Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

Good to hear from you RedPride! I would have to say that under most circumstances what you say is true. A team that wants it more doesn't always win, probably rarely wins. But in this case, it was true. Munford came out and got a taste of it, knowing that they could actually play with us, and went in for the kill. Like wingman said they did what they had to do to win the game. They played with more intensity than we did and it showed up on the scoreboard. I hope we learn from this one, as I know we will.

You will have to explain this one to the YANKER. Why would Munford's players and coaches want it MORE than the players and coaches from HC? How is that possible? I think when people use this as an explanation it is because they do not know what to say so they use this rationale. Having played the game, how could HC's players and coaches NOT want this game as much as possible? Did you look out on the field and recognize that HC did not want this game badly enough? The YANKER thinks this is ridiclous!! NS beat JCM but I doubt their players and coaches wanted it MORE!!! If a player fumbles, throws a pick, misses a block...does he not want "IT" as much as the guy who recovered the fumble, intercepted the pass, or made the tackle??? That is a foolish assessment...the YANKER will NEVER believe that!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I responded to my young Cephus friend but "Patriotpride" actually said this and Cephus agreed. To you "Patriotpride", I think that is garbage...the idea that because you made mistakes...some you thought to be silly...means you did not want it as much as the team who won. If we go by mistakes...silly or not...JCM has not wanted a game all year as much as our opponent...and that is bull!!!!! The YANKER made mistakes as a player but I can assure you that it was not because I wanted "IT" less than the team or specific player who benefitted from my mistake!!!!! This may be the most ridiculous thing the YANKER has read on here in a while. The idea that some fan in the stands can determine that the HC players and coaches did not want "IT" as badly as Munford is totally ridiculous!!! JCM will want "IT" as much as HC when we come up there but if we do not start playing better as a team, then it will not matter. If you really think the HC coaches and players did not want to win this game as badly as Munford...a game that was probably for the region title...then fire your coaches and kick all of the players off of the team!!! That sounds foolish...just as foolish as the original premise that Munford wanted "IT" more than HC!!!!! The YANKER is fired up over this one because I have heard this garbage before and it stinks now just like it did when I heard it the first time!!!!! It is too simplistic and it is foolish!!!!!

I know I responded to my young Cephus friend but "Patriotpride" actually said this and Cephus agreed. To you "Patriotpride", I think that is garbage...the idea that because you made mistakes...some you thought to be silly...means you did not want it as much as the team who won. If we go by mistakes...silly or not...JCM has not wanted a game all year as much as our opponent...and that is bull!!!!! The YANKER made mistakes as a player but I can assure you that it was not because I wanted "IT" less than the team or specific player who benefitted from my mistake!!!!! This may be the most ridiculous thing the YANKER has read on here in a while. The idea that some fan in the stands can determine that the HC players and coaches did not want "IT" as badly as Munford is totally ridiculous!!! JCM will want "IT" as much as HC when we come up there but if we do not start playing better as a team, then it will not matter. If you really think the HC coaches and players did not want to win this game as badly as Munford...a game that was probably for the region title...then fire your coaches and kick all of the players off of the team!!! That sounds foolish...just as foolish as the original premise that Munford wanted "IT" more than HC!!!!! The YANKER is fired up over this one because I have heard this garbage before and it stinks now just like it did when I heard it the first time!!!!! It is too simplistic and it is foolish!!!!!

Well put, as a player i can tell you that we wanted it just as much if not more than they did. W just did not take care of business when we needed to.

I agree that "wanted it more" is to simplistic a statement. As I wrote earlier both teams missed chances to take control of the game early. Munford had an interception on a pass that was late, missed open receivers, missed big runs because of missed blocks or not handling the pitch cleanly but that's the game we love. Strive for the nearly impossible "perfection". How do you think the region will play out?

I agree that "wanted it more" is to simplistic a statement. As I wrote earlier both teams missed chances to take control of the game early. Munford had an interception on a pass that was late, missed open receivers, missed big runs because of missed blocks or not handling the pitch cleanly but that's the game we love. Strive for the nearly impossible "perfection". How do you think the region will play out?

The YANKER thinks the battle for first is over unless you all undergo a monumental collapse. Second place will be determined among JCM-HC-NS and we will not know until week ten.

Munford first

Hopefully HC second

Beyond that, I think there will be lots of ties.

Although there have been some heartbreaking games, isn't it great to have such a strong region that anyone can win at anytime? There are no weak teams in our region.

I will respond to this later when I have more time. But for now I will say it is amazing how incredibly stupid you are and if your ALMIGHTY Cougars were worth even talking about you wouldn't even be on this thread. I'll be back later, gotta run for now.

Munford first

Hopefully HC second

Beyond that, I think there will be lots of ties.

Although there have been some heartbreaking games, isn't it great to have such a strong region that anyone can win at anytime? There are no weak teams in our region.

Get ready region 7, I think unless your fourth you'll be playing in the second round. With the decline of Memphis East, Melrose is year in year out the only strong team able to make a run and they have problems this year. The last several games they have had trouble scoring, however their defense is still great, they have been winning most of their games in low scoring contest. This year region 8 was over before it began. Melrose has no competion in it's region and if they are down, even a little, they may not last past the second round, making a region 7 third round rematch.

I will respond to this later when I have more time. But for now I will say it is amazing how incredibly stupid you are and if your ALMIGHTY Cougars were worth even talking about you wouldn't even be on this thread. I'll be back later, gotta run for now.

The YANKER will not say that you are stupid my "prideless" friend. This is not about JCM or HC or Munford...it is about the idea that you, or anyone, can sit in the stands and make a determination about which team wanted to win the most. That is ridiculous!!!!! The team that makes "silly" mistakes does not want to win as much as the other team??? That is ridiculous!!! I have heard that garbage for years...about JCM when I played...about JCM now...about HC versus Munford. If you can sit in the stands and figure out which team wants "IT" the most, then you may be the smartest person on the face of the earth. And since the YANKER reserves that position for myself, then that is impossible!!!!! The YANKER talks about FOOTBALL...my Cougars...your Patriots...etc...Since you do not think the Cougars are worth talking about then it is simple for you...do not talk about them!!! But the YANKER will!!!

Get ready region 7, I think unless your fourth you'll be playing in the second round. With the decline of Memphis East, Melrose is year in year out the only strong team able to make a run and they have problems this year. The last several games they have had trouble scoring, however their defense is still great, they have been winning most of their games in low scoring contest. This year region 8 was over before it began. Melrose has no competion in it's region and if they are down, even a little, they may not last past the second round, making a region 7 third round rematch.

Does that mean HC and Munford could meet agian in the third round?

Well put, as a player i can tell you that we wanted it just as much if not more than they did. W just did not take care of business when we needed to.

This is correct. "Wanting it more" is another way of saying "I don't know what to say" when a loss comes. I know you wanted it bad 57, I hate that you guys didn't get it.

You are mature beyond your years my young "Crocksman"!!!

Yanker, you and I agree on this one. The statement from Patriotpride that I am agreeing with is that Munford played with an intensity (one might say loosely 'wanting it more') during the 3rd quarter that HC did not have, thus sealing their fate. I hate losing just as bad as anybody. So lets just stop talking about it if you don't mind. Munford comes away with a huge victory, I am happy for them. And like RedPride has said, it is just great that we have a region full of quality teams wanting to lay it all on the line on Friday nights.