McCallie/Alcoa

mccalliesportsguy

They're favored by 10 overt he Titans

Well we might all be favored over the Titans this year. LOL. McCallie obviously has a very good team. I think Alcoa's best chance is to run the ball effectively on them, control clock and keep BJ and company off the field. Likely easier said than done I realize, but to me that would be a good game plan. Not sure about McCallies run defense but Alcoa has a formidable run game and can also throw it pretty well. One thing McCallie will notice this year is that the Alcoa QB can make plays with his arm as well as his legs as opposed to last years QB who was a straight up pocket passer.

If Alcoa wants to win they will have to score early like they did last year and score most of their points in the 1st half. McCallie size will be the diff in the 4th Qtr.

Good Luck to Alcoa but I don't think the boys in blue will over look the little 2A school this year.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Alcoa wants to win they will have to score early like they did last year and score most of their points in the 1st half. McCallie size will be the diff in the 4th Qtr.

Good Luck to Alcoa but I don't think the boys in blue will over look the little 2A school this year.

All valid points. I agree.

"and like 82-2 in the games they actually did play over last 6 years."

Such a record would be a lot more impressive if Maryville's schedule was a little tougher. With few exceptions, the teams on their schedule seem to have losing records.

Nobody really cares if you are impressed and maybe this years schedule of opponets is alittle off, but rest assured 3-4A has been the toughest region in the state the past 6 years. Winning 14-15 games a year is not an easy task for any HS team.

The game in the thread is Alcoa vs. McCallie.

I think this is Alcoa's third and last loss this year save for the 2A State Game. Can't pick that yet. Good luck to both teams and I would like to see Alcoa win, but I don't think they will be able too this year vs. the private school from Chattanooooooooooggy!

I agree FBE, RWA must be a rookie cause 3 4a is the most legit region around, Central doesnt have a losing record the last 6 years nor does Halls and Powell, maybe even West not sure about that one maybe someone could help out there. But Maryville makes everyone look bad in that region cause there so good! Alcoa wins this one though by 6!

Just an interesting observation for the McCallie vs Alcoa game:

Aug 25th - Alcoa lost @ Maryville 17-14.

Sept 8th - McCallie won @ Powell 31-6

Sept 15th - Maryville won @ Powell 45-7

Thats back-to-back weeks at the same field against the same team.

To me it looks like Maryville offensively might be a better team than McCallie?

Alcoa *might* give McCallie all they want @ Alcoa's Goddard field! thumb[1].gif

DI - 2A Public school -vs DII 3A Privite school......got love Alcoa's heart to play up!

Just an interesting observation for the McCallie vs Alcoa game:

Aug 25th - Alcoa lost @ Maryville 17-14.

Sept 8th - McCallie won @ Powell 31-6

Sept 15th - Maryville won @ Powell 45-7

Thats back-to-back weeks at the same field against the same team.

To me it looks like Maryville offensively might be a better team than McCallie?

Alcoa *might* give McCallie all they want @ Alcoa's Goddard field! thumb[1].gif

DI - 2A Public school -vs DII 3A Privite school......got love Alcoa's heart to play up!

Doubt if the margin of victory over Powell is predictive but agree props to Alcoa for voluntarily playing a very competitive schedule.