Sportsmanship Taken Too Far?

rollredroll

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

That may be the stupidest thing you have ever said. It is a stupid rule that in no way needs to be inforced. Like someone else said I've been on the losing side (75-0) but I got over it and it didn't scar me for life. Let the kids play and whatever happens happens.

Exactly, you learn from a loss or win and you move on with life. Apparently, the knuckleheads in the political power that make these idiotic rules have never got over their losses. :thumb:

It is not just Conn. that is looking into adding this rule. Oregon already has it and has had it for years. On the Oregon website for highschool athletics there is a form link for coaches to fill out if they feel the other team ran the score up on them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the score gets to 50+ lead i agree you shouldnt leave the 1st stringers in there but if the 2nd and 3rd stringers keep on dominating the game you cant do nothing about that the other team is just horrible but if you leave the starters in there that is not showing ANY CLASS AT ALL

I read this story today and couldn't believe my eyes. In a nutshell, if a Connecticut football team wins by more than 50 points in a game, the coach is disqualified from coaching the next game.

Link

I'm all for sportsmanship, but this is extreme.

Thoughts? (Vote "yes" for For and "no" for Against - sorry for the confusion)

Did someone from brighton make this rule up

I agree with the majority here - restrictions on coaching by the government are just stupid. And, as you know from having watched the play-offs last year, if a GP alum can say that anyone can.

EDIT: I removed the profanity.

Edited by JtDL

I agree with the majority here - restrictions on coaching by the government are just ###### stupid. And, as you know from having watched the play-offs last year, if a GP alum can say that anyone can.

We do not allow profanity on this web site. None. Thanks