Maryville didn't warn OR to wear helmets in press box

Ole Dad

Like I said before, the kids at W.B. are NOT the problem.

Some of the adults (?) from W.B. that threaten kids from the stands, whine with letters to the Mairvul Misprint, make remarks on tv broadcasts "because it's Maryville," and start a disturbance or an assault on someone in the pressbox are the problem. They are the ones really setting a fine example for the students at W.B. to follow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must of had some real thick WB glasses on in 99 , if you didn't see the Maryville fans and players being provoked .

Not any thicker than your MHS glasses, my friend ... not any thicker at all. :thumb:

BTW ... it wasn't "Maryville kids" that night in '99 ... it was grown ups. Of course, what happened to us at Ooltewah this year, couldn't have possibly been "as bad as we've said", could it? But we're to assume that that night in '99 was a complete robbery. It's a two-edged sword, ML ... the street runs both ways!!!

Not any thicker than your MHS glasses, my friend ... not any thicker at all. :thumb:

BTW ... it wasn't "Maryville kids" that night in '99 ... it was grown ups. Of course, what happened to us at Ooltewah this year, couldn't have possibly been "as bad as we've said", could it? But we're to assume that that night in '99 was a complete robbery. It's a two-edged sword, ML ... the street runs both ways!!!

Very well spoken. :thumb:

This sounds like a sad incident during a great football game. My question though is kind of in support of Mr Meadows, though I certainly do not condone his actions. Why did the radio personalities not apologize for making a comment and if they felt threatened leave the pressbox or ask someone to intervene? As far as a suspension I think that is a bit strong but maybe this gentlemen should not be allowed in the pressbox in that capacity. However, how many parents feel so defensive of their children that they are ready to fight anyone for them? Coach Meadows is a fine coach and good man, please do not continue to degrade his father on this website

Amazing and at the same time part of the problem!

"You said "Why did the radio personalities not apologize for making a comment".

Regardless of the comment it does not warrant assault. Say after some criminal hits you in the head, you apologize? Maybe the next time the angry man brings a weapon to the game then what if he finds something else he does not like?

You said 'As far as a suspension I think that is a bit strong". Really? I think jail is about right and maybe a law suit vs. the school for allowing this type of behavior to occur without penalty.

I'm sorry but we as a society are condoning to much lawless behavior around our schools and a person who violently assaults another person is not fit to be allowed on school grounds around kids. Around the country and right up in Campbell County an angry person on school grounds was not dealt with and guess what, we got a dead principle and two others shot a close range. No sir! Any type of violent behavior must be dealt with and the person should not be allowed on school grounds for a long time or maybe ever again in my opinion.

Let's not get off the subject by trying to continue to say the late hit by MHS's LB on WB's Tyler B. was something deliberate or deplorable because Maryville kids did not take a knee. The player was flagged and the team was penalized. Contrary to what the idiot said in the paper he was not out of bounds, speared with the helmet and not taking a knee is not some form of disrespect in my opinion. When Tyler was taken from the field he got a standing "O" from the Maryville stands and many prayers that he would be ok, which he was.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN AT OOLTEWAH> I WAS THERE BEFORE DURING AND AFTER> Do you really expect everyone to believe that it was Ooltewah? When has it happened at Ooltewah???? Govman WAKE UP! You are a nice guy. But THIS IS AND HAS BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A PROBLEM UNTIL SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT DID NOT HAPPEN AT OOLTEWAH> I WAS THERE BEFORE DURING AND AFTER> Do you really expect everyone to believe that it was Ooltewah? When has it happened at Ooltewah???? Govman WAKE UP! You are a nice guy. But THIS IS AND HAS BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A PROBLEM UNTIL SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovehsfootball,

Sorry. My statement was not meant to indict the Ooltewah program--if you've read my posts, I've never thrown mud at the Ooltewah players or coaches, only the refs. But, I just used that as an example to point out how so often, people only see the "splinter" in other people's eyes and never check out their own eyes. Didn't mean to bring the Owls into the frey.

What action has WB taken on this matter.

Ole Dad

Lovehsfootball,

Sorry. My statement was not meant to indict the Ooltewah program--if you've read my posts, I've never thrown mud at the Ooltewah players or coaches, only the refs. But, I just used that as an example to point out how so often, people only see the "splinter" in other people's eyes and never check out their own eyes. Didn't mean to bring the Owls into the frey.

What action has WB taken on this matter.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

The only action I am aware of at this time occurred at half-time of the game ... Mr. Meadows was told by the William Blount principal to leave the campus and Mr. Meadows complied.

I have complete confidence that Steve Lafon (principal) and Don Moore, Jr. (AD) will take the proper further action that is meritted by Mr. Meadows' actions. As I become aware of what they decide to do, I'll gladly share it here.

There are some parents and supporters who WILL NOT bury their heads in the sand, I assure you of that.

A good question to ask Mr. Clary and Mr. Monger is how they were treated during the evening by "everyone else" from W.B.

Good luck to the Cat's. We folks at WB will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way!!!

Gov,

I think all the reviews were positive other than that relating to this kook. It is a shame that this occured but the school should ensure it never happens again.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

The only action I am aware of at this time occurred at half-time of the game ... Mr. Meadows was told by the William Blount principal to leave the campus and Mr. Meadows complied.

I have complete confidence that Steve Lafon (principal) and Don Moore, Jr. (AD) will take the proper further action that is meritted by Mr. Meadows' actions. As I become aware of what they decide to do, I'll gladly share it here.

There are some parents and supporters who WILL NOT bury their heads in the sand, I assure you of that.

A good question to ask Mr. Clary and Mr. Monger is how they were treated during the evening by "everyone else" from W.B.

Good luck to the Cat's. We folks at WB will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way!!!

The difference between the 2 incidents are George Quarles and the Maryville fans let it go ( you brought up 99 ... not me ) in comparison , WB'S Coach did everything he could do to make the situation even worse ... he sure wasn't trying to play peacemaker after the Ooltewah game , then he rants in the paper about the refs ( great example to the kids ) , then he gets Upset after the Maryville game and tells Quarles he'll never play Maryville again .. then tries to do just that .... this is without even mentioning his dad , who apparently needs to be put on a leash after multiple confrontations .

I'm sorry if you or your family were mistreated by Maryville fans in 99 Govman , but even you would surely have to admit there's been some questionable behavior from some of the WB faithful this year ..... surely you don't agree with fans screaming at kids or your coach getting upset with Coach Quarles and trying to put an end to the rivalry . Maryville vs William Blount should be a lot bigger than Coach Meadow's temper tantrums ... don't you agree ?