Best stadium to play in east Tennessee

sportsfan23

Unless they have built new ones in the last two or three years since I was there, Alcoa's visitors stands aren't all that, either. It's easy to point fingers, but sometimes we need to look in our own glass house first.

You enter the visitor's locker room at Maryville behind the home stands, which may be why the team ended up there? Like I said, very few stadiums, and especially older facilities, have large locker rooms for visitors. It's just part of having the home field advantage. You might be surprised how small visitors locker rooms are in some of the SEC stadiums, too, including in our own Neyland Stadium. That's just part of going on the road.

As for restrooms on the visiting side at Maryville, if you are looking at the field, go to the right and past the concession stand in the Don Story complex. There are very nice restrooms there.

Hey, I never said our visiting stands were that great. I never even said that our stadium was one of the tops in E.Tn, either. I've been on our visiting stands, but not during a ballgame, so I'm not one to comment on ours.

Thanks for the tour of Murvul's stadium! Next time I'm there I'll know where to go to the bathroom if I need to!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when does anyone want to cater to the visiting team. Most teams have more than adequate locker rooms for the home team. Who cares if the oppenent is comfortable. If you haven't noticed or been there Neyland Stadium's visitor locker room is no 5 star resort. It's not like they school systems are gonna build these fancy visitor locker rooms for every stadium in thier district. Most were adequate for the time they were built. Besides you don't want your opponent feeling more at home at your stadium than you. Most visiting teams playing at Maryville will have the players sit outside on the hill behind the stadium just to give them space and cool off. It is small but most are.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

The best stadium in all of TN to play in has gotta be the PIT of Lincoln Co.. Get a big time game like a Riverdale game. Wow that is the greatest every. Was in the game a few yrs. ago when Riverdale came to town and wow there wasnt even standing room the fans were going crazy you couldnt hear anything the QB's were saying had to watch the football thats forsure. If any1 has bother to read any high school magizines LC ranks in the top 10 for fields across the NATION.

Hey, I never said our visiting stands were that great. I never even said that our stadium was one of the tops in E.Tn, either. I've been on our visiting stands, but not during a ballgame, so I'm not one to comment on ours.

Thanks for the tour of Murvul's stadium! Next time I'm there I'll know where to go to the bathroom if I need to!

hey they got that good govt cheese on the nachos to <_< .any place that supports the kids playin' will always make for a great atmosphere for high school football.

I would guess that Dobyns-Bennett has the best stadium and atmosphere. I've not been there but I've heard plenty about it. I have been and played at Blankenship Field and it has one of the greatest atmosphere's, but the condition of the stadium is not that great. As for stadium condition, I've not been back home to Farragut in a while, but our stadium (Clabo Field) used to be pretty good at least as far as it's condition. The atmosphere however is not nearly as good as OR's Blankenship or Dobyns-Bennett unless it is an ultra big game. There are exceptions however, because I do know that in 1981 for the Oak Ridge game (one of the few that Farragut has won) there were over 10,000 packed into and around Farragut's stadium.

Unless they have built new ones in the last two or three years since I was there, Alcoa's visitors stands aren't all that, either. It's easy to point fingers, but sometimes we need to look in our own glass house first.

You enter the visitor's locker room at Maryville behind the home stands, which may be why the team ended up there? Like I said, very few stadiums, and especially older facilities, have large locker rooms for visitors. It's just part of having the home field advantage. You might be surprised how small visitors locker rooms are in some of the SEC stadiums, too, including in our own Neyland Stadium. That's just part of going on the road.

As for restrooms on the visiting side at Maryville, if you are looking at the field, go to the right and past the concession stand in the Don Story complex. There are very nice restrooms there.

I do believe Alcoa's visitor's side is bigger than Maryville's. I just think the Reb's should extend their visitor seats from one end of the field to the other end!