Farragut @ Knox Central

ok well. first. when we had people run around the track about a hr and half before the game. no one said it was closed. and no one said anything to us about it. so yeah. 2nd i thought it was stupid to how some farragut people walked right in front of the central student section. that was annoying for me to see and it didnt even affect me. and i didnt see anything wrong with tailgating. would u rather have had us do it in the street? where else should we have tailgated. plus that was in the shade. as long as there was no trash left over. and i dunno if there was or not but if there wasnt i see no problem doing it. no one complained about it until now. atleast we had a table. we couldve jsut done everything in the grass and messed it all up. but no we had chairs and grilsl and a table and a "portable gazebo" as u called it. plus its was easier to tailgate at central instead of tailgating at farragut. how many tennessee fans do u see tailgate at UTK when they play in Georgia? kinda bad example cuz its college and different but its good enough. and i dont see why ur complaining about people walking in front of when the game hasnt started yet. but even then its annoying and like i said it was annoying for me to watch. and waht do u have against flags? werent they great though. which one was your favorite? i know u had one. i almost got a picture of the Bobcat holding one of them after the game. but it refused. but we did get one with some girl holding it next to the bobcat.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post Knoxvillian :thumb:. I agree with you on every point, although I'll attempt to give you my two cents. As for setting up right next to the school, I can see where you're coming from. I think the only reason we set up there was the fact that we got there very early, and parked in that front parking lot, so it was only natural to walk the 20 feet over to that corner and set up there. Thats funny that you mention the portable gazebo, as the fact that it is mine : ). On another note, the young lady who made that snide comment; stuff like that is going to happen. I think it would be safe to say, for the most part, that most of the other schools we compete against ARE in fact jealous of Farragut. Not all people are going to be, but like I said, for the most part. In almost everything we do, we're close to the top; State champs in baseball, recent soccer championships, volleyball team dominates, both golf teams are consistently at the top(especially the girls), girls soccer team is always at the top. And on top of all that, we also have the distinction of being the "smartest" Public high school in knox county academically, by a loftly margin. I'd like to stress that I don't intend to come across as being snobby or arrogant here, although it may seem that way, I just think its the truth. As for the flags, It's more of a "We're seniors" kind of thing than a "Lets annoy the heck out of the other team." If you noticed, all the flags had something to do with seniors. Also, I'm pretty positive that NO students ran around on the track, it was indeed the cheerleaders with our flags. I almost did at one point, but there was a cop by the gate, and I figured he wouldn't let me by.

On another note, I totally don't understand our whole 3-5 setup. The only reasoning that I can see behind it is that against slower teams, our linebackers will be able to go right around the lineman. I've always been partial towards the 4-3 formation, and in high school it would make even more sense since the fact that running the ball is almost every high school's priority. Then again, I'm not a coach.

Thats all for now I guess,

-alex

OK...here is my whole take on everything from last night. I am a Central fan and have been for several years (have one son graduated from there and one daughter a Senior there).

IOK...this is my first post, how did I do? I don't really care. I am too old to care about what other's think.

Great post OldK!

BTW-Alex sounds to smart to be one of mine. :thumb:

Pure irony here. Loftly?

These guys looked tough against West...nice passing especially...from the miniscule TV time all the games got. I am a bit nervous about this game coming up in a few weeks, especially since it is at Bearden. Thanks for the kudos everyone else. I tries to calls 'em as I sees 'em. Even if I don't sees as good as I used to!

FHS at Heritage next week? Is that right? Not sure on this one, but if Sterling can get on his horse like I saw last year, watch out!

Central at Halls? Hmmm...if the Cats don't get too big on themselves from the FHS score, should be a decent, mild blowout. I think....42-10, Central. (hope so anyway!)

Later, gang.

Oh, and it WAS students running the track. The male in the second set was no cheerleader. Had lots of paint and looked to be a t-shirt sleeve as a hat. That I DID see correctly! LOL

Old K

yeah OldK ur right. it was studetns, but like i said. they ran by plenty of Central people and police officers and no one said a thing. alex was cleanin up the tailgate area i guess when all this was going on, but he is right the cheerleaders did wave the flags too. and plus when they ran around the track it was atleast an hr before the game so i really doubt it had an effect on anyone or anything. but which flag did u like? i know u had a favorite?

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Those of us who have been on the field of battle (football) know that bigger isn't always better. Looks like our Admirals proved that tonight.

And ihavenofriendzz after watching Alcoa lose (14-17) and seeing the final score they can beat FHS.

Also, why does Farragut fall apart in the second half against teams like Central and OR?

Rigger, it all comes down to coaching- especially at this level when so much depends on momentum and emotion. Farragut had a chance to score in the second half (after the kid fell on the 7 yard line going in for the TD). Farragut's only success Friday night was running the ball straight up the middle (that #31 was a TOUGH runner). 4 times up the middle from the 7 would have been a TD with the way that kid was running. Instead, Courtney tried some other stuff and resulted in 4 straight negative yardage plays. That killed any momentum that you guys had.

On a side note-----As far as people complaining about where others are tailgaiting or which tunnel people are using or who is sitting where- quit crying. We've been watching Central football for years under the same set up as we have now without any problems. Get to the game, get your seat and watch the game.

Edited by Cleveland

Farragut had a chance to score in the second half (after the kid fell on the 7 yard line going in for the TD). Farragut's only success Friday night was running the ball straight up the middle (that #31 was a TOUGH runner). 4 times up the middle from the 7 would have been a TD with the way that kid was running. Instead, Courtney tried some other stuff and resulted in 4 straight negative yardage plays. That killed any momentum that you guys had. ]

Farragut had NO success running up the middle untill the game was decided and Central was subbing linebackers, the early running yardage came when there was nothing and Sterling or the QB kicked it out side. I agree, the Admiral play calling was suspect, especially with the play action passing game, the pressure was way to intense for that.

Edited by PigSkinRules

Rigger, it all comes down to coaching- especially at this level when so much depends on momentum and emotion. Farragut had a chance to score in the second half (after the kid fell on the 7 yard line going in for the TD). Farragut's only success Friday night was running the ball straight up the middle (that #31 was a TOUGH runner). 4 times up the middle from the 7 would have been a TD with the way that kid was running. Instead, Courtney tried some other stuff and resulted in 4 straight negative yardage plays. That killed any momentum that you guys had.

I agree it comes down to Coaching. I've been saying that for the last 4 years and a few others in the Farragut community who have expertise at the College and pro football level.

I think it would be safe to say, for the most part, that most of the other schools we compete against ARE in fact jealous of Farragut. Not all people are going to be, but like I said, for the most part. In almost everything we do, we're close to the top; State champs in baseball, recent soccer championships, volleyball team dominates, both golf teams are consistently at the top(especially the girls), girls soccer team is always at the top. And on top of all that, we also have the distinction of being the "smartest" Public high school in knox county academically, by a loftly margin. I'd like to stress that I don't intend to come across as being snobby or arrogant here, although it may seem that way, -alex

Alex-let me help yopu out here. If TSSAA is corredt. Farragut has won 35 team and individual State Championships since 2000. It's time the football and basketball programs step up.