GVILLE AND CTOWN

Complete idiots. I don't care if somebody wants to delete this, that's fine. I just have to say that dying over a football game is not a little extreme, it's out of control. All these so called facts by the G-ville kids weight lifting, I want proof or shut up. Win one year or shut up. Otherwise, you are "juss" makin fools out of yourself and your community. :ph34r:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Gordonsville vs. Smith County is a game that has been played for over 75 years. I know that in those 75 years, Gordonsville has one SOME of those games. I know that it was considered a big rivalry. But, just to be honest, someone is right, alot of Gordonsville people say the same thing every year, "this year Gordonsville is going to be tough, I think they will be Carthage." I know that those kids from Carthage want to beat you as well. But, the sad truth for Gordonsville fans, is that anymore, Smith County looks at this game as any other game. It doesn't mean the same to SC as it does for G-Ville. If G-ville wins that game, it seems as if they have had a successful season regardless if they win another game the rest of the year. It is not that way with SC, and that is the difference. It should show exactly that by SC not making their first game of the year G-ville. Whoever wins will have won a ballgame, and to G-ville, it just might be the highlight of their football decade.

Here is the barnburner, "Gordonsville will lose!"

I know the Gordonsville vs. Smith County is a game that has been played for over 75 years. I know that in those 75 years, Gordonsville has one SOME of those games. I know that it was considered a big rivalry. But, just to be honest, someone is right, alot of Gordonsville people say the same thing every year, "this year Gordonsville is going to be tough, I think they will be Carthage." I know that those kids from Carthage want to beat you as well. But, the sad truth for Gordonsville fans, is that anymore, Smith County looks at this game as any other game. It doesn't mean the same to SC as it does for G-Ville. If G-ville wins that game, it seems as if they have had a successful season regardless if they win another game the rest of the year. It is not that way with SC, and that is the difference. It should show exactly that by SC not making their first game of the year G-ville. Whoever wins will have won a ballgame, and to G-ville, it just might be the highlight of their football decade.

You are exactly right!! You have been around us long enough to know that we as Smith Co football players could less about this game. The game means nothing us it is just another win against that little team from across the river who likes to talk to junk and the same junk every year until we put the same whooping on them we do every year since Coach Maynard has arrived. So for you people across the river stop talking about all this non sense on how you are going to beat us. Thank you.

Going out on a limb ain't ya with that prediction, ain't ya?

A few points to be made............

1. If this game wasn't important, then why in the world did BOTH sides vote against consolidating the two schools into one. You talk about a powerhouse football program, you would have had one.

Instead, the idiot school board purchases a YARD on Main Street and crams a new school on it and then tears down a perfectly good gym. That was stupid!

2. With the amount of students Carthage HS has to select from, they should never have lost to Gordonsville in the first place. Just remember, there are some players from Gordonsville that NEVER lost to Carthage.

3. The rivalry has lost intensity on both sides, not just Carthage. If and when Gordonsville ever upsets Carthage again, you can bet the intensity level will pick back up. No doubt!

4. Rumor has it that Medley is going to start helping Coach Dillard at Gordonsville. It's only a matter of time before he takes back over.

5. Carthage HS talks alot of smack about beating Gordonsville, but you're always quiet come playoff time. Get a gold or silver ball and then you can talk forever.

1. If this game wasn't important, then why in the world did BOTH sides vote against consolidating the two schools into one. You talk about a powerhouse football program, you would have had one.

Instead, the idiot school board purchases a YARD on Main Street and crams a new school on it and then tears down a perfectly good gym. That was stupid!

2. With the amount of students Carthage HS has to select from, they should never have lost to Gordonsville in the first place. Just remember, there are some players from Gordonsville that NEVER lost to Carthage.

3. The rivalry has lost intensity on both sides, not just Carthage. If and when Gordonsville ever upsets Carthage again, you can bet the intensity level will pick back up. No doubt!

4. Rumor has it that Medley is going to start helping Coach Dillard at Gordonsville. It's only a matter of time before he takes back over.

5. Carthage HS talks alot of smack about beating Gordonsville, but you're always quiet come playoff time. Get a gold or silver ball and then you can talk forever.

Just because Coach Medley is helping does not mean that you are going to automattically start winning, if you remember Dillard is still the great head coach over there. You know what congrats on your gold and silver ball from about 21 years ago. This thread is not about who has the most gold or silver balls between the two teams because we know it is you. It is about Smith Co. HS. and GHS and if you look at the all time record between the two schools the game is not even close. You are correct about joining the two schools I was in grade school when they voted on it and wanted very bad because then I knew for sure that we would have left high school with a state title. From what I was told it was more Gordonsville people that voted against the consolidation not Carthage people. We are not quiet come playoff time you play against the teams we have to play against the last few years and lets see how well you fair against them in the playoffs. Another thing you are correct about I believe also that IF Gordonsville does ever beat us again that it again have some meaning about it. <_<

Ok, all of your points were well taken until you got to number 5. You seemed to have a memory lapse while typing that last point. In case you forgot, in the last five years, SC has two second round appearance, two third round appearances, and a fourth round.

"Gordonsville still loses."

Just because Coach Medley is helping does not mean that you are going to automattically start winning, if you remember Dillard is still the great head coach over there. You know what congrats on your gold and silver ball from about 21 years ago. This thread is not about who has the most gold or silver balls between the two teams because we know it is you. It is about Smith Co. HS. and GHS and if you look at the all time record between the two schools the game is not even close. You are correct about joining the two schools I was in grade school when they voted on it and wanted very bad because then I knew for sure that we would have left high school with a state title. From what I was told it was more Gordonsville people that voted against the consolidation not Carthage people. We are not quiet come playoff time you play against the teams we have to play against the last few years and lets see how well you fair against them in the playoffs. Another thing you are correct about I believe also that IF Gordonsville does ever beat us again that it again have some meaning about it. :thumb:

Hey I'd rather have 21 yr. old, rusty, dusty balls than no balls at all!!! haha

I may be different from a lot of Gordonsville fans in the fact that I don't totally despise Carthage HS. Most wish it would fall into the Cumberland River. I hope you guys go 9-1 every year. I think Maynord had done a great job over there. The only area that voted for consolidation was the Pleasant Shade area...............everywhere else was against it. A very dumb mistake in my opinion. Last thing...........Gordonsville will beat Carthage again.

Edited by Legion

Hey I'd rather have 21 yr. old, rusty, dusty balls than no balls at all!!! haha

I may be different from a lot of Gordonsville fans in the fact that I don't totally despise Carthage HS. Most wish it would fall into the Cumberland River. I hope you guys go 9-1 every year. I think Maynord had done a great job over there. The only area that voted for consolidation was the Pleasant Shade area...............everywhere else was against it. A very dumb mistake in my opinion. Last thing...........Gordonsville will be Carthage again.

Consolidation failed because of the way the referendum was worded. It pretty much asked if you are for or against a tax increase. What that did do is implement a $50 wheel tax...and a property tax increase for an over $30 million project that would have cost about $15 million if the consolidation had occured. That really doesn't matter now. The damage has "done been did".

I do...however...remember that every time I visit the County Clerk's office.

Edited by Antwan

Just a couple of things here...

1) I would love to know one advantage G-ville has in this game.

Coaching, athleticism, size, strength, speed, experience, heart, confidence...

give me just one please.

2) If the guy who said we are quiet in playoff time had have looked, he would have

seen that we have played 39 games in the past three years. That means we

have averaged making it to the quarter finals. I don't call that being very

quiet. :thumb::huh::lol:

Just a couple of things here...

1) I would love to know one advantage G-ville has in this game.

Coaching, athleticism, size, strength, speed, experience, heart, confidence...

give me just one please.

2) If the guy who said we are quiet in playoff time had have looked, he would have

seen that we have played 39 games in the past three years. That means we

have averaged making it to the quarter finals. I don't call that being very

quiet. :thumb::huh::lol:

Well I did know that and you guys have done great the last few years. I mainly wrote that to prove a point. Someone said that the rivalry wasn't very intense from the Carthage side, Carthage doesn't consider it a rivalry, yada yada yak yak.............but as soon as someone from Gordonsville mentions ANYTHING about Carthage and the whole gang jumps in with both feet. So I don't think the intensity is gone at all from the Carthage side. You want to win and you expect to win against Gordonsville.............but face it, you're worried about Gordonsville every year until the game is over and done.

Another thing though about Medley..........he normally doesn't coach unless he has talent. There must be some coming up or he wouldn't be helping. Just a thought to consider.