DB VS Tenn High

Contender

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the "Game of The Year" for Tennessee High. If they beat DB it will make their season. Same as it was with South, except the Vikings are a much better team than South. Neither has a Chinnamans chance of beating Maryville, Mo. West, or Knox Central. So they know this is the game that makes or breaks them.

Hey, will the South Cheerleaders be on the Vikings side line for this game????

I would prefer Tennessee to lose to DB and make it at least to the quarterfinals as opposed to beating DB and losing in the first round of the playoffs like they did in '97.

What you better wish for is that Mayville never takes the leap up to 5A, or you can kiss that yearly honorary #1 ranking goodbye! And as fare as Mo West is concerned…we will see!!! Knox Central never makes it far enough to play us. You keep forgetting what I said before...no doubt this would be a nice trophy to put on the mantel...but seriously...YOU”RE JUST DB TO US. They always rank you guys up high in the rankings out of respect. I think you were ranked #1 last year at one point. It's easy to talk trash to us here in N.E.T. but will we ever really see you be #1!!!! Why don't you (for once) live up to expectation?!! Talk is cheep…and obviously so are rankings.

Sorry Art but he started it. :ph34r:

Here's a strange post. He answers the "trash talk" and "cheep talk" with "trash talk" and "cheep talk".

And why is he appoligizing to Art?

Please explain the "Respect" comment and how you think DB got it.

But the real discussion is about this game Friday night. You DB haters always fall back on the "no state championships" thing. I guess when you can only beat a team 1 time ever 20 years or so you got to fall back on something.

Here's a strange post. He answers the "trash talk" and "cheep talk" with "trash talk" and "cheep talk".

And why is he appoligizing to Art?

Please explain the "Respect" comment and how you think DB got it.

But the real discussion is about this game Friday night. You DB haters always fall back on the "no state championships" thing. I guess when you can only beat a team 1 time ever 20 years or so you got to fall back on something.

How many times have we played in the last 20 years...3..4..5 times?

And how DB got there respect, they have 1st class program one of the best in the state. with alot of players going to the next level and beyond that even.

DB has a great history of football, But so does THS. so equal respect all around I would say.

Why do people always have to bring up the no championship discussion? Thats twice already in this thread... Oh no DB has never won a state championship in the playoff system... they better stop thinking that they are going to win their regular season games against smaller division regional teams... cause clearly not winning a 5A state championship somehow makes them a inferior to these teams... infact why dont they just shut down their football program cause apparently usually winning 10+ games a season isnt success enough for our oppositions fans...

Why do people always have to bring up the no championship discussion? Thats twice already in this thread... Oh no DB has never won a state championship in the playoff system... they better stop thinking that they are going to win their regular season games against smaller division regional teams... cause clearly not winning a 5A state championship somehow makes them a inferior to these teams... infact why dont they just shut down their football program cause apparently usually winning 10+ games a season isnt success enough for our oppositions fans...

It gets brought up because anytime DB beats a team people think will give them a game in this area, DB fans rub it in and remind everyone about how they have more wins than any school in the state and how great a tradition they have. Well if your school is around 100 years and no other school in this area is even close to being that old then of course you are going to have a lot of tradition and more wins.

Don't get me wrong, this DB team is nasty. They can score on you every which way on offense and the defense is awesome. And they have a great shot at winning the state this year. But championships are what defines great teams. With the type of talent, student enrollment and fan and booster support DB should have some states titles. Its a fair question.

That being said DB probably wins this game easily. Nobody in this area can match up with them athlete for athlete. DB can find a weakness in a team whereas they don't have many.

This is the "Game of The Year" for Tennessee High. If they beat DB it will make their season. Same as it was with South, except the Vikings are a much better team than South. Neither has a Chinnamans chance of beating Maryville, Mo. West, or Knox Central. So they know this is the game that makes or breaks them.

Hey, will the South Cheerleaders be on the Vikings side line for this game????

WaCo, WaCo, WaCo. One game does not a season make. Sure we want to beat the mighty D-B, just like everyother team in the state wants to beat you. But to say this game makes or breaks our season is like saying as long as D-B goes undefeated again in the regular season, that makes their year. Another first round playoff loss doesn't matter.

If the Vikings were to beat the Indians in a non-conference game, then turn around and loose to the Rebels next week in a game that will probably decide the MLC, how great would the victory really be? Or lets just go ahead and get real crazy here. What if the Vikings were to beat D-B, run the table the rest of the regular season and then pull an Indian in the playoffs, how would the season be made? Come on man, if were talking back in the day before the T$$AA playoff$, then yeah a win over D-B would make the Vikings season. But there is a bigger picture to look at.

And remember, there is always a chance. That's why you play the game.

Its hard for 4A to not only beat a 5A but to keep the game close with a 5A. Last year's South n DB game was a great def of "High School Football" in which South had a chance 2 win n shoulda won by fumblin @ the last min. But DB also had the ball on Souths 1-yd line n fumbled it back 2 South. Tha was the best high school game in quite sum time. South was up last yr n DB was not much but a lil down from prev yrs. Both DB and TN High have improved this yr n I expect a good game (Im hoping). Do u pay @ the gate or is it one of those '04 East game deals. Im sure were lookin @ standin room only, but wuts an estimated crowd expected? Wut holds more J. Fred or the Castle? Both of em are my top 2 stad in the area. I also like South n G-ville, even though I have just seen it on tv. From wut I hear MO West has a nice stad. I dont lk Volunteer or Cherokee, cuz they just have 1 side of stands.