Milan must forfeit five games

CoachT

Now the t$$aa ruled him eligible aug 18th the ineligible oct. 5th. My understanding is he was ruled ineligible because they still had a phone line at the old house. Coach Morris has been open with the t$$aa the whole time, he wasn't trying to hide something. But like I said if we're wrong fine. We're a great program and will fight through the adversity. But what I do have a problem with is the way this all came about. Carter was at USJ at the same time he got one or two phone calls which, he says he gets all the time but never acts on, but decided since he was over here in west tn he might as well just look into it. Just makes one wonder.

On the radio today Carter said they were having a meeting with area coaches and admiistrators. A workshop on rules.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember this I once saw a Melrose team with C. Wilson, Morehouse, Lott and many others have to forfeit 5 games. They just made the playoffs in the #4 spot and had to go on the road to Milan. The score of that game was I think 54-0 Melrose. maybe you can do the same thing. As for USJ turning someone in Please don't ever get mad because you got caught. People with high standards should be happy this was caught. So every thing was on the up and up. As for the player who got hurt ask yourself this . Why was a starter in the ballgame with 2 min to play up 27 to 0 . take a knee and end a ball game you know is out of control. Maybe scoring was more important. Just a Thought.

good luck to all.

Oh..I have no sympathy for the Milan administration. It`s my opinion that they were the ones who ultimately are to blame here. They are the ones who are supposed to be familiar with the TSSAA rules. Players and families come and then they are gone, but the administration at Milan..principal, AD, coaches...are the ones who are in charge. They are the ones who are being paid to know the rules.

I hate it for Milan`s fans. I hate it for the team. I especially hate it for the player because he can`t play now. I see most Milan fans are accepting what happened and moving on, but some are just too obsessed with USJ. If a rule has been broken, does it really matter who turns them in?

I could sit here and speculate and make the case that Milan was blatently cheating and hoping they could get by with it. I`d prefer to think though that the administration just fumbled the ball. I`d prefer to think that the players family simply thought all they needed was a Milan address. I`m sure a Milan address was all that he needed to attend MHS, but more is required by the TSSAA in order to be considered a legitimate transfer. I know the family and don`t think they would have gone through the trouble and expense that they did to try and set up a "legal" transfer if they knew it wasn`t adequate to be considered eligible.

Again..Milan pays folks to know these things. It`s their job to verify what is going on as to compliance. I`m sure they`ll be a bit more attentive next time a transfer situation occurs. The kid went to USJ all his life and pretty much lives across the street from the USJ campus. It`s not like no one would have noticed things. I`ve read a lot of posts on here accusing USJ of cheating in the past. I`ve even seen folks gloating over them getting penalized last year over what amounted to be a clerical error. USJ actually turned themselves in when it found out about it. Someone in the Milan administration needs to step up and take the blame. I`ll be interested to hear what the administrations comments are in the paper. I saw the other day that the principal said they are gonna do what`s in the best interest of MHS. They should have done that though back in August.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs. I`ll be rooting for them to do well. They have always been a great representative to West TN football. I feel for the fans and players. But those that want to blame USJ for this are just way off base. It reminds me of Alabama fans blaming UT for them getting caught cheating.

I also agree with this post. The school's administration needs to follow the rules from here on out and make sure this does not happen again. Although Milan has been penalized, they're not neccessarily down and out. Milan has always had a good football program. Good luck on the rest of season!

Now the t$$aa ruled him eligible aug 18th the ineligible oct. 5th. My understanding is he was ruled ineligible because they still had a phone line at the old house. Coach Morris has been open with the t$$aa the whole time, he wasn't trying to hide something. But like I said if we're wrong fine. We're a great program and will fight through the adversity. But what I do have a problem with is the way this all came about. Carter was at USJ at the same time he got one or two phone calls which, he says he gets all the time but never acts on, but decided since he was over here in west tn he might as well just look into it. Just makes one wonder.

Back in the late 90's, Northside High School baseball program was put on probation, I believe, for playing an ineligible player. It turns out Ronnie Carter was reading the boxscores from a spring break tournament in Nashville. He saw the player's name in the boxscore. Now the player was playing with the JV team but because the varsity team was playing elsewhere in another tournament and the tourney the player in question was participating in was not designated as a JV tourney, this was perceived as a violation. In the present situation, all Mr. Carter had to do was pick up a USJ telephone directory.

I agree with VolGen's post and it is the job of the school to make sure any player is in compliance with the rules.

The real victims are the hard working seniors on the Milan team who have to endure the rest of the season.

Also I don't care how a player or team is caught, breaking the rules is wrong. Individual responsibility reins supreme IMO.

On the radio today Carter said they were having a meeting with area coaches and admiistrators. A workshop on rules.

According to a friend of mine who attended the meetings, Ronnie Carter was at USJ holding a TSSAA rules session with coaches and administrators--middle school personnel in the morning, high school personnel in the afternoon.

Guest NoPainNoGain

Yea he was. Got a couple of random phone calls??? Never acts on them but he thought he might this time??? At USJ when it all started???

And, just conicdently, Mr. Carter's Son-In-Law is the School Adminstrator at USJ ?