Father Ryan vs. JP2

bigbigguy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question is what will happen to jp2 if tate just cant get anything going? if he cant make the big plays for the knights then who will? i think if they can stop golden, jp2 looses!

I hope the team doesnt rely on Tate to win the game for them. He cant do it on his own. FR is hungry for the win, so JPII shouldnt expect an easy 'W' in their column.

I think FRHS is most likely working as hard as anyone. What does posting on this board have to do with determining if the kids and coaches are working hard or not? JP better make sure their chin straps are tight cause there is gonna be some heads knocked on this day.

Ole Dad

For a team that got their tail handed to them last season by JP2 you sure are doing alot of talking. The team and you would be better off if you worked harder and did less smack talking. You use the name Father Ryan Wrestling very loosely but I am not so sure that your wrestling coach Pat Simpson would be happy with the way that you talk smack. All of the state champion wrestlers from Father Ryan that I have ever been around were very humble and complimented their opponents on their effort. You must be some type of "want to be" Father Ryan wrestler.

Both Father Ryan's offensive lines and defensive lines willl waltz right over JP2s stick figures. Our line does average 260, undoubtedly, and they are very quick. Im guessing by the time this freshman QB hands the ball off to Golden Tate (which I am assuming will be every play), there will be a FR lineman there to meet him. And if SOMEHOW Golden gets past one of them, he still has to deal with #17, who is looking for some headhuntin' vengence. And I am not sure about JP2s defense, but FR probably has the strength to make steady, positive plays on offense, and might end up scoring on nearly every drive. JP2 has lots of speed and talent, but they lack size and strength, since that class just left.

As for the 7v7, a lotta players cant make it because they work. Probably the same for Greenbrier. The team looked young because they are young, and too young to get a job.

I wouldn't be so sure Father Ryan's O-line and D-line is gonna "waltz" over JPII's "stick" figures. I am sure JPII's lineman have been working- maybe not as hard as FRHS :rolleyes: - but I'm sure they are working. As for Tate he is not our only weapon. Actually, we have two Tate's who will see a great deal of playing time on offense. Our line will be tough. This should be a great game, but we are not getting ready for Ryan right now. We are getting ready for Greenbrier, which is our week zero game!!! I invite you to come see our game versus Greenbrier. It should be a great game in a great atmosphere!!!

Good luck with Ravenwood. I always enjoy when we play you guys. It's such a great atmosphere!!

Its definitely a heated rivalry. But our original rival is MBA. Its not as heated as the one between our 2 schools (2 Catholics schools that hate each other's necks!), but its one we take heart to, and one we cant lose sight of. You guys gotta find yourself another rival (as well as us). I'm thinking Webb, those games between you guys are good ones.

Its definitely a heated rivalry. But our original rival is MBA. Its not as heated as the one between our 2 schools (2 Catholics schools that hate each other's necks!), but its one we take heart to, and one we cant lose sight of. You guys gotta find yourself another rival (as well as us). I'm thinking Webb, those games between you guys are good ones.

Webb for sure, Goodpasture maybe

but what will happen to jp2 if golden can't ge anything going? all i hear is how much tate is going to run over frhs. last time i checked it takes 11 players on the field to win a football game, not just one. golden is a good player but he can't do it by himslef.

Well last year wasn't it Brian Sneed who scored FOUR TOUCHDOWN'S against you guys???? I think he did. So don't sit there saying Golden is ALL we have. Yes, he is a very big part of our offense, but like last year, we have many weapons on offense :( And our defense should be improved..