Hey Maryville

carl spackler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont need to know all the titles and all of the wins. just wondering how good you guys are this year. what are some of your scores, tough wins against, stats, anything? just a curiousity of mine cause the road to the title is through you guys and there is no denying that

We are 8 games into a rebuilding year after loosing 20 plus seniors from last years team. Sometimes we have trouble with fumbles but not every game. We are young but the guys play hard and don't ever quit. We will also take a knee if a player gets banged up.

What school are you from?

Rebel9

We are 8 games into a rebuilding year after loosing 20 plus seniors from last years team. Sometimes we have trouble with fumbles but not every game. We are young but the guys play hard and don't ever quit. We will also take a knee if a player gets banged up.

Rebel9

not in school...but a graduate of red bank. not trying to look ahead or say we are gonna win, i just hope we go to the playoffs and get a shot. you guys are proven and i honestly was just curious. we have a real test this week with rhea county and i know that is what the guys are looking towards (meaning rhea). thanks for the info

Rebel9

Haha... WB fans don't think so...

Maryville is a TRUE 4A powerhouse. They never have "off" years. They are always loaded and always ready.

I mean, they have only lost 1 or 2 games since 2001!!! That is impressive!! They should be ranked in the top 5 in the nation.

IF any team beats Maryville, they ARE the best.

In Maryville it is tradition to win. It is extremely hard to break tradition...

Maryville is a TRUE 4A powerhouse. They never have "off" years. They are always loaded and always ready.

I mean, they have only lost 1 or 2 games since 2001!!! That is impressive!! They should be ranked in the top 5 in the nation.

IF any team beats Maryville, they ARE the best.

In Maryville it is tradition to win. It is extremely hard to break tradition...

They have lost 2 games since 2001, bot at the hands of the Trojans from Morristown West. If not for those losses, Maryville would have the longest win streak in the nation now.

They have lost 2 games since 2001, bot at the hands of the Trojans from Morristown West. If not for those losses, Maryville would have the longest win streak in the nation now.

And Tennessee football 'experts' claim that the best football in the state lies in the Middle or West.

Edited by Hustle_Will_Win

Maryville has the best skill players they ever had. Tyler Maples is the best receiver in school history.Aaron Douglas is the best tight end in school history. Steven Shiver is another outstanding receiver. Maples and Douglas are UT commitments. Shiver will play somewhere in college. Brent Burnett is a 6'3 200lbs junior quarterback with a rocket arm. Great passer. He is being looked at by D1 schools. Derek Hunt is the other quarterback. he can run the option real well. He can throw the ball well also. He made a throw last week that was awesome. He threw a perfect pass to Ryan Singleton last week. Teams have to prepare for both quarterbacks. At running back you have Adrian Baker. Baker is 5'9 220lbs,runs a 4.6 forty,benches well over 350lbs,squats over 500 lbs and runs relentless. He has been offered by Miami,OH and Akron. He is a big time difference maker. Ryan Singleton is a very solid back. He runs hard and catches the ball very well out of the backfield.

The defensive backfield may be the best in school history. Maples and Shiver patrol the secondary. Other secondary standouts include Tyler Clendenen and Caleb Clement. Clement is as tough as they come. He had 2 older brothers that were standouts for Maryville. Other kids that play a lot are Ryan Reisser,Chris Jordan and Adam Lairimore. Secondary will be very good next year. Everyone returns except for Maples and Reisser.

The offensive line is small but those boys are well schooled and tough as nails. They don't get any tougher than Justin Huskey. Huskey is only 6'2 235lbs but doesn't back down from no one. I have seen him whip players like Lee Smith,Rae Sykes,John Bruin and Jared McGaha. He will play somewhere. Probably Maryville college or Austin Peay. If he was 6'4 290lbs he would be illegal.

Defensive line has been a pleasant surprise. Dwight Wood is a great athlete. He is tough as nails,relentless and has a motor that doesn't quit. Brett Wadham has been a nice surprise. Justin Smith will be a star at Maryville before he is through. He has 2 brothers that were stars at Maryville. I believe before he is through he will be better than his brothers were. Todd Hollingsworth,Taylor Steele,Josh Cantwell and Marcus Englehart have played well at DT. None of them aren't Gary Tucker. Then again who is? But those kids play hard every snap. Best thing about the defensive line is almost all of them are underclassmen. Only Steele and Wood are seniors.

Linebacker is a strength of the defense. Tanner Caylor and Landon Hall are bad to the bone. They can run well and will clean your clock. They are relentless. Travis Carpenter and Jeffery Booker have played well. Jordan Halsne and Tim Rodrigues have played well also. Losing Caylor and Hall will hurt next year.

Besides Tyler Maples and Adrian Baker. Maryville's most important player is Takayuki Koyano. Koyano is a great kicker. He will play somewhere in college. He kicks almost every kickoff in the end zone.

This Maryville team reminds me a lot of the 2004 team. Great passing attack to go with a good running game.

The 2005 team was more physical than this years team. The 2005 defense was the best in school history. Offensive and defensive lines were very physical last year. Last years team would have beaten any team in the state. I really believe that.

Maryville has a good shot to win state. But! Injuries would kill this team. If something happened to Tyler Maples,Adrian Baker or a starting offensive lineman. It would kill Maryville. Losing Caylor or Hall would kill Maryville on defense. Lets hope Maryville stays healthy.

As talented as Maryville is. What makes them so good is coaching.