GVILLE AND CTOWN

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I love you people and the things that you have to say about my team and High school. I mean it is down right funny, but I hope someone is shining up those pretty balls you won so long ago. I know I would keep them shiny if my school had won them. By the way if you think Gordonsville is going to win and since you are predicting it I know this really good guy and he is Dr. he specializes in helping people who have lost their mind. :lol:

Yep...........if you go to the TSSAA website you can find a list of a bunch of schools that have won only one state championship in their school's history.

Nope............Carthage's name isn't on that list anywhere........nor is Smith County! haha

Nope........I didn't predict Gordonsville winning this year.

But if we want to speak about our storied pasts, lets remember with fondness the three year period when Carthage High had the longest losing streak in the state.

That's one of those records Carthage High can wear with pride! :D:D:lol:

Edited by Legion

Yep...........if you go to the TSSAA website you can find a list of a bunch of schools that have won only one state championship in their school's history.

Nope............Carthage's name isn't on that list anywhere........nor is Smith County! haha

Nope........I didn't predict Gordonsville winning this year.

But if we want to speak about our storied pasts, lets remember with fondness the three year period when Carthage High had the longest losing streak in the state.

That's one of those records Carthage High can wear with pride! :D:lol::lol:

So let me see if I got this right. You are on here talking the normal preseason smack about how Smith County High School should be called Carthage, how Gordonsville has won a state championship and a runner-up 30 years ago, and how SC had a losing streak in a three year period, BUT you aren't saying that Gordonsville will win the "rival" game this year. I guess what I am asking is, "What is your point?"

So let me see if I got this right. You are on here talking the normal preseason smack about how Smith County High School should be called Carthage, how Gordonsville has won a state championship and a runner-up 30 years ago, and how SC had a losing streak in a three year period, BUT you aren't saying that Gordonsville will win the "rival" game this year. I guess what I am asking is, "What is your point?"

my initial point when I first posted was to show that the intensity between these two schools hasn't dwindled like several people say it has. Someone said I was predicting Gordonsville to win. I said, at one point, they would beat Carthage again. I hope Gordonsville wins the game this year and the next and the next, etc. BUT, you guys have a really good program at the moment and a really good coach. It would definitely be an upset for Gordonsville to beat Carthage. However, I still like getting all of these Owl supporters fired up. They're all typing as fast as their two fingers can find the keys!! haha :lol:

my initial point when I first posted was to show that the intensity between these two schools hasn't dwindled like several people say it has. Someone said I was predicting Gordonsville to win. I said, at one point, they would beat Carthage again. I hope Gordonsville wins the game this year and the next and the next, etc. BUT, you guys have a really good program at the moment and a really good coach. It would definitely be an upset for Gordonsville to beat Carthage. However, I still like getting all of these Owl supporters fired up. They're all typing as fast as their two fingers can find the keys!! haha :lol:

So are you saying Gordansville doesn't have a really good program or a really good coach???????????????

So are you saying Gordansville doesn't have a really good program or a really good coach???????????????

Yep...sounds like he or she said that to me. I do think Gordansville has a very good coaching staff. They have lost a couple of good ones lately...though.

Who is a coach that they have or have had who is considered good?

some I can remember.............

Turney Ford - TSSAA Hall of Fame

Mark Medley - 2 yrs. head coach - 2 state title games - 1 championship

Also guided Lebanon to the quarterfinals

Dan Winfree - won state title at Lincoln Co. as an assistant

Brad Cowan - won 2 state titles at Riverdale as an assistant

Bob Dillard - took 5A Lebanon to the quarterfinals as head coach

Stanley Wills - longtime assistant who took Gordonsville to the quarterfinals

that's all I can remember. Some pretty good success stories

Edited by Legion

some I can remember.............

Turney Ford - TSSAA Hall of Fame

Mark Medley - 2 yrs. head coach - 2 state title games - 1 championship

Also guided Lebanon to the quarterfinals

Dan Winfree - won state title at Lincoln Co. as an assistant

Brad Cowan - won 2 state titles at Riverdale as an assistant

Bob Dillard - took 5A Lebanon to the quarterfinals as head coach

Stanley Wills - longtime assistant who took Gordonsville to the quarterfinals

that's all I can remember. Some pretty good success stories

I'll say that probably three of those are really good coaches. It doesn't hurt that every single one of them was coaching pretty good talent when they won all of those games. Also, word is ... is that coach Medley has rejoined the staff. Any news on that? :)