Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I just wanted to stick up for the bands. First off,I just wanted to say that I enjoy high school bands. Whenever I'm walking into a stadium (whichever one it is) and I hear the bands warming up I know it is time for some football. And everytime I hear WB's band play "fight on for William Blount" I get pumped up, It doesn't matter if we are playing a game that I know we are going to lose. I love hearing the band come marching into the stadium, the national anthem, the fight song, everything! IMO you just can't separate bands from high school football, the experience wouldn't be the same without the bands. And before somebody tries to be a wise azz and say I was in the band I wasn't, i'm not musically inclined at all, but I do appreciate what those kids do.

Edited by Governors91

As for what annoys me...

I can't stand obnoxious student sections. I understand getting pumped up for your team but can you do it in a classy manner without bashing the other team? I know i'm going to get flak for saying this but it just rubs me the wrong way when I hear kids from another fanbase yelling and calling my team losers and other similar ugly names, if they are so cocky maybe they should suit up and put their money where their mouth is.

Edited by Governors91

Morristown east band. They blew a tuba every snap

It was probably a sousaphone.

The sousaphone is a brass instrument, related to the tuba and hélicon. It is widely employed in marching band and tanjidor. Designed so that it fits around the body of the musician and is supported by the left shoulder, the sousaphone may be readily played while being carried. The instrument is named after American bandmaster and composer John Philip Sousa, who popularized its use in his band.

PS: I didn't know this till last week.

Edited by Red Rebels

It was probably a sousaphone.

The sousaphone is a brass instrument, related to the tuba and hélicon. It is widely employed in marching band and tanjidor. Designed so that it fits around the body of the musician and is supported by the left shoulder, the sousaphone may be readily played while being carried. The instrument is named after American bandmaster and composer John Philip Sousa, who popularized its use in his band.

PS: I didn't know this till last week.

Interesting. Had never heard of it til now. You're probably right tho.

• 2 weeks later...