Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Bands playing while the ball game is going on, I know there isnt a rule against it and in West Tn it is considered part of the game.....but once ball is set by official I wish the bands would not play. IMO

I agree. During the Greeneville-Maplewood game, the band from Maplewood played constantly. I paid to watch the game and not listen to the band play all game.

• 1 month later...

You know.....that's a great idea! Think about it.....

Halftime show, we round up all the people in the senior citizens center, tell them we're taking them to the game for free, and at halftime, line them up at one end of the field and tell them they've got to run 100 yards and dodge all the footballs from the fans! Charge $1 a ball for one of those little white footballs, give them to fans and let them throw them at them as they run down the field. First senior citizen down the field gets a hamburger and coke at the local after-game eatery after the game. All proceeds can go to furnish a new sound system so we no longer need the band.

I LIKE IT! :lol:

:rolleyes::D

I don't post on here much, but that has got to be the funniest post I have read on this website in the last seven years of following this mess. Before you knee-jerk reactionaries pile on, I realize it's mean and absurd. That said, I couldn't help but imagine MYSELF as an octogenarian trying to run down the field and dodge those little white footballs for the chance to win a free early bird special at Shoney's. Too classic!

People, this is a game played on a field of grass by a bunch of kids who love what they do. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be loud. Yes, it's even supposed to be annoying at times. The fact is we are watching a bunch of young people doing things they love in front of a bunch of folks they may not even know, all to make their parents, grandparents and friends applaud them for a job well done. Let's lighten up and remember that if five thousand people showed up to your job (much less your church softball games) and criticized what you were doing, you would be just as crushed as a kid who played the wrong note in a trumpet solo at halftime.

As a great man once said (and I know his wife agreed), enjoy every day you get the chance to live because it sure is wonderful! I say, we should all be glad those kids, no matter what their role on Friday nights, are enjoying the one life they get a chance to lead....and that we get the privilege of watching them live it!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay Im gonna get in trouble here but my wife can be the most annoying thing at a highschool football game. Im involved in watching the game paying attention to all sorts of things. You know like who is being subbed for on both sides of the ball, coaches in thier conversations about what to do next , anticipating the next play. Out of nowhere my wife asks did you see that? Im like what? See what? and she says something like that little girl down there acting like the cheerleaders.

ofcourse I didnt see it. I paid to watch the game not the cheerleaders let alone some little girl acting like the cheerleaders. Its either that or some other insignifigant thing taking place and if I dont act interested............ you kmow.

Edited by BigSwo

Okay Im gonna get in trouble here but my wife can be the most annoying thing at a highschool football game. Im involved in watching the game paying attention to all sorts of things. You know like who is being subbed for on both sides of the ball, coaches in thier conversations about what to do next , anticipating the next play. Out of nowhere my wife asks did you see that? Im like what? See what? and she says something like that little girl down there acting like the cheerleaders.

ofcourse I didnt see it. I paid to watch the game not the cheerleaders let alone some little girl acting like the cheerleaders. Its either that or some other insignifigant thing taking place and if I dont act interested............ you kmow.

Big Swo, I got my season tickets right beside my wife's sister and her husband. Me and him watch the game and they can do whatever they want.

Big Swo, I got my season tickets right beside my wife's sister and her husband. Me and him watch the game and they can do whatever they want.

Sounds great but my wife would still insist that I watch the shoes blink and the little boys shoes when he runs up and down the bleachers. Im only thinking " Where the crap are this kids parents? Sit down before you get hurt." Im telling you man she loves going to watch everything but hte game.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I can't understand is how the band at Warren Co. doesn't even have the same colors as the High school it might be diffrent this year since I have been busy not making it to a game but when you are red, white and royal blue why does the band have to have white blue and black uniforms??!! and when the parents of the band members leave after the halftime show really bothers me.

I don't blame them for leaving why would you wanna stay and watch bad football

I don't blame them for leaving why would you wanna stay and watch bad football

Not that it annoys me but always thought it funny that the visiting team's band boosters come over to the home side at the half, watch their band and go home before the second half kickoff.