Powell vs. Halls

Drega06

Really the only way that Powell can add more seats is to tear down the old stands and build newer ones and make them bigger and wider...sorta like how central has their stadium. One other possibility is to put stands in the endzones. Theres no way Powell can add stands on the other side of the field unless they want to rebuild the softball stadium too.

Nothing new can be built on the visitors bench side - period. Anything built there would be in a flood plane, and that won't be approved. Environmental laws prohibt a permit to do that. The top of the hill designates the beginning of the flood plane.

The only way the current facilities built below the top of the hill - the baseball and softball field and stands, and the football practice field - are still in use is because they were grandfathered before the new flood plane guidelines went in to effect. Nothing can be built from the top of the hill to Beaver Creek.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... let see...

Powell wins in a blowout.

You aren't connected with either side, are you?

Blowouts in this series are few and far between, no matter what the records and stats from either side are coming in. This really is one of those games where you can throw out the record books. As far as I can gather, only three of the last twenty games played have been decided by double digits, and the last 4 have gone in to the last minute of play before a victory was secured.

I'm certainly not looking for a blowout of any kind this year, either. I see another tough and close game going down deep in to the 4th quarter.

Blowouts in this series are few and far between, no matter what the records and stats from either side are coming in. This really is one of those games where you can throw out the record books. As far as I can gather, only three of the last twenty games played have been decided by double digits, and the last 4 have gone in to the last minute of play before a victory was secured.

I'm certainly not looking for a blowout of any kind this year, either. I see another tough and close game going down deep in to the 4th quarter.

I agree, this is just one of those games where you never know what might happen. Both teams are looking for that marquee region victory, not to mention the 'rivalry aspect' of this game. I'm really not sure what to think about this game. I thought that Powell was going to really get it going after the Farragut game, but they looked sloppy against SD. Halls has improved, but I still think Powell finds a way to get it done, 21-17.

HTV, don't fall out of your chair when I say this.....But I actually agree with you on this one. :thumb:

2 questions for my daily readers. First, will This game live up to the Hype of the past years games? Second, is anyone hurt on either teams? :thumb:

Reddevilfever, Slowly but surely I havent forgotton about u , I talked to one of the coaches today and he is getting me a program!

This game will depend on how well Powell's offense plays. If they do as well as they did against Farragut, expect Powell to come away with this one a winner and an almost guaranteed play-off spot. If Powell's offense struggles then expect Powell to be fighting to try to get points on the board. This game will determine who the other team that will be in the play-offs with Maryville, West, and Central all but locking up their play-off spot.

I think this has the makings of a great game. I will be surprised if this is a low scoring game like last year. I think both Cruze and Cooper are feeling comfitable in the captains chair and leading their respective teams. Realistically I believe both teams are trying to find themselves and wondering which team is going to show up from week to week.

Halls are full of potential and have been scoring a lot of points of late. Confidence is growing in the camp. A lot of hiccups still exist on the offensive side of the ball if the fumblerooski problem and the illegal shifts get fixed who knows what Halls can achieve. But the defense the past two games have looked awesome. Like I said on the Clinton thread last week next year Halls will be a tough opponent for anyone.

Powell have a record which just doesn't go with their talent pool and thats because they have played one brutal schedule. Those tough matchups early in the season will make this years team excel in the closing games of the season and a key overtime win against Farragut was spectacular and a huge turning point for QB Cruze. Then they found a way to win against a vastly improved South Doyle team. This team can not be overlooked by anyone.

Good luck to both teams this will be a battle. :thumb:

HTV, don't fall out of your chair when I say this.....But I actually agree with you on this one. :thumb:

That's just the history of this series. Games are generally very close.

So, are you going to come up and introduce yourself to me? You know where i'll be, and I really don't bite.

2 questions for my daily readers. First, will This game live up to the Hype of the past years games? Second, is anyone hurt on either teams? :thumb:

Reddevilfever, Slowly but surely I havent forgotton about u , I talked to one of the coaches today and he is getting me a program!

Dang PV, get this boy his list so he'll shut up about it. Good Luck this Friday.