :thumb: I guess this ends your Spring Fling streak. Sorry to hear that.

Central TN Baseball Umpires Association and yeah Binns is our illustrious leader. I feel that our association has some of the best umpires in the state. As matter of fact I think I'm the best umpire in the state that is missing the season due to a torn ACL. :unsure:

For those that know who I am, yes, not getting to umpire is killing me!!! Surgery is scheduled for May 5.

:):) I wished i knew who you were LOL i would get you back for that one.

Now that i know who you are will be getting you back for that one.

Edited by riverdaleman