GVILLE AND CTOWN

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did know that and you guys have done great the last few years. I mainly wrote that to prove a point. Someone said that the rivalry wasn't very intense from the Carthage side, Carthage doesn't consider it a rivalry, yada yada yak yak.............but as soon as someone from Gordonsville mentions ANYTHING about Carthage and the whole gang jumps in with both feet. So I don't think the intensity is gone at all from the Carthage side. You want to win and you expect to win against Gordonsville.............but face it, you're worried about Gordonsville every year until the game is over and done.

Another thing though about Medley..........he normally doesn't coach unless he has talent. There must be some coming up or he wouldn't be helping. Just a thought to consider.

Nope...not worried. It is just another game. SC does not think the Kittes can win. Who can argue with that? It has not been close since Maynord has been here. It won't be this year either.

Hey Legion, you BIG TIME gum popper........Ask Jonathon Bush how many times he beat Smtih County in 16 attempts!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Ask Mark Wood or David Mixon how many times they lost to Carthage in their career at GHS?

My point remains the same.............the intensity is still there!

Ask Mark Wood or David Mixon how many times they lost to Carthage in their career at GHS?

My point remains the same.............the intensity is still there!

I think it's 56-18-2 in favor of SC. SC has won the last 7. The addition of the Catholic game as SC's 1st game has taken a little more luster out of the series. SC expects to win. It is a very big game for G-ville because of the gate. It is...by far...the biggest gate of the year for them. For SC...it is not. SC could easily get a bigger gate game to replace G-ville. I don' think G-ville could do that. SC's gate is a little worse than it was in the 3a years.

Hey I'd rather have 21 yr. old, rusty, dusty balls than no balls at all!!! haha

I may be different from a lot of Gordonsville fans in the fact that I don't totally despise Carthage HS. Most wish it would fall into the Cumberland River. I hope you guys go 9-1 every year. I think Maynord had done a great job over there. The only area that voted for consolidation was the Pleasant Shade area...............everywhere else was against it. A very dumb mistake in my opinion. Last thing...........Gordonsville will beat Carthage again.

Where is Carthage High School? I've lived here my whole life and never seen Carthage High School. You people don't even know the name of the school. How can you talk about a rivaly when you don't know who your talking about? Your ashamed to call it Smith County High School because --- your from Smith County!!! Gordonsville Alumni was afraid there kids would have to attend a Smith County High School in Smith County is the reason for no consolidation!!! Talk about EGO

Well I did know that and you guys have done great the last few years. I mainly wrote that to prove a point. Someone said that the rivalry wasn't very intense from the Carthage side, Carthage doesn't consider it a rivalry, yada yada yak yak.............but as soon as someone from Gordonsville mentions ANYTHING about Carthage and the whole gang jumps in with both feet. So I don't think the intensity is gone at all from the Carthage side. You want to win and you expect to win against Gordonsville.............but face it, you're worried about Gordonsville every year until the game is over and done.

Another thing though about Medley..........he normally doesn't coach unless he has talent. There must be some coming up or he wouldn't be helping. Just a thought to consider.

Just to let you know. We do this to any school who talks smack about us. Its not just Gordonsville.

Hey Legion, you BIG TIME gum popper........Ask Jonathon Bush how many times he beat Smtih County in 16 attempts!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Jonathon...makes me laugh every time I see him...but I'm really going to laugh now that I know it took him 16 years to get out of high school!!!

Where is Carthage High School? I've lived here my whole life and never seen Carthage High School. You people don't even know the name of the school. How can you talk about a rivaly when you don't know who your talking about? Your ashamed to call it Smith County High School because --- your from Smith County!!! Gordonsville Alumni was afraid there kids would have to attend a Smith County High School in Smith County is the reason for no consolidation!!! Talk about EGO

I'm not ashamed to be from Smith County but have you ever notice it's only the little, small-minded counties that have Co. schools..........Why isn't Gallatin called Sumner Co. High? Why isn't Cookeville called Putnam Co. High? They've got more class than the bunch of hicks we've always had running our schools who decided that one school was more deserving of a "title" than the other. Small-minded politicians for us "po boy county folk who do'n no no better"

Correction..........both sides voted against it..........those from Gordonsville High and those from Carthage High :lol:

I'm not ashamed to be from Smith County but have you ever notice it's only the little, small-minded counties that have Co. schools..........Why isn't Gallatin called Sumner Co. High? Why isn't Cookeville called Putnam Co. High? They've got more class than the bunch of hicks we've always had running our schools who decided that one school was more deserving of a "title" than the other. Small-minded politicians for us "po boy county folk who do'n no no better"

Correction..........both sides voted against it..........those from Gordonsville High and those from Carthage High :lol:

SmithCountyPicture021.jpg

Don't see Carthage anywhere on the building.

Edited by Antwan

McMinn County High 5a

Coffee County High 5a

Cumberland County High 5a

Nah...not just small counties. :lol:

Nah...both sides voted against a tax increase we got anyway.

Edited by Antwan

I have to say that I love you people and the things that you have to say about my team and High school. I mean it is down right funny, but I hope someone is shining up those pretty balls you won so long ago. I know I would keep them shiny if my school had won them. By the way if you think Gordonsville is going to win and since you are predicting it I know this really good guy and he is Dr. he specializes in helping people who have lost their mind. :rolleyes: