Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

You were embarrassed because of poor preparation and coaching, not lack of athletes. The sooner you see this below the tunnel the better off you will be. This was the previous athletic directors way of getting back at the school system before he left, that is why he named him the baseball coach as well. He didn't want anyone to be as successfull as he was. Plain and Simple! There were many capable coaches in the county that could have done a nicer job, but politics prevailed in Pigeon Forge again. As far as anyone running up the score, I think your own cheerleaders could score on you, maybe you need to recruit a few for you offensive line :D All i'm saying is quit whinning and start making changes to help the problem, the embarrassment is your coaching staff............

You sure do seem to pay a lot of attention to a program other than your beloved Highlanders...Almost like you have had some previous affiliation with the Tigers, like maybe a former coach, I don't know just grasping at straws. You do seem like you have some sort of grudge with the Admin and coaching staff...any history there, yeah I think so. :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry PFDAD gotta disagree with you Carter put their 2nd and 3rd string players in after the half. The boy that blocked the punt is a 3rd string player and the boy that ran the ball for the TD is also a 3rd string player.

Believe me PF the first half was keeping Carter in their place but once carter started playing there was no stopping them..

Well Gee Leonard ,it's all relative ...according to your previous post we got nobody that could start for carter ....so if that be the case then we got nothin but 2nd and 3rd stringers..and beyond ......but somebody has to start the game now don't they...and carter fan do you think that "3rd STRINGER" that rushed for 144 yds could start for PF....

KevB,

I wish you would explain the superiority complex comment. It's tough to think you are superior when your best record in school history is 5-6 and a fourth place finish. I think we all believe we could be better, isn't that what competing is all about

I mean smarmy coaches and fans. Back in 2002 when you guys got your breakthrough win over Rutledge in 4OT's your fans and coaches hopped the fence at Optimist Field and made extremely rude comments towards the Rutledge fans and coaching staff.

I'm talking about guys like former basketball coach Bobby Harper being a complete jerk once he got some players to go with his ego and the Tigers began to win.

I'm talking about typical "we're from Sevier County and you're not" attitude that is present in most every sports team I have seen over there after the initial first few years where you guys struggled.

And mostly the complete lack of acknowledgement by some of your fans that you got flat out run over by Rutledge a few weeks ago saying the game was closer than the score which anyone that was there knows is completely false. It was a blowout and it could've most certainly been worse.

That's what I mean by superiority complex. Complete lack of respect and it shows every time things don't go your way.

Don't believe me? Think about it the next time you browbeat officials in any sport. You guys are worse than most schools in the area.

You sure do seem to pay a lot of attention to a program other than your beloved Highlanders...Almost like you have had some previous affiliation with the Tigers, like maybe a former coach, I don't know just grasping at straws. You do seem like you have some sort of grudge with the Admin and coaching staff...any history there, yeah I think so. :P

Sorry not a coach at GP just a student, i guess it just takes a 17 year old kid looking from the outside to see there are more problems than the adults at your own school can realize. It is amazing how many parents are on here supporting this clown of a coach, because you believe anything people tell you instead of thinking on your own. beefinthebox are you a coach there? If you are wouldn't it make more sense to be breaking down film than on a stupid message board arguing with kids. If i'm not mistaken this board was set up for the athletes, not the has beens and never weres!

Get over it and if you like to lose keep supporting him. I'll say this and then i'll stay off your board since you control it, again with the i'm better than you complex as pointed out by someone else. You guys get what you deserve, and we will be watching you make fools of yourself from above the tunnel! :D

Edited by cneagles13

Well pffan

If you really look at it I guess you are probably right. 64-12 with roughly 30 of those points being put up by 3rd stringers against many of PF starters. What more do you want me to say, but either they have no great players, or the coach's are terrible. I beleive the entire coaching staff is back from last year except for 1 or 2 including the head coach. So I know that is not the problem, that leaves only one solution. You come up with the answer. Can you tell me why PF would allow so many points and not score hardly any points the past two ballgames?

Would you like me to lie and say PF has great skilled players, extremely fast, big hitters, and are out of this world athletic? Please tell me why you think they can't beat anyone this year. I really hate to bring this up again, but Tellico Plains, come on. PF should have won that game by 45 or more.

granted I was talking about Notre Dame Not Catholic, but in another instance I have NEVER said anything negative about Catholic it is kinda hard to have a bad team when you as a coach can go out and recruit players and give them scholarships. Never said Carter was going to blow out Fulton, Fulton also has a good team, but I don't see AE doing anything but going out on the field to hurt the other players and that is not what football is about.

Catholic doesn't "recruit players" they can't give a "scholarship" out unless the person is actually catholic! Harrison Smith is uber rich so he doesn't even need that money, he is super athletic because his daddy bought him the best of everything which is part of the game can't say I would'nt do the same in his shoes!! And AE definatly does not come out on the field just to hurt people, the only reason your saying that is because of the "gangstas" that go to the school and their reputation. I know most of those players and they are their to win not to kill anyone!!!

Carter ran it up tonite ...looking for those AP votes in the polls ....ran it up in last 8 minutes after PF pulled their QB...went for two and made it, to run it up to 57-12...then brought the house at the very end to block a PF punt and recover in the end zone for 64-12 final ....AT THE BUZZER

ran it up on us at morristown east last year too but thinkin its gonna be diff this year when it happens pf fans read the paper and grin

Some valid points have been raised by almost everyone during this discussion. I must admit that I am a PF fan so here comes my 2 cents... Leonard, I really enjoy your views. I feel like you see things in black and white much the same as I do. You're right in your talent assessment. At the skill positions we are woefully lacking. We have only 2 people on offense who are a threat and one of them is playing a position he cant play. (no hands) Defensively, I don't feel we have the speed at linebacker to play the 3-5. Most of the big plays we give up are outside the tackles. Although the long passes hurt us too. Look back to last year, 5 down linemen and 2 backers were reasonably effective weren't they? Why the change? Depth is also an issue, most of the kids are playing both ways and thats hard on everyone, especially the linemen. Getting back to the offense, when no running game exists, how can ANY team move the ball consistently? Brandon Guidry hasn't forgotten how to run and I assure you, Cody Fleming and Billy Wilson haven't forgotten how to run block. Once again, think back to last year. Brandon had over 1000 yards running behind these 2. Paul Harper is a good qb. good arm and smart. Think how much better the passing game would be if a running game was established and opposing defenses had to worry about the run and the pass. At this point, the pass is all that has to be defended. In short, the core group of seniors that have stayed deserve all the respect we can give them. Look at what the have faced in their 4 years at PFHS. The senseless loss af a teammate during their freshman year, The virtual carousel of coaching changes, the mass defections of players this year..it has not been easy for them. Circus type atmospheres are very distracting. But I bet they won't quit. Win or lose, they still have my respect