what team is averaging the most points

Geno

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the SP fans (coming from a Jo Byrns Fan)...it sounds to me like you guys feel like your not getting enough respect. You guys have about 20 threads going on right now trying to prove to people that you guys are a great team.

Just to let you know, Jo Byrns fans are well aware of you guys. We see the type of points you're putting up (and allowing) and it's impressive. You guys deserve some respect and I would say for the most part you're getting it when you look across the state.

Thanks. We appreciate that and hope we get to meet in the boro :lol: To me it is not about getting respect, we will earn that as we hit better teams, we are playing a pretty weak schedule. I just don't like being called classless when the teams of people saying that say their teams only put up 40 so that's OK. You guys and several other teams are putting up big numbers and I don't see a problem. I don't have a problem with a team scoring 50 or 60 on us if they can do it. It is our job to stop them and if we can't so be it. If you are a good team and that much better than most of your opponents you will post big numbers. I guess now that some of these guys see that we are only allowing 5.6 points a game will say we are classless for that and we need to let teams score more so they don't feel bad :lol:

That figure is sure to go up, they have played Maryville, McCallie and Fulton, all were or have been number 1. I figured out Alcoas stats for last year

729 Points= 48.6 PPG

While allowing 185 or around there and a PPG of 12.3.

Here are some random stats for Alcoa last year

PPG vs region opponents during season 54.66, points allowed 7.83

PPG vs region opponents playoffs included 52.72, points allowed 8.93

That was last year, I expect some explosivness and high scores from the offense, and would not be surprised if they are averaging 45 ppg going into the playoffs.

Alcoa this year vs region opponents 52.5 PPG and allowing 7 PPG.

Against all opponents alcoa has allowed 15.2, not bad considering opponents.

Edited by mcwrestler

South Pitt is the best team in the state; no, scrath that. They're the best team in the nation. No wait, even better: in the WHOLE COUNTRY! They're so good they could beat DB, TC, FC, Alcoa, AND Goodpasture all in one game. They could even beat an NFL team; especially the Titans :lol: Their running back and their quarterback are both 6'9, 290 and are going to participate in the combine in '07. They will go undefeated and win the state tournament with their eyes shut. Did I cover everything.......

Well I do agree I dont like to see the score ran up at all.. but what Bledsoe coach's did well paybacks a bi****... But for all the people that still say spitt is running up the score , if you have truley came to a game and watched it I dont believe you would say that. Talent Talent Talent. When you 2nd 3rd 4th team running backs score is that running up the score? NO.. All I ask is come watch them play , You wont think its running up the score with that deep of talent... But if you keep making comments cause you see the score 58- 0 well Assuming is what i call it.... how is it with all the shut outs? are the other teams just not playing there starter's? no. spitt is just that good... and for what i see 3 or 4 years to come.. but look at the history since the first state championship game in 69 spitt is always around. and when u have 230 people in your school, I applaud the Coach's for what they have done . even if I havnt always agreed with them.. show me 1 other team with year end and out 35 or so players on a team That does that well year in and year out... Ill show you Class!!!!!

Trousdale County and Gordonsville, and I think FCS is towards the top of the ladder to stay. No other region can boast even 2 teams year in and out that can be competitors.

By somebody in region 4 I guess or else you wouldn't have a chip on your shoulder towards high scoring teams. Who is your team?

When you can score 40 or so in the first half that ain't running it up. The first teamers have to play 2 1/2 - 3 qtrs so they are ready for when you do get a tough team. The average is 48.8 but we will have games (and had Boyd) where we score a lot less. I doubt we score 48 on MC and I'm sure when we get to the playoffs there won't be many teams we will beat by 48. This thread is who is averaging the most points :lol:

His team is Gordonsville

Gordonsville is averaging 35 points a game, but their toughest games are yet to come.

You guys know this was comming..."Defense wins Championships". Gallatin is tops in the state allowing 2.8 points/game (14 total). Since this seems to be a SP thread (1A), Fayette Academy is tops in the state (for 1A) allowing only 4.67 points/game.

Jo Byrns has allowed only 33 pts this year in 5 games, for a an average of 6.6 pts a game. Out of those points 13 are because of special teams, 7 because of an INT for a TD, and 6 given up by the 2 team D. Jo Byrns's D has only allowed one legit TD all year, and that was to Eagleville in the second half. Jo Byrns D, is very good this year. Offense is also averaging over 36 pts a game.

Jo Byrns has allowed only 33 pts this year in 5 games, for a an average of 6.6 pts a game. Out of those points 13 are because of special teams, 7 because of an INT for a TD, and 6 given up by the 2 team D. Jo Byrns's D has only allowed one legit TD all year, and that was to Eagleville in the second half. Jo Byrns D, is very good this year. Offense is also averaging over 36 pts a game.

THIRTEEN POINTS BECAUSE OF SPECIAL TEAMS?? wow... in only five games thirteen points because of special teams... that is clearly not a focus of practice at Jo Byrns.