Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Guest hevyrevy1611

Moat annoying things to me?

•Small crowds, unparticipating/ unenthusiastic crowds, early leavers.

•Crude, vulgar, mean-spirited yelling at players of own or other's team.

•Incompetent, biased officiating, which seems to plague most games in all 6 classes (read comments board of any thread!.. and it not sour grapes either.. go to the games, you'll see! uhhggg!).

These my main 3.

Moat annoying things to me?

•Small crowds, unparticipating/ unenthusiastic crowds, early leavers.

•Crude, vulgar, mean-spirited yelling at players of own or other's team.

•Incompetent, biased officiating, which seems to plague most games in all 6 classes (read comments board of any thread!.. and it not sour grapes either.. go to the games, you'll see! uhhggg!).

These my main 3.

Yeah a lot of schools don't get decent crowds until the Playoffs.

My third least favorite is fans that yell at their coach, and call him out in games. He is your coach your jeering will not help the team improve. Sit in your seat, and cheer on your team. Even if they run it on 3rd and 50. A Calvary will not be successful when its leader is questioned at every snap.

My second is drunk fans (Especially high schoolers). No, just no. Call your mom and get a ride home.

My least favorite is without a doubt fans that boo the band. I don't care if you love or hate bands. If you hate bands then don't watch the show; you don't even half to cheer when they're done. Even if it is the worst band ever don't boo them. They put in work just like every other program in the school. The band supporters don't boo the football team. (If they do they shouldn't). It's childish.

When you are at a game, rather it is home or away, YOU are representing YOUR school. Behave with professionalism and class, and stop acting so stupid.

Edited by NotNoahHouck

My third least favorite is fans that yell at there coach, and call him out in games. He is your coach you're jeering will not help the team improve. Sit in your seat, and cheer on your team. Even if they run it on 3rd and 50. A Calvary will not be successful when it's leader is questioned at every snap.

My second is drunk fans (Especially high schoolers). No, just no. Call your mom ad get a ride home.

My least favorite is without a doubt fans that boo the band. I don't care if you love or hate bands. If you hate bands then don't watch the show; you don't even half to cheer when they're done. Even if it is the worst band ever don't boo them. They put in work just like every other program in the school. The band supporters don't boo the football team. (If they do they shouldn't). It's childish.

When you are at a game, rather it is home or away, YOU are representing YOUR school. Behave with professionalism and class, and stop acting so stupid.

AMEN! :thumb:

My third least favorite is fans that yell at their coach, and call him out in games. He is your coach your jeering will not help the team improve. Sit in your seat, and cheer on your team. Even if they run it on 3rd and 50. A Calvary will not be successful when its leader is questioned at every snap.

My second is drunk fans (Especially high schoolers). No, just no. Call your mom and get a ride home.

I agree about never booing a band. But a few Coors can make a game more fun

I highly suspect that in East TN more band directors have kids playing on D1 scholarships than all the football coaches, and maybe more than all the athletic coaches combined.  Granted AL and TN have huge bands rather than a limited number of scholarships, but we have a lot of kids there who are not music majors.  Also most HS bands put in as many or more practice hours than are allowed for a sports team.  Show some respect.  If your school isn't one of the one's putting in that much work, I agree.  Bad bands playing poor music isn't good.  But go listen to Walker Valley or Bradley or Signal Mountain at half time.  You will be amazed at the talent.  

I highly suspect that in East TN more band directors have kids playing on D1 scholarships than all the football coaches, and maybe more than all the athletic coaches combined. Granted AL and TN have huge bands rather than a limited number of scholarships, but we have a lot of kids there who are not music majors. Also most HS bands put in as many or more practice hours than are allowed for a sports team. Show some respect. If your school isn't one of the one's putting in that much work, I agree. Bad bands playing poor music isn't good. But go listen to Walker Valley or Bradley or Signal Mountain at half time. You will be amazed at the talent.

Same in West TN. (Especially in Gibson Co.) I've seen Signal Mountain at state for the past 3 years and they're awesome. Finished 7th at state in 2013. My band (South Gibson) finished 8th and Gibson finished 6th. Some great bands across the state like Elizabethton, Page, Adamsville, Cascade, Brighton, Spring Hill etc. if you haven't seen Munford high school you're missing out. Won a NATIONAL championship in 2011 or 2012

• 8 months later...