Silverdale at Sequatchie Co.

BigDogBaller

This post caught my attention because it sounds like IOWNYOU is saing that there is a lawful way to break the rules. It is very clear in the tssaa handbook that you can not recruit under any circumstances, yes you are right about sitting out a year when you transfer to another school, but that does not pertain to recruiting rules and thus by sitting out a year makes it ok to recruit and making the player eligible just by sitting out a year. You also said that Coach Allen can't help if the kids call him and he simply as "you put it answers questions about what to do if you want to play here", by the tssaa rules the only thing that Coach Allen can do when they call is tell them he can not talk with them until they have come through admissions office. The tssaa handbook is very clear about recruiting, and players found to have had undue influenceon put on them to come to a particular school, shall cause that student to be ineligible no matter how long he or she sit's out and a penalty shall be placed against the school. Now to the real heart of why this is being talked about so much is because of the rumors that are out there about Coach Allen since he has become the head coach at Siverdale and the name he earned at Lakeview as the recruiter. Why would he leave Lakeview after building them up in 4 years, it may be because the same thing was going on there and he had to leave. I do not think it is a coincidence that he has 10 new players this year and 6 or 7 of them are ineligible and there is talk that he has been seen at a public feeder schools inquiring of kids. Again the tssaa handbook is very clear about coaches of private schools contacting kids of any public feeder school for any reason even if they are trying to go under the cover the FCA. It wiil be a shame if all of this is found to be true and it comes out and it damages the name of the Siverdale school, and I don't think as you put it that Coach Allen should be looking for loopholes and trying to skirt the rules as you said "knowing how the game is played", remember this a Christian school and they should up hold that name.

Edited by T N T

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post caught my attention because it sounds like IOWNYOU is saing that there is a lawful way to break the rules. It is very clear in the tssaa handbook that you can not recruit under any circumstances, yes you are right about sitting out a year when you transfer to another school, but that does not pertain to recruiting rules and thus by sitting out a year makes it ok to recruit and making the player eligible just by sitting out a year. You also said that Coach Allen can't help if the kids call him and he simply as "you put it answers questions about what to do if you want to play here", by the tssaa rules the only thing that Coach Allen can do when they call is tell them he can not talk with them until they have come through admissions office. The tssaa handbook is very clear about recruiting, and players found to have had undue influenceon put on them to come to a particular school, shall cause that student to be ineligible no matter how long he or she sit's out and a penalty shall be placed against the school. Now to the real heart of why this is being talked about so much is because of the rumors that are out there about Coach Allen since he has become the head coach at Siverdale and the name he earned at Lakeview as the recruiter. Why would he leave Lakeview after building them up in 4 years, it may be because the same thing was going on there and he had to leave. I do not think it is a coincidence that he has 10 new players this year and 6 or 7 of them are ineligible and there is talk that he has been seen at several public feeder schools inquiring of kids. Again the tssaa handbook is very clear about coaches of private schools contacting kids of any public feeder school for any reason even if they are trying to go under the cover the FCA. It wiil be a shame if all of this is found to be true and it comes out and it damages the name of the Siverdale school, and I don't think as you put it that Coach Allen should be looking for loopholes and trying to skirt the rules as you said "knowing how the game is played", remember this a Christian school and they should up hold that name.

Welcome to the boards T N T and great first post! I concur.

The following is my quote from last week when silverrecruite played LV. I still think it applies. By the way, rumor has it that TSSAA has already been notified about Silverrecruite and an investigation has begun. You know, we would not even talk about Silverrecruite if they were playing in Division II with Brainerd Academy. Hats off to Brainerd Academy for playing by the rules.

"Coach Allen coaches, he is not a miracle worker, a recruiter, yes, but not a miracle worker. He's a good coach, don't get me wrong, but you can't expect him to work miracles or he would be coaching at a Church of God school, not Baptist. Unless some new players just enrolled in that school, maybe transferring from Bradley or LFO, Silver aint got a "prayer". Sequatchie WINS!

I just wanted to tip my hat so to speak on these last couple of posts and what a way to come on to the board for your first post.T N T that suites you just right you exploded on the scene. I couldnt agree more. I do think silverdale has a chance in the game tonight. :DB)

Edited by Farmboy1

Temple-much more explosive on offense, defenses about equal but Seq was missing their main playmaker this week (and last), played against Temple and had 200 allpurpose yards. Silverdale looked strong between the tackles on defense, strong noseguard that caused problems. Silverdale probably has more depth, whether it's quality depth, who knows.

No one wanted to believe me when I said Silverdale would win....Sequatchie is too young and inexperienced...I doubt they win a game this year...

I think you could be/will be right. :blink: I just hope the players stick it out because if you go by tonights starting lineup they should return 8 or 9 players on offense and 7 or 8 on defense for next years team.

Someone might say how can they have that much returning and not win a game this season its just because they are Freshmen & Sophmores this year.

I think you could be/will be right. :unsure: I just hope the players stick it out because if you go by tonights starting lineup they should return 8 or 9 players on offense and 7 or 8 on defense for next years team.

Someone might say how can they have that much returning and not win a game this season its just because they are Freshmen & Sophmores this year.

Congratulations to the boys from Silverdale for a big win.even though sequatchie is havin down year,this is still a big milestone for silverdale.i hope all you guys out there on this thread that were hating on silverdale and coach allen are enjoying eatin your words right now.good luck to sequatchie and SBA as they finish out their seasons.

I think you could be/will be right. :o I just hope the players stick it out because if you go by tonights starting lineup they should return 8 or 9 players on offense and 7 or 8 on defense for next years team.

You are witnessing the begining of the end, freshmen and sophmores not much better. Sequatchie will not have a wining season again for at least 4 or 5 years. Will they stick with Coach that long? 3 straight losses to Bledsoe, and it's over. But I've already told you that.

BuzzKill aka BCWarriorhead.