JPII VS MBA?

Knightime

I agree MBA has had some great seasons and Rutledge is a great coach and so is Brothers, there is no reason to nor do I think anyone has mentioned replacing either of them. You must also understand that most all HS football teams have unrealistic expectations. Dont all football fans deep down, live by the Creed "Winning isnt everything its the only thing"

What I want to know is who can turn it around for this game?

Rutledge has the experience of the old Pro, and he did have some depth until all the injuries. Brothers has the Passion / Frustration of building a program and has most of the same players he had last year.

Which Coach has the ability to take their sows ear defense and make it into the silk purse and make the final push into the PLAYOFFS? Or do we end up with a JV Basketball Game score JPII 56--MBA 54.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MBA has a losing season, Rutledge's job might be in jeopardy. The team hasnt me expectations the past three years. I think this may be a situation that needs to be addressed.

That's a joke, isn't it? This is the toughest league top to bottom with schools with relatively small pools of students to draw from. The difference between a championship season and a losing season might be injuries to a few key players. If Rutledge's job description has been changed to "must win championship every year", you have a valid point. Othewise, you're suffering from irrational exuberance.

Edited by uncfan13

To win championships in high school football you need a different type of QB than you need in the NFL. In the NFL you need a QB than does not get you beat and has the ability to get all of the players in the correct position. In high school you need a QB than can place the team on his back and lead them to a championship. Martin and Fisher were big, strong, fast and had great leadership qualities. Martin and Fisher were so fast and strong that they could win the game with their legs if needed. MBA had a good run but that run is probably over for a few years unless they go out and get some very talented players. Ricky Bowers took MBA to a different level than they had ever been before and I look for him to do the same thing with Ensworth.

That's a joke, isn't it? This is the toughest league top to bottom with schools with relatively small pools of students to draw from. The difference between a championship season and a losing season might be injuries to a few key players. If Rutledge's job description has been changed to "must win championship every year", you have a valid point. Othewise, you're suffering from irrational exuberance.

Small pools to draw from?? Your whole school is nothing but guys, and you can recruit.

I've been following MBA football since '70. By season's end, the '75 team had a similar injury situation, but I can't recall anything as bad as this at this point in the season.

It's a question and not an accusation: is there any chance that the injury situation is related to the installation of the new turf?

EVERY team has injuries, however you cant use that as an excuse.

A quick note...the game is being played on Thursday night instead of Friday due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah. I have a lot of respect for these two teams for changing their schedules. I hope every other school in Nashville follows their example. On another note, I'll be attending my first MBA game in over two years. Roll Red.

EVERY team has injuries, however you cant use that as an excuse.

Every team doesn't lose a senior starting QB, senior starting TB/ backup QB, Sophomore 3rd team QB, 2 starting receivers, sophomore backup running back. Add the fact that last year's backup QB transferred and that leaves a problem situation. That being said MBA is still plenty capable of beating JPII or any other team they play, but to act as if this team is currently playing the same level they could be with a healthy squad or that they are playing like MBA teams of the recent past is short sited. One thing is for certain, this group will rely on a total team effort to win and that could make a world of difference for them.

Well...back to the winner of this game....

MBA wins because they are a team, unlike JPII...which is one player no matter what anyone says

MBA-24

Pope-21(All three by Golden Tate)

MBA has been hit hard by the injury bug, sure hope that its over. I still pick MBA to win. They just need to hold Tate to under 2 TD's.

What's the update on Bennett?

Every team doesn't lose a senior starting QB, senior starting TB/ backup QB, Sophomore 3rd team QB, 2 starting receivers, sophomore backup running back. Add the fact that last year's backup QB transferred and that leaves a problem situation. That being said MBA is still plenty capable of beating JPII or any other team they play, but to act as if this team is currently playing the same level they could be with a healthy squad or that they are playing like MBA teams of the recent past is short sited. One thing is for certain, this group will rely on a total team effort to win and that could make a world of difference for them.

good thing the turf is working out well for MBA

A quick note...the game is being played on Thursday night instead of Friday due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah. I have a lot of respect for these two teams for changing their schedules. I hope every other school in Nashville follows their example. On another note, I'll be attending my first MBA game in over two years. Roll Red.

Aintskeered--are you at Michigan right now, class of '08?