Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

Let's see.....you over state Maryville's enrollment (1400) then you under state Alcoa's enrollment (500 +). What's wrong with you Alcoa fans? Can you not tell the trutH?... or are you lining up an excuse that will make you feel better.... :o

Check again..............Maryville's Enrollment for `2006 is over 1500 students. Alcoa's `2006 is well under 500 students. :)

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see.....you over state Maryville's enrollment (1400) then you under state Alcoa's enrollment (500 +). What's wrong with you Alcoa fans? Can you not tell the trutH?... or are you lining up an excuse that will make you feel better.... :o

Totally uncalled for remark. You can't classify ALL Alcoa fans in such a way when you don't know every Alcoa fan. I'm a clergy member!! I'm sure Maryville has some exaggerators as well. I think its obvious that Maryville has a larger enrollment.

Over the years it has been easy to see that Maryville can simply put more players on the field. I will say, however, that just because you have more players means that you win. In my opinion the ### of players or the lack thereof, is not a legit excuse.

Totally uncalled for remark. You can't classify ALL Alcoa fans in such a way when you don't know every Alcoa fan. I'm a clergy member!! I'm sure Maryville has some exaggerators as well. I think its obvious that Maryville has a larger enrollment.

Over the years it has been easy to see that Maryville can simply put more players on the field. I will say, however, that just because you have more players means that you win. In my opinion the ### of players or the lack thereof, is not a legit excuse.

I meant to say that just because you have more players DOES NOT mean that you win. Just wanted to clarify.

When your school has around 1500 students I'd hope there are others to carry the ball! I'm sure somewhere in that population you can find 10 RB's! Alcoa has a lack of options most of the time. 300 students will do that to a football team, but trust me this game will be close RR!! :lol:

Thats pretty impressive. I heard someone mention earlier when practice started that Alcoa had close to 100 out. That means one third of the student population plays football. Dosen't seem to me you are hurting for players as much as you think.

oh yeah I forgot, Rankin must be lacking in coaching intelligence even though he has won multiple state championships at a 5A powerhouse. Man I wish Alcoa could find a smart coach.

Get real and quite pretending like you know what this year's Alcoa players are like. I can remember, just so you know, when playing Maryville was easy for Alcoa. Be careful, you might regret those words.

the point was yeah yours is smart, but ours is smarter, and i dont regard myself with games that alcoa won somewhere around ten years ago, i like to keep myself with the current rate of 5 games in a row. get real

the point was yeah yours is smart, but ours is smarter, and i dont regard myself with games that alcoa won somewhere around ten years ago, i like to keep myself with the current rate of 5 games in a row. get real

Rankin has not been the coach at Alcoa long enough for you to make such a judgment, therefore you are not in a position to determine how smart a coach he is. I think his record speaks for itself and he has done it longer than Quarles and at a higher classification. Period. You can refrain from your Alcoa cheapshots.

Everyone knows Quarles is a great coach. The proof is in the record. He may indeed prove to be a better coach than Rankin, but at least wait until they have played the game before you make a judgment call on the man's intelligence.

The point I was making is that this rivalry every now and then goes in cycles which is why I brought up the point that there have been times in which Maryville was as easy for Alcoa to beat than anyone else.

You can get real by not being so biased.

_282425761_l.jpg

U kissing cousins have to get along better than this.

You both have great programs and history. The fact that little blue collar Alcoa wins every few year is not worthy.

Maryville has one of the best coached teams in the state and is deep with talent and size.

Alcoa now has a great coach with great players but light on the size and depth of their line.

Great Lines make great teams.

Pulling for the underdog but Maryville would be hard to beat if the lost their first string.