Maryville v. William Blount

DCM

why are Aloca and ooltewah fans commenting on the WB and Murvil game?

And i'll be looking forward to takein a goal post down broadway on friday night. I wonder if we can take it all the way to WB?

Alcoa fans, such as myself, cheer and support other Blount County teams, I cheer for Maryville as long as they are not playing Alcoa. I like to watch football and talk about it and I like to get an idea of what the game may be like. If Alcoa was not playing McCallie I would be at the Maryville game. Maryville will take this game and WB will not take the goalposts, not that they should anyway, thats just dumb.

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”- Ephesians 4:29

i know some of my statemnts were hurtful to some people after today. I was told by some people at MHS that it was very troubling to some kids and for that I am truly sorry. This was all started as a debate trying to get people talk about things that they say on the sideline to each other and behind closed doors. But never out in public or on coachT. I thought it would be great debate and conversation but today when I found out how some of the coaches and players at MHS felt about it, then it went toooo far. I am not nor willI ever be a person to intentionally hurt someone for no reason. Although everything I said I thought to be true, its not worth someone to quit playing or move. I am truly sorry to all MHS fans and players. If you have problems at home then you fix that in house, I am an outsider in your community and quite frankly its not my business. I wish you well and hope you have a great season and again I am sorry if I hurt anyone.

Fanatic, I would venture to guess that your apology is well accepted, and it takes a big man to stand up and say he is sorry. All you said in this statement is a tribute to your character, and I understand that you believed what you said, and never meant to affect the kids.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inorder to beat Maryville, WIlliam Blount is going to have to control the ball like they did against Ooltewah. 3-4 yards every carry, go for it on 4th and inches and control the clock. Keep Maryville on defense most of the night and Blount can win. I hope Maryville's front 7 are big because #25 gets 4 yards every time he touches the ball. You can hit him in the backfield and he'll fall for 3 yards gain.

Alcoa fans, such as myself, cheer and support other Blount County teams, I cheer for Maryville as long as they are not playing Alcoa. I like to watch football and talk about it and I like to get an idea of what the game may be like. If Alcoa was not playing McCallie I would be at the Maryville game. Maryville will take this game and WB will not take the goalposts, not that they should anyway, thats just dumb.

Fanatic, I would venture to guess that your apology is well accepted, and it takes a big man to stand up and say he is sorry. All you said in this statement is a tribute to your character, and I understand that you believed what you said, and never meant to affect the kids.

I really needed to hear that. It was heartfelt and sincere. I lost perspective of what was really important and it took ......Thank you

So when is Murvil gonna put on those big boy pants and step up to 5A?

also im gonna say this is gonna be a close one govs win by a feild goal

W.B.-10

MHS-7

Eye know that Ooltewah has a great offense and all and scored 28 on the Govs. Eye'm hopin' the Rebs can get a few points even though the Govs thank that Mairvul will only score 7.

Edited by STARSNBARS

why are Aloca and ooltewah fans commenting on the WB and Murvil game?

And i'll be looking forward to takein a goal post down broadway on friday night. I wonder if we can take it all the way to WB?

I don't think TNNITEHAWK and his boys in blue would let something like that happen. Any comment TNNITEHAWK?

Edited by Red Rebels

How will William Blount stack up against Maryville?

On paper, this looks like a very interesting matchup. Maryville has a long history of doing well in big games and have earned my respect the last two championship games. William Blount looks like a worthy appointment by looking at their success this year. I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

On paper, this looks like a very interesting matchup. Maryville has a long history of doing well in big games and have earned my respect the last two championship games. William Blount looks like a worthy appointment by looking at their success this year. I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Same here. But does Wm Blount have any passing game? I know they talk about a very good runing game. But if they fall behind, and no passing game, it could get ugly fast.

Same here. But does Wm Blount have any passing game? I know they talk about a very good runing game. But if they fall behind, and no passing game, it could get ugly fast.

Our passing game is definately efficient.

We haven't had to go to it much this year, because our running game is so dominant.

The QB situation is a little confusing, at the latest. Tyler Burstrom got the bulk of the work last week, and did very well. Endsley, the starter for the first three games, went out after the first drive. Burstrom impressed me, with a great arm and good decision making skills along with mobility.

Inorder to beat Maryville, WIlliam Blount is going to have to control the ball like they did against Ooltewah. 3-4 yards every carry, go for it on 4th and inches and control the clock. Keep Maryville on defense most of the night and Blount can win. I hope Maryville's front 7 are big because #25 gets 4 yards every time he touches the ball. You can hit him in the backfield and he'll fall for 3 yards gain.

I agree with you 100%

If we can keep Maryville's O on the sidelines and control the ground, balanced with a decent passing attack, WB may have a shot in this one.

Darren Walker can accomplish that quite well, as you said, getting 3-4 consistently on first down.

All of this, combined with our defense playing very well, could make this one a game boys.

And your fans are right behind you all the way....this is a very special year for WB and I really believe we can win the rest of our games....it will probably be one of the most difficult goals to achieve, but yes, it is possible, and we'll be there to back you up to make sure it happens...

THIS IS DEFINATLY THE YEAR TO BEAT MARYVILLE!