Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Yes, it would have bothered me. Most people bother me actually. That's why I either try to find a place to sit where no one else is around or I sit near people that I know are not there for the game or I sit around people I know will not annoy me.

My point exactly!! I have been sitting in the approximate same spot for 4 years and these people have recently "invaded our territory" you might say--which they have every right to do-- but please, be considerate of those around and especially behind you!!! I will definately be in a different spot come Friday night!!!

GREAT POST!!!!!!!

"wish the band wouldn't play during offensive drives" -- TSSAA rules (and those in most states) explicitly say that is the only time the band is ALLOWED to play. Bands (rather the team of the offending band) are given penalties if the band plays during the opponent's offensive drives. For the rule to be enforced, the opposing coach simply has to ask the ref to enforce it. When this request is made, the ref is usually more than happy to oblige, as is the offending band director.

There's a thread on this very topic on this board. Where can you find this rule? I was in band and our director would say this, plus its good sportsmanshipnot to play while the other team is on offence.

Can't find it online, but I do know that I saw it in writing a few years ago. My school's AD showed a list of rules to all coaches, sponsors, and directors prior to each football season. Have seen officials issue warnings, though never actually saw a penalty enforced.

Sorry I can't be more help.

One thing I don't like is that people who graduated 3+years ago who didn't even play football come to watch the game decked out in their school gear and paint.Come on guys,you're 21,there has to be something better to do on a friday night than go to a high school game and hit on jailbait.

And The drunk guy in his young 30s hanging with the high school kids bashing the play calls and hitting on high school girls is just as bad,they are probably trying to relive their high school days but please move on!

Kids running around. At our home games you are lucky to make it to the concessions or bathroom without getting hit in the head with a football or run into three or four times by kids running a hail mary.

toughen up...they're just kids

My point exactly!! I have been sitting in the approximate same spot for 4 years and these people have recently "invaded our territory" you might say--which they have every right to do-- but please, be considerate of those around and especially behind you!!! I will definately be in a different spot come Friday night!!!

my guess is that the people annoying you are not reading this board. So quit complaining, either say something to them or move.

toughen up...they're just kids

my guess is that the people annoying you are not reading this board. So quit complaining, either say something to them or move.

I was slightly out-numbered and extremely out-dumbed!! I did move though, Smart guy!! Thanks for the great advise!! I thought that was what this thread was for---complaining!!

I can take just about anything, and block anything out, but the cheerleaders throwing out footballs during plays is more than I can handle! I got hit a few times because (imagine this!) I was actually watching the game.

What are they doing during the timeouts??? Seems like that's the time to throw them out.

Also annoying is cheerleaders not paying attention to the game and yelling defense cheers when we're on offense and vice versa. (I try really hard not to sit anywhere near them!)

Oh, and one more: The fans who insist on bringing milk jugs with rocks in them. Not so bad if you don't sit right next to them, but when that's the only seat..watch out!!!

I can take just about anything, and block anything out, but the cheerleaders throwing out footballs during plays is more than I can handle! I got hit a few times because (imagine this!) I was actually watching the game.

What are they doing during the timeouts??? Seems like that's the time to throw them out.

Also annoying is cheerleaders not paying attention to the game and yelling defense cheers when we're on offense and vice versa. (I try really hard not to sit anywhere near them!)

Oh, and one more: The fans who insist on bringing milk jugs with rocks in them. Not so bad if you don't sit right next to them, but when that's the only seat..watch out!!!

I agree with the cheerleaders throwing the balls, and always during play it seems. It gets very annoying when you can't see the game because every one is scrambling for the balls. As for the fans with the milk jugs with rocks and change, it isn't an Alcoa game without them, I expect to see them at every game and I have no problem with it, maybe we all need some milk jugs.

Edited by mcwrestler