Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

Some think WB has an advantage on paper? Really. 0-12 all-time. OR's QB being out is huge but WB does not have a passing game with the starter in the game. This makes this a smash mouth, up the middle one dimensional game for both teams. I think Bingham and Helton of OR are better backs than Walker and Baskin are and the ole' Wang-Tea WB's Meadows uses is not very effective. OR is hurt because Coach SS likes to throw the skin about 1/3rd of the time, and I am not sure it would be as effective with a first time starter under center.

I see a low scoring game and another un-happy ending for the gov's.

OR 17

WB 6 (Two Field Goals)

I see the game being decided on the final drive like all WB games (with the exception of vs the local college team across town). One team will win (that's for certain) but it will be by less than 7 points.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with 24-21 WB

I've seen the 2 WB RB's at Ooltewah and (game and WB sour grapes aside) With OR losing QB for season I'm going WB by 14 in this one. Just hope WB can get a rematch with Owls so they can get the true 45-14 shellacking they should have got without turnovers, penalties etc.

I've seen the 2 WB RB's at Ooltewah and (game and WB sour grapes aside) With OR losing QB for season I'm going WB by 14 in this one. Just hope WB can get a rematch with Owls so they can get the true 45-14 shellacking they should have got without turnovers, penalties etc.

Yeah ... denlron, those penalties really worked against you guys. Be careful what you wish for ... remember, this time (if it ever happens) even if we come to your place ... it won't be "your" officials--it will be a crew from an outside region. It's wrong to look forward I know ... BUT ... if it happened, I figure with fair officiating, our qb having several more games under his belt (Ooltewah was his first game), and WB have the services of some key players they didn't have in the earlier match-up they would be favored to win.

But that's all 'candy and nuts' ... we've got to try to figure out how to maybe beat OR for the first time ever. No way you can favor the Govs, not matter who OR has missing. We HAVE to prove ourselves.

As far as the statement about OR's backs being better than WB's. If they are, that's saying a bunch. Last week, vs Farragut, was the first game we've played that I thought we saw a better back than Darren Walker. If OR's is better, he's gotta be a hoss.

Yeah ... denlron, those penalties really worked against you guys. Be careful what you wish for ... remember, this time (if it ever happens) even if we come to your place ... it won't be "your" officials--it will be a crew from an outside region. It's wrong to look forward I know ... BUT ... if it happened, I figure with fair officiating, our qb having several more games under his belt (Ooltewah was his first game), and WB have the services of some key players they didn't have in the earlier match-up they would be favored to win.

But that's all 'candy and nuts' ... we've got to try to figure out how to maybe beat OR for the first time ever. No way you can favor the Govs, not matter who OR has missing. We HAVE to prove ourselves.

As far as the statement about OR's backs being better than WB's. If they are, that's saying a bunch. Last week, vs Farragut, was the first game we've played that I thought we saw a better back than Darren Walker. If OR's is better, he's gotta be a hoss.

Yes Gov but remember Owls fumbled a punt on 13 leading to a quick wb TD and Owls (one of the 3) had a pass called back for a block in the back that went from mid field to the 5. Don't care who else plays Owls will bring it. WB was lucky to be in the position they were in at the end of game.

Govman, I am so amazed by your posts week in and week out. I think you probably are a nice guy. You have to be the biggest fan of any team I have ever seen. So you think Ooltewah is not getting better? ONLY the mighty Govs are getting better.What you say is never logical. One thing you said is right. You have to prove yourself. Maybe you will this week. All I hear is about how great the GOVS are. Who have you beaten? I know you AlMOST beat Ooltewah and Farragut and now that OR's QB is hurt many GOV posters on here are talking about when they get to play the OWLS again. Good luck cause I know you think youll go far in the playoffs. I wouldn't bet you make it past DB and yes I bet you are going to be there the first game. That is if you beat a fired up Mcminn team. Listen to yourself. You figure WB would be favored to win against the Owls? Maybe in Billy Blount world. You are a trip! If the Owls lose to OR and Farragut which I don't expect them to lose to both. They will have still won more than the GOVS including beating them. And you figure they would be the underdog team? And ETCOACH says I don't know HS football. :lol: And

LOL.........you just lost all my respect regarding your football knowledge Govman. Tank Baker is a much better back than Walker. Walker is a nice back but not even in the same league as Tank. Hope you guys win.....good luck

Edited by MLREB

See it isn't just me :lol:

LOL.........you just lost all my respect regarding your football knowledge Govman. Tank Baker is five times the back versus Walker. Seriously.....what the heck is wrong with the WB fans? It's becoming more and more pathetic every week. Hope you guys win.....good luck