Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AP rankings were released late this afternoon. I am sure papers will have them in the morning. Being an AP voter, they get sent to me, then I will turn around and stick 'em in my sports pages tomorrow morning.

Tank help me out, where'd you get the rankings from, like a website or something? or in the paper.

Well, I take my voting seriously and have a few rules I live by.

If a team is No. 1 and they win, it's hard for me to vote them out of that spot. Especially a convincing win. I will say this, I had the top two teams in the poll, as my top two teams on the ballot. :thumb:

But, like many have stated, who really cares about polls. They mean nothing, just something to chat about.

so, who did you vote for? :lol:

Hey Tank, couldn't find any of those SEC books Sat., Bud Ford was holding out on us. I've seen DB play, they are very good, big, tough, experienced. They do have some quickness in the backfield that has been missing. But one thing the Cats have on their side is SPEED. We're very young but we have quick strike, big play speed all over the place. That could help even out all those other factors that favor the Indians.

As long as Bud keeps those hotdogs coming, I won't complain too much. :thumb:

Hey Tank, couldn't find any of those SEC books Sat., Bud Ford was holding out on us. I've seen DB play, they are very good, big, tough, experienced. They do have some quickness in the backfield that has been missing. But one thing the Cats have on their side is SPEED. We're very young but we have quick strike, big play speed all over the place. That could help even out all those other factors that favor the Indians.

I think the Cats can be the best team in the state, but they may not be yet. There are a bunch of good teams this year and OR will need to stay focused to be back in the Boro for the Big Dance this year.

I think the Cats win Friday night by a touchdown.

Ole Dad

Well, I take my voting seriously and have a few rules I live by.

If a team is No. 1 and they win, it's hard for me to vote them out of that spot. Especially a convincing win. I will say this, I had the top two teams in the poll, as my top two teams on the ballot. :D

But, like many have stated, who really cares about polls. They mean nothing, just something to chat about.

DB 42

OR 21

No Way....will the score be that lopsided. I don't think both teams combined will score 21 points. Look for this to be a defensive ball game. I have to give the edge to Oak Ridge because its at the Ship. After 3 games I still can't figure out if DB has the "stuff" or not. Elizabethton and South were weak and Bearden is just average. I guess we'll know after Friday night where we stand.

Jaco,

those two lopsided predictions come from a couple of clowns from Clinton. They've beat us 5 times in 50 years, and we hung 74 on them last year cause they spray painted up the Ship the night before the game. They can't get over it, so they bash OR every chance they get. I agree with you, this will be two class programs battling in a well played, hard fought game, just as it is every year.

I'm afraid that DB is a little better than we are right now. I know you guys have more size and experience, and make fewer mistakes. But you know how it goes, you can kind of throw that stuff out for this one. I saw the Tribe against South, and I was very impressed.