Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

A band should either be a "competition band" or a "pep band." Nobody likes to watch the boring shows that the competition bands perform. I like to hear the bands at football games. I could care less about the halftime shows. Nobody really watches them except the parents. I have seen and heard many bands over the years. I would have to say that Blackman has the best band for getting the whole stadium involved. I have never been in an atmosphere like it. If more schools would have bands like Blackman's, I think there would be more respect for bands. I am from Bradley County and have never witnessed a student section and band as enthusiastic and awesome as Blackman's. I don't understand why so many of the bands have flags and uniforms that are not school colors.... Makes NO sense at all. Cheerleaders can be a plus IF they actually cheer for the teams with appropriate cheers. Too often they are saying things that make no sense. The job of cheerleaders should be to do chants and cheers to involve the crowd---NOT to be seen. Another annoying thing is going to a school that has 1700 students and having a visiting section that would be small for even a single A school. Ridiculous!!!! Most of all though is listening to parents blame the refs consistently.. And then to say that there is "homecooking." Shows how stupid the fan is. And last but not least, girls who wear halters, short skirts and boots to a football game. Seriously!!!! Stay home, go to a club, or somewhere besides a football game. Someone needs to teach these girls how to dress for an athletic event. Or better yet, how to dress period. Where is the parental guidance???? But although there are things that drive us all crazy at football games, is there any better place to be on Friday nights. Friday night football!! There is nothing that can beat it!!

A band should either be a "competition band" or a "pep band." Nobody likes to watch the boring shows that the competition bands perform. I like to hear the bands at football games. I could care less about the halftime shows. Nobody really watches them except the parents. I have seen and heard many bands over the years. I would have to say that Blackman has the best band for getting the whole stadium involved. I have never been in an atmosphere like it. If more schools would have bands like Blackman's, I think there would be more respect for bands. I am from Bradley County and have never witnessed a student section and band as enthusiastic and awesome as Blackman's. I don't understand why so many of the bands have flags and uniforms that are not school colors.... Makes NO sense at all. Cheerleaders can be a plus IF they actually cheer for the teams with appropriate cheers. Too often they are saying things that make no sense. The job of cheerleaders should be to do chants and cheers to involve the crowd---NOT to be seen. Another annoying thing is going to a school that has 1700 students and having a visiting section that would be small for even a single A school. Ridiculous!!!! Most of all though is listening to parents blame the refs consistently.. And then to say that there is "homecooking." Shows how stupid the fan is. And last but not least, girls who wear halters, short skirts and boots to a football game. Seriously!!!! Stay home, go to a club, or somewhere besides a football game. Someone needs to teach these girls how to dress for an athletic event. Or better yet, how to dress period. Where is the parental guidance???? But although there are things that drive us all crazy at football games, is there any better place to be on Friday nights. Friday night football!! There is nothing that can beat it!!

*slowly stands and gives an ovation*

Preach it!

the most annoying part for me is the bands bc some bands sit there and are playing songs while their teams are trying to run their plays and they can't hear what the play is or audibles bc the band is making it to loud for them to here.

That is called a failure to communicate between the coaches and band director and drum major. The coaches should get the band to buy into and augment the atmosphere and help make the home field advantage memorable to the visiting team or capture the stadium when visiting some dump like Jasper or Whitwell.

• 2 weeks later...

I will list the things that are annoying to me or that just get on my nerves in no particuler order!

Band

Plays while the Home team is on offense!

(This has been going on for years! Someone in the Administration do something!)

Halftime shows!

Can only take the songs of The Beatles so many years in a row! :blink:

Children at Play

Running through the stands/concourse area and/or throwing a Football, water bottle or other!

Where are the parents?

The Fans

The ones and I have seen a lot that show no emotion what so ever!

When your teams defense has the oppenent on 3rd down or in 4th down situations and the players are trying to get the crowd up and on there feet and they still just set there! :blink:

The ones that clap hands but don't stand.

The ones who are there for conversation, visiting or everything but the ball game!

The ones who get mad and look at you funny when you a dozen more stand up and cheer or yell or say Go (team of choice) or Defense, Defense or Lets go O or D or Run (Player of choice) or nice hit! etc...

I forgot one!

Visiting teams fans on the field!

I can't stand when a visiting teams fans win or lose come marching onto the field, there kids start running around throwing footballs etc. Remember you may do this at your field but you are at someone else's home so to speak don't go barching in where you don't belong!

lord have mercy kids will be kids if you cant deal with them than leave,obviously they have parents but whos going to come to a game and not have fun,and dont come off saying im immature,football in general is but thats why we all love it,you come and play so you can watch or be the person who knocks the snot out of someone. Those kids watch the players and see heros so why dont you give it a rest with the kids and loosen up and enjoy football instead of whining so much. Edited by rebelforever

• 2 weeks later...

Alcoa fans are the most annoying. They think their team is good and is the best team in the state every year. They play a terrible schedule....except for this year and look how it ended

This post annoys me. If you believe what you posted here you need to get out more (check out other programs).Alcoa travels and has played a tough schedule for several years.